forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,495 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (13)
November 19 2009 9:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

Original Sin...get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. A baby did nothing. I love how they just changed their stance on this too. After nearly 2000 years of saying an unbaptized baby goes to hell, they change their minds. How does that happen

it wasnt that they went to hell, they went to 'limbo,' which is neither heaven or hell.
then a few years ago the pope decided that limbo no longer existed. i have no idea where all of the babies went who were already in limbo.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,439 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 9:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
it has nothing to do with cherry picking or an "easy get-out".....maybe you see it that way but i do not.

i have my own personal relationship with God......if what i believe does not fall in line with what a Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran..etc. church teaches then so be it.....because it still does not matter to me. What i have in my heart can not be taken away from or changed based on what some other man tells me.

and as always with these dicussions.....every one always focuses on the bad things about religion and never on the good.......but i understand that is how man works....i mean case and point is to just look at our media......bad is interesting and entertaining.....no one cares about the good.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,495 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (13)
November 19 2009 9:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

it has nothing to do with cherry picking or an "easy get-out".....maybe you see it that way but i do not.

i'd say basing your life around a book and not listening to all of it is cherry-picking.
liamrulz
embarrassed for y
20,661 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (17)
November 19 2009 9:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
If I thought christianity could only be the way many in this thread have described it, I would not be one. Thats for sure. Technically speaking, I am a christian materialist, in that I do not necessarily believe in all the metaphysics traditionally held up in christianity. I am not saying that nothing happens to you when you die...for certain. but I also do not base my faith on it. hell is something people experience right here on earth, no need to worry about one after life. I want people to experience healing and freedom now even knowing it is incomplete. and I hope for a place where we are all made whole, but I certainly can't prove it exists. Most christians through time didn;t believe it existed yet. it was something that was happening at the end of time. the idea of going to heaven when you died was a much later development. so maybe it will happen, maybe not. I am trying to learn how to love and work for justice now. thats what I care about.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,439 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 9:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:WREN

I personally think the Catholic Church can be blamed for alot of the skeptism and anti-christian feelings. I think they are a poor representation of the entire Christian faith. They are some hateful hypocritical sons of bitches. Yes i know that's a broad generalization and there are exceptions but you can't really argue against me.

Confession is bullshit. If you believe that God can hear you, you don't need a middle man.

Original Sin...get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. A baby did nothing. I love how they just changed their stance on this too. After nearly 2000 years of saying an unbaptized baby goes to hell, they change their minds. How does that happen?

Bastards - another huge WTF? you're telling me because a child, who did nothing wrong was born out of wedlock, they go to hell too? or if a marriage is anulled then the child is considered a bastard too? FACEPALM x a million.

i actually like that they change their stance on things....it shows to me that they can be open minded on certain subjects and to question thier own thinking.

the bastard thing your saying is strange to me....in 12 years of Catholic school i never heard anyone state it as you have. I learned that it was the mother's sin and not the childs.....the child would be fully accepted into the church and baptized......the women simply needs to repent and feel fully sorry for her sins.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,190 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 19 2009 9:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Davey.

Original Sin...get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. A baby did nothing. I love how they just changed their stance on this too. After nearly 2000 years of saying an unbaptized baby goes to hell, they change their minds. How does that happen

it wasnt that they went to hell, they went to 'limbo,' which is neither heaven or hell.
then a few years ago the pope decided that limbo no longer existed. i have no idea where all of the babies went who were already in limbo.

Tomato/Tomoto....A baby is about as pure as you can get, unless it has horns and a tail. There is nothing in this world that tells me that if Heaven exists, they aren't one of the first ones that are granted access.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,439 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 9:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Liam ODonnell M.Div.

If I thought christianity could only be the way many in this thread have described it, I would not be one.

Davey.
Baby Cole
43,495 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (13)
November 19 2009 9:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
testify.
babies rule.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,439 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 9:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Tomato/Tomoto....A baby is about as pure as you can get, unless it has horns and a tail. There is nothing in this world that tells me that if Heaven exists, they aren't one of the first ones that are granted access.

that is what they believe....baby's are welcomed right in.....baptized or not.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,495 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (13)
November 19 2009 9:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
yes, they do now, but for 2000 years they didnt.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,190 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 19 2009 9:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

yeah now they do.

and back to your comment on the bastard thing. I'm not a Catholic so i can only go by hearsay but i've heard it plenty of times that if a couple divorces wishes to remarry in the Catholic Church they must file for anullment which denies everything from the marriage including children. So because a couple paid a bunch of money to the church their kids now all of a sudden are considered born out of wedlock, which is a bastard.
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
32/F/PA

offline   (25)
November 19 2009 9:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I can't give you a reason i'm not a christian because I am. But, the way christians are perceived kind of sucks. Everyone always assumes that because you are a christian you have to be perfect. I may not be a saint but i try and live the right way for the most part.
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
32/F/PA

offline   (25)
November 19 2009 9:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

yeah now they do.

and back to your comment on the bastard thing. I'm not a Catholic so i can only go by hearsay but i've heard it plenty of times that if a couple divorces wishes to remarry in the Catholic Church they must file for anullment which denies everything from the marriage including children. So because a couple paid a bunch of money to the church their kids now all of a sudden are considered born out of wedlock, which is a bastard.

and in a catholic church your supposed to wear an off-white wedding dress if you have been married before/had sex before marriage.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,439 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 9:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

yeah now they do.

your listening to matt too much....or someone like him....never heard such a thing
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,439 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 9:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Seeinsparklesyet?!

yeah now they do.

and in a catholic church your supposed to wear an off-white wedding dress if you have been married before/had sex before marriage.

where do you people come up with this shit????

who are the numb skulls telling you this crap? lol
forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: why are you not christian?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?