forum Arts & Entertainment ›› The Walking Dead thread ›› new reply Post Reply
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,235 Posts
9/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 1 2010 11:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
It wasn't too bad. I was definitely impressed. The liberties they took to expand on the story do not seem to be taking away from the feel of the comic yet. Robert Kirkman said he was impressed when he was on set, so that's good enough for me when the creator is happy.

Survival of the Dead was pretty bad, but I thought it was a lot better than the remake of the Crazies. We watched that the other night. Pure shit.
Lifetime74
Woooo!
27,819 Posts
44/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (13)
November 1 2010 11:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Pollcat

Originally posted by: Captain Ahab

Originally posted by: tyrod24

I enjoyed it

Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,514 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
November 1 2010 11:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
couldn't catch it last night but my friend dvred it. can't wait to watch it tonight hopefully.
Aunt_Pee
mr. birthdaysex
8,640 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (12)
November 1 2010 11:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Lifetime74

Originally posted by: Pollcat

Originally posted by: Captain Ahab

Originally posted by: tyrod24

I enjoyed it

i thought they did really well with it. sunday nights just got a little better.
KTroublesome
Time Husk
2,618 Posts
35/M/PA

November 1 2010 1:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WonMillion

My new favorite show. I dint like that it started just like 28 days later. But other than that, I expect big things.

Almost 100% Positive the comic started around 2001. 28 Days Later didn't come out until 2002. Just sayin. This show is practically page for freakin page the comic. I love it. Best show on TV.
JP22
Shark City
7,394 Posts
35/M/CA

offline   (2)
November 1 2010 1:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The pilot was awesome and i'm really excited for next weeks episode. Fuck i have like 4 shows to watch on Sunday, pretty much rules.
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 1 2010 1:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: KTroublesome

Originally posted by: WonMillion

My new favorite show. I dint like that it started just like 28 days later. But other than that, I expect big things.

Almost 100% Positive the comic started around 2001. 28 Days Later didn't come out until 2002. Just sayin. This show is practically page for freakin page the comic. I love it. Best show on TV.

It might be the other way around...but either way, they came out too close together for it to really be a "somebody got ripped off" kind of thing.

It's not like 28 Days Later made that shit up either.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (21)
November 1 2010 1:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I didn't watch it because I was still pretty hungover last night and figured I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I should given my mental state lol. Hopefully they re-play the pilot before the second episode airs next sunday though so that I can catch up.

It's funny that people here are declaring that this is the best show on TV after seeing one episode, pretty bold statement.
kyle_n
cumb0ner
14,013 Posts
32/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 1 2010 1:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i wish i had cable.
Brett Weir
im gay
45,340 Posts
35/M/NY

offline   (8)
November 1 2010 2:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It was a really good start, and I can't wait until next week.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,110 Posts
54/M/NA

offline   (1)
November 1 2010 2:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm always wary of tv shows based on action, just because the production and effects value is almost uniformly terrible. you can't keep up good effects with a tv budget, but the reaction sounds good, so maybe it won't look like a semi-polished turd.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,820 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 1 2010 2:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
also they did not seem to hold back on the gore at all.
Brett Weir
im gay
45,340 Posts
35/M/NY

offline   (8)
November 1 2010 2:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: adam.

i'm always wary of tv shows based on action, just because the production and effects value is almost uniformly terrible. you can't keep up good effects with a tv budget, but the reaction sounds good, so maybe it won't look like a semi-polished turd.

dont see why you would think AMC, who does breaking bad and mad men, would hold back on the production of this. the trailer looked clutch as fuck. tv series' have also been getting closer and closer to film budgets consistently over the last decade. Look at LOST for example, that shit looks like a film!

you wont be disappointed, man. the zombie makeup was really good, i liked it better than the later romero stuff, and he was the only one who kind of still had that (even though he lost EVERYTHING ELSE).
HippieHooligan
stmulatinterest
5,987 Posts
37/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (6)
November 1 2010 4:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: kyle_n

i wish i had cable.

You have the internet. That's all you need nowadays.
kyle_n
cumb0ner
14,013 Posts
32/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 1 2010 4:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i hate downloading full tv shows. or streaming shitty quality pirated versions. if its not on hulu/netflix, i don't watch it.
forum Arts & Entertainment ›› The Walking Dead thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: The Walking Dead thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?