forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply
Nnn
Time Husk
875 Posts
64/M/SC

November 25 2009 9:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
they don't shut the fuck up ever.
Nnn
Time Husk
875 Posts
64/M/SC

November 25 2009 9:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
christians need to study pragmatics. we need to keep these people busy. for centuries.
Nnn
Time Husk
875 Posts
64/M/SC

November 25 2009 9:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
catholic clergy forced my grandparents to bury their few-month-old son in unblessed ground. they told my grandmother that he would be lost in purgatory for eternity. she had a nervous breakdown.
xDana.Anarchy.Gothx
EMO, DEATH, POWER
13 Posts
26/F/TN

offline   (1)
November 25 2009 9:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i am in a Christan Rock band :D
Nnn
Time Husk
875 Posts
64/M/SC

November 25 2009 9:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
magdalene laundries.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
November 25 2009 9:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Wasted Years

Originally posted by:paradelights

I just think it's insanely egocentric to think that one out of hundreds of religions is the truth. It's also delusional to be that sure of something with no evidence whatsoever, but that's the definition of faith.

out of millions of answers to 2+2= 4.
The thing I like about Christianity is it doesn't require you to divorce you logic and reason. There is historical evidence that Jesus lived and died and rose again. In fact, that was the entire claim behind the explosion of 2000 converts. They claimed they saw the risen Christ. "Faith" is faith with the pre-knowledge of God, and then trusting in his promises. Of course, you can't scientifically prove God with a test tube, just like you can't scientifically prove George Washington walked the earth or how the Egyptians thought process worked (I mean that thought is proved with secondary evidence and seen through actions), you merely have indications of such with secondary evidence.

Logic and reason tell me that:
A: People don't die and comeback to life days later.
B: There's no scientifically possible way for a "virgin birth."
C: You can't walk on water without camera tricks or wires.

D. Mana from Heaven
E. Jonah
F. Noah's Ark
G. the creation of the universe... in 6days, no less.
Nnn
Time Husk
875 Posts
64/M/SC

November 25 2009 9:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
christians can not reconcile their past, present, or future whilst still clinging to god.
Swartzwelder
comma John
1,565 Posts
38/M/PA

offline     (10)
November 25 2009 9:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah that list could run the length of the alphabet a few times.
Nnn
Time Husk
875 Posts
64/M/SC

November 25 2009 10:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
because i can stand being alone with the alone most of the time.
TheOtherGodhead
N.I.L.
11,730 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (2)
November 25 2009 10:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Their entire story has obvious flaws.
mckayla_cherry
lil pierced cherry
70 Posts
32/F/NA

offline   (13)
November 25 2009 10:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
besides my earlier reason...

i grew up in church, behind the scenes, as i was a preacher's kid...no one kicks their own when they're down like christians.

aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (1)
November 26 2009 10:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

Originally posted by:Sharplimbed

Originally posted by: sidney

pollcat.....only crazy people who are completely off their rocker would believe in an after life.....i've totally gone 180 and decided i agree with all the non-believers in this thread.....

but why would you believe? what makes you think there is? there could be, but it just doesn't seem like there's any reason to think, nevermind believe, there is.

because, first off, the converastion is tiring and never goes anywhere......but the big reason is because the people who believe have something called Faith....it is as simple as that.

i can't prove it to be fact, nor will i try.......in the same way you or anyone else can prove me wrong.

the only thing i try to defend is people telling me that religion is wrong, stupid or takes you down some doomed road.

I'm honestly not sure what faith means. I think it's belief without evidence, but when I say that people say it another way. So what is faith in this context specifically, other than belief without evidence?

i'm not saying there is or isn't an afterlife, no one can be sure. what we can do is look at the evidence - is there any that there is an afterlife? scientific knowledge would lead us to believe that there probably isn't, but we can't be sure - which is my position
cows spending money
abu ghraib valenti
839 Posts
33/M/VA

offline   (1)
November 26 2009 10:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
an old man once told me that faith is what stupid people do to pretend they have understanding and knowledge.

that being said, i really want to believe in all that stuff. i'd love to think i get to see all those i loved again after they've died. i'd love to believe that all the evil people always get punished after they die, and that the good are rewarded. i'd love more than anything to believe all of that. problem is, the evil people look pretty happy here and the good tend to suffer. if there is a god, for all we know, she's a giant spider, or like tennessee wrote in 'suddenly last summer', a great devouring mouth.

but again,

Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 26 2009 1:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by:paradelights

I just think it's insanely egocentric to think that one out of hundreds of religions is the truth. It's also delusional to be that sure of something with no evidence whatsoever, but that's the definition of faith.

out of millions of answers to 2+2= 4.
The thing I like about Christianity is it doesn't require you to divorce you logic and reason. There is historical evidence that Jesus lived and died and rose again. In fact, that was the entire claim behind the explosion of 2000 converts. They claimed they saw the risen Christ. "Faith" is faith with the pre-knowledge of God, and then trusting in his promises. Of course, you can't scientifically prove God with a test tube, just like you can't scientifically prove George Washington walked the earth or how the Egyptians thought process worked (I mean that thought is proved with secondary evidence and seen through actions), you merely have indications of such with secondary evidence.

Logic and reason tell me that:
A: People don't die and comeback to life days later.
B: There's no scientifically possible way for a "virgin birth."
C: You can't walk on water without camera tricks or wires.

So lets say, out of some slim possibility all of life was created by God. This beauty you see comes together in a way that is pleasing to the eye for a reason like someone with a paint brush actually made it all work together. If there is nothing that created all this, you're right, but then again, life itself is something that should not be. It's a mystery today.

If God exists, why not?
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,509 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (13)
November 26 2009 1:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
IF GOD EXISTS WHY DOES HE GIVE KIDS CANCER
forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: why are you not christian?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?