forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN
Pulp Free
52,190 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 19 2009 9:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I can see it being a case of reading into things too much but i've heard different people that don't even know eachother all say this.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,495 Posts
32/M/NA

online   (13)
November 19 2009 9:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
its all true. i've heard all of these things too.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,439 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 9:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i guess i must have attended the most progressive churches ever in history because i never had priests tell me 75% of the stuff most of you people here state

again like Liam said
Originally posted by:Liam ODonnell M.Div.

If I thought christianity could only be the way many in this thread have described it, I would not be one.

i guess i don't blame most of you for hating or being so against religions....the undestanding most you have towards Christianity is alien to me.....and again i've been a Catholic for all 33 years of my life, was an alter boy, attended catholic school for 12 years, was married in the church and had both of kids baptized.
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
32/F/PA

offline   (25)
November 19 2009 9:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:sidney

Originally posted by:Seeinsparklesyet?!

Originally posted by:WREN

Originally posted by: sidney

Originally posted by:WREN

Originally posted by: Davey.

Originally posted by: WREN

Original Sin...get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. A baby did nothing. I love how they just changed their stance on this too. After nearly 2000 years of saying an unbaptized baby goes to hell, they change their minds. How does that happen

it wasnt that they went to hell, they went to 'limbo,' which is neither heaven or hell.
then a few years ago the pope decided that limbo no longer existed. i have no idea where all of the babies went who were already in limbo.

Tomato/Tomoto....A baby is about as pure as you can get, unless it has horns and a tail. There is nothing in this world that tells me that if Heaven exists, they aren't one of the first ones that are granted access.

that is what they believe....baby's are welcomed right in.....baptized or not.

yeah now they do.

and back to your comment on the bastard thing. I'm not a Catholic so i can only go by hearsay but i've heard it plenty of times that if a couple divorces wishes to remarry in the Catholic Church they must file for anullment which denies everything from the marriage including children. So because a couple paid a bunch of money to the church their kids now all of a sudden are considered born out of wedlock, which is a bastard.

and in a catholic church your supposed to wear an off-white wedding dress if you have been married before/had sex before marriage.

where do you people come up with this shit????

who are the numb skulls telling you this crap? lol

i got it from my entire catholic family. i'm the only one in my family who doesn't go to a catholic church on the regular.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,439 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 10:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
well your family is a little whacky (no offense) if that is what they really believe and spew that stuff to you.

my mom goes to church several times a week and does not even say the type of stuff most of you have said in this thread
WREN
Pulp Free
52,190 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 19 2009 10:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

i guess i must have attended the most progressive churches ever in history because i never had priests tell me 75% of the stuff most of you people here state

again like Liam said

If I thought christianity could only be the way many in this thread have described it, I would not be one.

i guess i don't blame most of you for hating or being so against religions....the undestanding most you have towards Christianity is alien to me.....and again i've been a Catholic for all 33 years of my life, was an alter boy, attended catholic school for 12 years, was married in the church and had both of kids baptized.

I don't hate any religion. You can worship a teapot, it doesn't matter to me. The general message from pretty much all religions, including Satanists, is good. It's all what you take from it and do with it that matters.
Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
23,560 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 10:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Wren is almost a full Jedi master. I just shed a tear.
Dianana
8====D
66,267 Posts
35/F/PA

online   (8)
November 19 2009 11:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

again like Liam said

You are forgetting that most of us, at one time or another, explained that we were raised in Christian families.

I was raised in your typical Catholic family where you only go to church on Christmas and Easter. I always got mad at my dad because he never went (he wasn't Catholic) and I only had to go to make my grandparents happy.

Anyway, I knew it was all bullshit since the first obnoxious day of CCD.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,439 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 11:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
typical is only going on Christmas and Easter?

also your father was not Catholic so again....how is that a typical Catholic family?
John Barlow
Vodka Party
17,778 Posts
67/M/PA

offline     (15)
November 19 2009 11:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Here come the Catholicism police.
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
32/F/PA

offline   (25)
November 19 2009 11:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
my "typical" catholic family goes EVERY sunday, all holidays and some other days of the week if work permits. and that is exactly why i'm not catholic.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,439 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 11:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:John Barlow

Here come the Catholicism police.

i'm just saying i would not consider that a typical Catholic family is all.

look right now i'm a bad Catholic or Christian....i do not go to church every Sunday because it is a pain the fucking ass with a baby and a 4 year old when you are all by yourself.....but i accept the fact that, i believe, i'm in the wrong here.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,190 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 19 2009 11:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
most Catholics i know, stopped going to church every Sunday shortly after they completed CCD.

not all, but most.
John Barlow
Vodka Party
17,778 Posts
67/M/PA

offline     (15)
November 19 2009 11:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Listen, you fuzzy little shit head! I've been fucked around in my time by a fairly good cross-section of mean-tempered rule-crazy cops, and now, it's my turn. So fuck you officer. I'm in charge.
John Barlow
Vodka Party
17,778 Posts
67/M/PA

offline     (15)
November 19 2009 11:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I went every Sunday until I told my parents I thought it was all pile of stinky, green horseshit. It had nothing to do with "CCD". That was around the time I met John Wren actually. He's the fucking Antichrist.
forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: why are you not christian?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?