August 15 2009 1:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Invisible Hand
?_?
4,005 Posts
29/M/PA

offline   (12)
August 31 2009 9:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
http://faculty.evansville.edu/ck6/bstud/fibo.html
The Emperor, one of the most remarkable men of the Middle Ages, encouraged learning and scholarship of every kind, having a special interest in Mathematics and Science.
 Around 1224 a meeting was arranged between Fibonacci and Frederick at the Emperor's palazzo in Pisa
 Mathematical questions for Fibonacci to solve were proposed by a scholar, Master John of Palermo.
 Little is known of Fibonacci personally. We do not know if he ever married, if he had any children, what his political views were, or even what he looks like.
 Liber abbaci was a hand written account of his mathematical experiences arising from the contacts he made on his Mediterranean travels
 Liber abbaci was completed in Pisa

Moss Piglet
Buffernut
7,806 Posts
32/F/PA

offline   (4)
September 7 2009 4:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:DICKLORD BONE

I just slid my fat fucking faggot fingers over my little dick. Yes. WoW rules. I ambled my shameful body to the register and slapped down my 5 copies of the games expansion, Wrath of the Lich King. The stench of hot sulfuric farts and acrid body odor escaped my corpulent flesh accordian sides and wafted over the scared teens face.

I shuddered as my eyes ran over her sweet barely legal body. A quick swig of Mountain Dew later and I regained my composure, no longer captivated by this vile whores sweet pert tits. I could tell by her look she had never met a real gamer. A true gamer. I smirked. My fedora felt heavy upon my brow as she silently judged me. How wet was her cunt at my sight? Was that her heavy female musk I smelled or my own excitement?

We made eye contact, she gagged. My superhuman senses warned me of potential drama, no, she was not a suitable mate, just a vapid cunt. I smiled to myself, those hard bodied sluts would never get a piece of this, a REAL man. After putting my Naruto wallet back into my jorts side pocket I took out my iPhone 3G and called my mom, it was time to go home.

lol
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,469 Posts
39/M/PA

online     (23)
September 8 2009 4:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: !LuluBone!

Originally posted by:DICKLORD BONE

I just slid my fat fucking faggot fingers over my little dick. Yes. WoW rules. I ambled my shameful body to the register and slapped down my 5 copies of the games expansion, Wrath of the Lich King. The stench of hot sulfuric farts and acrid body odor escaped my corpulent flesh accordian sides and wafted over the scared teens face.

I shuddered as my eyes ran over her sweet barely legal body. A quick swig of Mountain Dew later and I regained my composure, no longer captivated by this vile whores sweet pert tits. I could tell by her look she had never met a real gamer. A true gamer. I smirked. My fedora felt heavy upon my brow as she silently judged me. How wet was her cunt at my sight? Was that her heavy female musk I smelled or my own excitement?

We made eye contact, she gagged. My superhuman senses warned me of potential drama, no, she was not a suitable mate, just a vapid cunt. I smiled to myself, those hard bodied sluts would never get a piece of this, a REAL man. After putting my Naruto wallet back into my jorts side pocket I took out my iPhone 3G and called my mom, it was time to go home.

lol

lmao
blackeyes
100%
47,207 Posts
32/M/AK

offline   (3)
September 26 2009 1:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol forget it
Invisible Hand
?_?
4,005 Posts
29/M/PA

offline   (12)
September 28 2009 4:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ryan Banecker
Comp 111 3:00 pm
10/13/09
There is a general belief that fate and predestination cannot exist as long as people are born with free will and the ability to make their own decisions. In Annie Proulx's story "Tits-Up in a Ditch" the character's lives and their interactions with each other show how the choices people make influence the fate of the lives of others. Things of the past are out of our control, but those things can directly influence our lives. Not only can a single decision determine the fate of one life, it also has the ability to influence the fate of many lives. Therefore the story proves the existence of fate - in that fate is determined by the decisions of others. The lives of the characters in the story outline a "chain of failure". The chain is made up of the decisions the characters make throughout the story which eventually lead to some sort of downfall.
Consider the events that lead to baby Verl's death. Had Dakota decided not to join the army, Baby Verl wouldn't have been left in Bonita and Verl's care. This is the first decision made in a "chain of failure" which would eventually lead to Baby Verl's demise. Next if Dakota hadn't taken Bonita's advice to "name that baby Verl, after your granddad. That'll make him more interested to help the boy" then the senior Verl probably wouldn't have been as proud of the baby and wouldn't have taken as great an interest in raising him. Had Verl not wanted to raise the boy to be tough, then he probably wouldn't have put him in the bed of the truck and killed him. Baby Verl had no say in any of this. He couldn't control the circumstances that eventually led to his death. It was the decisions made by the other characters in the story that helped determine his ultimate fate.
Bonita Lister was forced to work tirelessly to maintain the ranch by herself. She couldn't count on her husband Verl for help because he had sustained many injuries during his days a cowboy in the rodeo. Had Verl not decided to join the rodeo and get himself injured, she wouldn't have to had to carry the workload as much. If the oil companies hadn't "sucked up Wyoming boys, offering higher wages that no one else, not even Wyatt Match, the county's richest rancher, could pay", then they might have been able to hire some help to maintain the ranch. But Bonita couldn't control how much work Verl could do anymore than she could control how much the oil companies would pay their employees. Bonita's life of hard work was directly influenced by the choices of others.
The story demonstrates how one character's decision can directly influence another character's, but the story also shows how the same effect can stem from people who are not in the story. Dakota's experiences in the military show how these external forces factor into Dakota's fate. Sure it was Dakota's decision to join the military, but it was the President who decided to go to war with Iraq which lead to her vehicle getting bombed. The President's decision to send troops into Iraq is one part of a very broad "chain of failure". There were probably many different factors and decisions that weighed in the Presidents final decision to go to war.

Invisible Hand
?_?
4,005 Posts
29/M/PA

offline   (12)
September 30 2009 9:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Invisible Hand
?_?
4,005 Posts
29/M/PA

offline   (12)
October 9 2009 12:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote