forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Recovery drinks ›› new reply Post Reply
nobodygotstylelikeus
Time Husk
8,368 Posts
F/NA

offline   (1)
August 5 2009 10:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Been using No-Xplode for about 2 weeks now and have seen great results. Stamina and focus that I am getting from this stuff is great. I've put on about 5 lbs of what I am guessing is muscle since starting to use the stuff. No stomach aches or shakiness like I've read in some reviews. Still only taking a little more then 1 scoop and haven't seen too much of a drop in energy. I'll probably end up cycling with this stuff for month, then a week or two off, then back on.

Only downfall of the stuff is that it's hard for me to fall asleep for awhile on nights that I take it. I normally take around 6:15 PM, if I do then I'm pretty much guaranteed to not fall asleep until at least Midnight.

WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 5 2009 10:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the 5lbs could also be water weight since the stuff has 3 different kinds of creatine in it. But muscle is a great possibility.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (4)
August 9 2009 10:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i just stop at taco bell on the way home from the gym. fuck it
Hallowedbthyname
tekubiforiundo
6,718 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (2)
August 10 2009 1:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You know they use the shittiest grade meat there is at taco bell
GLB_saint
GLB_saint
467 Posts
15/M/NA

offline   (5)
August 10 2009 1:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Viper by maximuscle is good, Or recovermax
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 11 2009 10:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I got a free sample of a new BSN product called Volumaize at the UFC this weekend. It's supposed to be drank while you train. I figured "what the fuck, it's free" and tried it out. Maybe it's all in my head but i felt great during and afterwards while taking it. No creatine either which is great for me since i won't pack on the stupid excess water and reading the ingredients it seems to be a good anti-catabolic supplement.

I'm going to try to find the cheapest place i can find it online and give it a go.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 5 2009 11:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
So i've been taking Volumaize for about 2 weeks now. I've taken it both during lifting and training days. The biggest result i've seen is that i recover in between rounds or sets quicker than i was when i was drinking water.

I haven't noticed much in the strength and endurance department. It says that its suppose to be a lactic acid buffer but i haven't noticed much difference in that.

I have noticed improvement in my hydration. I have trained while drinking Gatorade or SmartWater before and i tend to stay hydrated better when the electrolytes are included in my rehydration periods. It's calorie content is low (obviously not as low as water) but its full of amino acids and other vitamins/minerals.

I believe i'd see better results with this if i was stacking it correctly with a pre-workout and post-workout supplement.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (4)
September 6 2009 11:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Hallowedbthyname

You know they use the shittiest grade meat there is at taco bell

if you had half a clue what happened to your protein powder before it got in your jug you'd be on an all big mac diet
Barabbas
The Trouble Maker
10,450 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (10)
September 6 2009 12:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have heard horror stories about the production of some protein powders. Some of it is straight up made from the leftovers of gutted and scaled fish. If it helps me get my swole on then fuck it. I get down with the taco bell too tho. Protein is protein in my book. I get 70 pounds of bovine leg meat dellivered to me every month. Can't beat it at eighty cents a pound.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Recovery drinks ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Recovery drinks

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?