forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 20 2009 1:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Being a Christian, Life is great.
Peace, love, joy without the sex and drugs.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 20 2009 1:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
November 20 2009 8:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:paradelights

Without sex?

really... fuck that.

kilgoretrout
Time Husk
2,832 Posts
29/M/WV

offline     (3)
November 20 2009 10:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

not to mention the amazing masturbation techniques that i've learned.

lol.
$teve grove
dr. spaceman
23,170 Posts
33/M/OH

offline     (17)
November 20 2009 10:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

why do so many people think the Bible is supposed to be taken as fact????

maybe that is what Baptist Christians (like matt) think.....but plenty of Catholic priests have told me over the years to take the bible (especially the old testament) as a teaching tool.....not as that the stuff you read in there actually happened

"Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation" (2 Peter 20)
$teve grove
dr. spaceman
23,170 Posts
33/M/OH

offline     (17)
November 20 2009 10:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Davey.

i'm just saying if youre choosing to take moral guidance from the bible, you have no choice but to cherry-pick arguments out of things you don't agree with. the parts that dont apply to you you can say arent supposed to be taken literally. its a very easy get-out.

$teve grove
dr. spaceman
23,170 Posts
33/M/OH

offline     (17)
November 20 2009 10:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: "He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (Matthew 15:4-7)

Jesus has a punishment even worse than his father concerning adultery: God said the act of adultery was punishable by death. Jesus says looking with lust is the same thing and you should gouge your eye out, better a part, than the whole. The punishment under Jesus is an eternity in Hell. (Matthew 5:27)

Peter says that all slaves should "be subject to [their] masters with all fear," to the bad and cruel as well as the "good and gentle." This is merely an echo of the same slavery commands in the Old Testament. 1 Peter 2:18

All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
$teve grove
dr. spaceman
23,170 Posts
33/M/OH

offline     (17)
November 20 2009 10:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
in my opinion, its all or nothing.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 23 2009 2:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:crunkmoose

Without sex?

really... fuck that.

sorry I forgot to specify I meant sex outside of marriage. if there was no sex, I'm with you. there wouldn't really be much human life around.
bathtub_shitter
EP1C W1N
442 Posts
32/M/TX

offline   (5)
November 23 2009 5:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
larry cockabea
busta hymen
5,679 Posts
28/M/SC

offline   (1)
November 23 2009 6:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: 3,000 piece McNugget

- because the bible is an astro-theological/literary hybrid plagiarized from a ton of different stories predating the life of jesus christ.

- the fact that christianity has kept people ignorant and caused such a slow pace with important scientific research and discovery.

-

jesus gonna be trashed tonight
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 23 2009 9:21 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

read the thread title. gtfo.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
November 23 2009 2:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by:crunkmoose

Without sex?

really... fuck that.

sorry I forgot to specify I meant sex outside of marriage. if there was no sex, I'm with you. there wouldn't really be much human life around.

No sex outside of marriage? Really... fuck that.

I can assume, then, that you are indeed a virgin, then, matt? Because if not... well, your entire point here just went right out the window.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,190 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 23 2009 2:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the whole "wait until you are married" is stupid.

the better request would be "wait until you are in love".

sex out of marriage should not be a big deal. what if you've been married before and aren't necessarily looking to jump back onto that wagon? I doubt God cares about something like that. I think it's more about promiscuity....aka being a whore.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
November 23 2009 2:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:WREN

the whole "wait until you are married" is stupid.

the better request would be "wait until you are in love".

sex out of marriage should not be a big deal. what if you've been married before and aren't necessarily looking to jump back onto that wagon? I doubt God cares about something like that. I think it's more about promiscuity....aka being a whore.

I will admit that I prefer sex in a comitted relationship... and while casual sex with people you don't know can be dangerous these days due to disease, I have slept with women I did know but was not in a relationship with and we both had a lot of fun.

Human sexuality is not simple enough for most people to actually be satisfied, healthy, and well-adjusted with one single partner their entire lives. There are things I like that some women have not been into and vice versa. Then, of course, there are different body types and sexual styles.
forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: why are you not christian?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?