forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 23 2009 4:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
why am I not a Christian? I can't answer that so I'll just say why I wouldn't be a Christian under certain circustances if I hadn't already researched the whole thing.

I think the greatest problem and misunderstanding that would prevent me from being a Christian would be two things:
1. Why is there pain in the world?
2. how do I know the claims made are true? how do I know Jesus existed, how do I know he is God, how do I know, he rose from the dead...?
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 23 2009 4:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:crunkmoose

Originally posted by:WREN

the whole "wait until you are married" is stupid.

the better request would be "wait until you are in love".

sex out of marriage should not be a big deal. what if you've been married before and aren't necessarily looking to jump back onto that wagon? I doubt God cares about something like that. I think it's more about promiscuity....aka being a whore.

I will admit that I prefer sex in a comitted relationship... and while casual sex with people you don't know can be dangerous these days due to disease, I have slept with women I did know but was not in a relationship with and we both had a lot of fun.

Human sexuality is not simple enough for most people to actually be satisfied, healthy, and well-adjusted with one single partner their entire lives. There are things I like that some women have not been into and vice versa. Then, of course, there are different body types and sexual styles.

you act like we're just animals. you are only an animal if you make yourself one.
Digital_Satan
Shut Up Bitch!!
1,100 Posts
26/M/SD

offline   (5)
November 23 2009 4:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:paradelights

Originally posted by:crunkmoose

Originally posted by:WREN

the whole "wait until you are married" is stupid.

the better request would be "wait until you are in love".

sex out of marriage should not be a big deal. what if you've been married before and aren't necessarily looking to jump back onto that wagon? I doubt God cares about something like that. I think it's more about promiscuity....aka being a whore.

I will admit that I prefer sex in a comitted relationship... and while casual sex with people you don't know can be dangerous these days due to disease, I have slept with women I did know but was not in a relationship with and we both had a lot of fun.

Human sexuality is not simple enough for most people to actually be satisfied, healthy, and well-adjusted with one single partner their entire lives. There are things I like that some women have not been into and vice versa. Then, of course, there are different body types and sexual styles.

you act like we're just animals. you are only an animal if you make yourself one.

technically speaking we are just animals.

Christianity is for faggots.............................
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 23 2009 4:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
If you want to speak in technicalities, we are all just a bunch of proteins.
No, we are more than animals and we represent more. We are more intelligent and we have a sense of awareness that animals can't obtain.
But if you feel that labeling yourself as an animal serves you better, I'm not one to argue. I'll simply let you.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 23 2009 4:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Nelson_whlr

also, why would you say this? In your opinion, what's wrong with Christians anyways?
Digital_Satan
Shut Up Bitch!!
1,100 Posts
26/M/SD

offline   (5)
November 23 2009 4:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: paradelights

also, why would you say this? In your opinion, what's wrong with Christians anyways?

christianity is nothing but a bunch of bullshit a few crazy guys wrote trying to better the world. telling you how u "SHOULD" live your life, not "HOW TO" live your life. I used to read the bible, so u cant say i dont know anything about it.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 23 2009 7:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:LordLuvKnuckle

How many times do you think Matt Jerks Off in a day?

The act of sex is natural. When you deny yourself that based off of a religious beleif, it is probably one of the most fucked up things in life.

Sex is not wrong. It is necessary for life. Instead of preaching abstinence maybe they should preach safe sex. This is reason number 574 why Christianity is totally fucked.

I totally agree, sex isn't wrong.
Water isn't either, but if you drink to much of it at one time, you will die.

Point being, Anything abused is wrong. It doesn't matter what it is. Think of anything.

If you have sex without commitment (lifelong commitment even), it will screw your mind up, and it will screw up your future ability to have relationships, and it will produce children you never meant to have and screw them up too.
......that's my point. Christianity sounds a little more wise now doesn't it?
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,509 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (13)
November 23 2009 7:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
no. it doesnt work.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 23 2009 7:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: paradelights

christianity is nothing but a bunch of bullshit a few crazy guys wrote trying to better the world. telling you how u "SHOULD" live your life, not "HOW TO" live your life. I used to read the bible, so u cant say i dont know anything about it.

You're 17 so you couldn't have read it that much. I can tell you right now, it isn't about a much of "how to's."
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 23 2009 7:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

The act of sex is natural. When you deny yourself that based off of a religious beleif, it is probably one of the most fucked up things in life.

Sex is not wrong. It is necessary for life. Instead of preaching abstinence maybe they should preach safe sex. This is reason number 574 why Christianity is totally fucked.

Point being, Anything abused is wrong. It doesn't matter what it is. Think of anything.

If you have sex without commitment (lifelong commitment even), it will screw your mind up, and it will screw up your future ability to have relationships, it will give you diseases, and it will produce children you never meant to have and screw them up too.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,110 Posts
52/M/NA

offline   (1)
November 23 2009 10:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
"If you have sex without commitment (lifelong commitment even), it will screw your mind up, and it will screw up your future ability to have relationships, it will give you diseases, and it will produce children you never meant to have and screw them up too."

loler coaster.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
November 23 2009 10:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:paradelights

If you have sex without commitment (lifelong commitment even), it will screw your mind up, and it will screw up your future ability to have relationships, and it will produce children you never meant to have and screw them up too.

Speaking as someone who has done so... how the fuck would you fucking know?

I don't take sex advice from virgins.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 23 2009 11:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You really don't know what I am. And I don't think either answer will benefit you. What did I tell you about assumptions?
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 23 2009 11:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
like I said, "If you have sex without commitment (lifelong commitment even), it will screw your mind up, and it will screw up your future ability to have relationships, it will give you diseases, and it will produce children you never meant to have and screw them up too."

I promise you, this is what happens. You can bash Christianity till hell freezes over and tommynorcal admits he needs psychological help, but it works.
rararachel
Time Husk
3 Posts
26/F/NA

November 24 2009 8:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Religion is another list of rules that strap you down.
forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: why are you not christian?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol