forum Arts & Entertainment ›› The Walking Dead thread ›› new reply Post Reply
Gisty
Swoop The Dang
4,908 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (3)
November 8 2010 7:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: emogeddon

and amazon already has the bluray price for the first season up on its site without a release date.

talk about getting a head of yourself. sheesh.

LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 8 2010 9:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: One Last Enemy

Awesome news for cast,crew, etc. This show is going to turn into a hit I think. It's sort of funny too considering how many people were concerned taking the story from the comic book to the cable plot and how that would turn out.

this show wouldn't have worked for any network televsion company. i think that it was either made for fx, amc or even a premium channel.

I'm so happy darabont didn't go through with doing this at nbc. Would've been a fucking train wreck.
HippieHooligan
stmulatinterest
5,987 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (6)
November 14 2010 2:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
tonight!
THE WAY
TAINT HUSK
7,956 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (29)
November 15 2010 12:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
just watched the first two and then the 3rd episode.... shits awesome michael rookers hand...
Aunt_Pee
mr. birthdaysex
8,640 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (12)
November 15 2010 12:11 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
shits bout to hit the fan.
HippieHooligan
stmulatinterest
5,987 Posts
37/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (6)
November 15 2010 12:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Really good episode. But at the end they said only 3 more episodes? Wtf? 6 epidose first season? That's beat. We're gonna have to wait like a year for the second season.
Aunt_Pee
mr. birthdaysex
8,640 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (12)
November 15 2010 12:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
welp, they got the greenlight for 13 more episodes... but waiting a year to see them will blow.
Dave B.
12,352 Posts
7/M/PA

November 15 2010 2:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
tonight's episode:

Brett Weir
im gay
45,340 Posts
35/M/NY

offline  mobile reply   (8)
November 15 2010 2:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Episode was too good. I love this shit.
cows spending money
abu ghraib valenti
839 Posts
34/M/VA

offline   (1)
November 15 2010 4:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i've been told they're following the comics pretty closely, but does anyone who's read them know if they're recreating frames from them in the show? every now and then there's a shot that looks like it could be a visual reconstruction from the comic, but i don't know...

awesome show so far.
Otzi
Time Husk
8,535 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (3)
November 15 2010 12:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It's been too long since I've read them but I'm pretty sure that scene in the hospital with the locked door and the hand coming out was in the comic. Probably more I just don't remember.
jim-truth-
urban achiever
3,691 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (12)
November 15 2010 1:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cows spending money

i've been told they're following the comics pretty closely, but does anyone who's read them know if they're recreating frames from them in the show? every now and then there's a shot that looks like it could be a visual reconstruction from the comic, but i don't know...

awesome show so far.

yeah. they did side by side comparisons and they're spot on. if you go on amc.com they have a bunch of stuff about it.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 15 2010 1:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: WonMillion

Originally posted by: One Last Enemy

that is awesome considering they have only shown two episodes

they retained 85% of the audience from last week's premiere which is almost unheard of for most shows.

4.7 million is nothing scoff at.

i want to know how those numbers get calculated. are the ratings they get based only on whos watching at air time? does it take into account how many people dvr it, or watch it on demand or any other factors?

i have absolutely no idea whatsoever. i'd love to read how they get those numbers and how they determine the demographics behind them.

The old way was...

I forget the name of the company but they used to send people out into certain areas all over the country and set up special cable boxes in their home. These boxes would calculate what time you were on TV, what channels you were watching at what time, and how long you watched said programming. Based on these readings they were able to give a projected figure of how many people were watching said shows.

Pay-Per-View was obviously tallied through actual purchases.

Now with everything going digital it's much easier to get a more accurate reading of who is watching what, when, and how long. Figures for shows are coming out pretty much the next day now, rather than a week later like they used to a few years ago.

The only problem with the numbers is that it doesn't take into account of how many people are in each household watching it. You have to factor in how many houses are going to have more than one person watching the TV at the same time. So while The Walking Dead pulled in 4.7 million TV's set on the show, that number could be doubled or tripled for a true amount of how many people were watching it.

Now maybe the do take into account for that X factor of how many people live in each house, but then every single number you see is just an estimation.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,204 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
November 15 2010 1:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i guess its quicker and easier to saw through your own flesh and bone than through handcuffs or a 1/4-20 bolt?
Brett Weir
im gay
45,340 Posts
35/M/NY

offline   (8)
November 15 2010 1:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
of course it is
forum Arts & Entertainment ›› The Walking Dead thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: The Walking Dead thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject