November 29 2010 1:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 29 2010 1:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Spoilers?

Time for you dorks to catch up on the comics. It's going to be like 5 years from now before they get to where they are in the comics right now.

Michonne is the best character in the entire series. Stoked to see her next season.
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
November 29 2010 1:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Gotta read the comics, last nights episode was good, sucks finale is next week already
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 29 2010 1:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The comics are so well written that, in my opinion, surpass most other comics out there. I know there is a stigma to reading comics but this is honestly the best zombie story I've ever come across. I believe I said it earlier in the thread that up until I was introduced to this I would have gone to battle for the first three Romero films but The Walking Dead is leaps and bounds a better story.

I think alot of people are going to want to know what happens next now that this series is out and because it's so short. I know they said there already has been a spike in sales of the comics but I think it's only going to go up once the show ends next week.

So much stuff has happened since the first story arc ended. Wait until they get to the prison and meet the Governor.
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
November 29 2010 1:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Stoked gonna start reading the comics
HippieHooligan
stmulatinterest
5,987 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (6)
November 29 2010 2:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Philds15

Stoked gonna start reading the comics

KTroublesome
Time Husk
2,618 Posts
35/M/PA

November 29 2010 4:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

The comics are so well written that, in my opinion, surpass most other comics out there. I know there is a stigma to reading comics but this is honestly the best zombie story I've ever come across. I believe I said it earlier in the thread that up until I was introduced to this I would have gone to battle for the first three Romero films but The Walking Dead is leaps and bounds a better story.

I think alot of people are going to want to know what happens next now that this series is out and because it's so short. I know they said there already has been a spike in sales of the comics but I think it's only going to go up once the show ends next week.

So much stuff has happened since the first story arc ended. Wait until they get to the prison and meet the Governor.

I have to agree with 100% of what you've said. Although, after last nights episode, I am kind of second guessing where they are taking the story, and just how close they are gonna follow the comics. Where the hell did the CDC plot come from? They left the camp an episode too early. Characters still have to die. WTF?! Ha.

But really, the comics are amazing. If you are itchin to know where the story is headed, just grab the graphic novels and start a readin. You will be hooked. Guaranteed.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 29 2010 4:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
They've already said in interviews that the story will drift slightly from time to time. It's to give the fans of the comics something to be surprised about. The meat and potatoes is still going to remain.
jim-truth-
urban achiever
3,691 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (12)
November 29 2010 4:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think a big part of the second season will involve them meeting the farmer and his kids. then following them to the prison and all the crazy shit that ensues. so pissed i have to wait an untold amount of time to see this story play out in live action.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 29 2010 4:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
They are saying that next season is going to be 13 episodes and the plan is to get through the next two storyarcs. I forget where the 3rd one leaves off.
liamrulz
embarrassed for y
20,661 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (17)
November 29 2010 4:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: KTroublesome

Originally posted by: LastOnePicked

curious where Merle went though....figure he would've beaten them there since they were on foot.

either way, the made-for-tv characters seem to be getting trimmed off.

good.

SPOILERS FROM THE BOOKS...DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW SHIT.

I love this. Carol's douche husband is gone. The majority of "henchmen #1's" who were scattered throughout the camp got eaten tonight. Out of all the "new" characters, i agree that Darryl (Merle's brother) can stay. He rules. The others...meh.

This is seriously the best show. Only a few things I dont like.

-Carol wasn't old w/ a dyke cut in the book. She was cute. No way a bad ass ex-NFL player is gonna fuck a grey haired lookin dyke with a kid. Plus, her husband was already dead in the books. Never even showed up. It was only eluded to that she was beaten.

-The whole going back to the city for a guy never happened.

-The stupid ""vatos" bullshit was pointless.

that episode was written by robert kirkman, and I think he likely added them in to get at some of the themes early on of mistrust between survivors
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 29 2010 4:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
In the midst of looking up what happened at the end of the "Safety Behind Bars" story, I found out that the plan is to introduce Michonne very early on next season because of how big of a fan favorite she is.
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
December 1 2010 3:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
So Frank Darabont has apparently fired his entire writing staff, seeing as how this season he wrote 2 episodes himself, co-wrote another 3, and kirkman wrote 1.

From what I read, he's planning on doing most of the writing himself, and maybe freelancing some of it out.
forum Arts & Entertainment ›› The Walking Dead thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: The Walking Dead thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?