forum Arts & Entertainment ›› The Walking Dead thread ›› new reply Post Reply
TheOtherGodhead
N.I.L.
11,730 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (2)
October 19 2011 7:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: 3,000 piece McNugget

i've never even read the comics and people that have who go into it wanting it (or any comic-based film/show) to be just like the comics are fucking morons. you've already read the comic, why would you not want to experience something new?

if that was directed towards what i said, i just think that the writing is pretty bad and there are a lot of generally irritating things about the show that nobody here is talking about. hurf durf duuuurrrrrr

It's a pretty common thing to wanna see things play out how they did in the comics. To actually see mouths moving and to not add the voices to the text you're reading yourself. And to see what you're to assume happened between panels.
But as you touched on, it's nice to see something kinda new happen that you haven't seen already.
Generally I'm not one of those people that gets a boner because they do something that didn't happen in the comic. Also, I was merely adding to the conversation, come at me bro!
HippieHooligan
stmulatinterest
5,987 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (6)
October 23 2011 9:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
watching now
jim-truth-
urban achiever
3,691 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (12)
October 23 2011 10:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: TheOtherGodhead

i've never even read the comics and people that have who go into it wanting it (or any comic-based film/show) to be just like the comics are fucking morons. you've already read the comic, why would you not want to experience something new?

if that was directed towards what i said, i just think that the writing is pretty bad and there are a lot of generally irritating things about the show that nobody here is talking about. hurf durf duuuurrrrrr

It's a pretty common thing to wanna see things play out how they did in the comics. To actually see mouths moving and to not add the voices to the text you're reading yourself. And to see what you're to assume happened between panels.
But as you touched on, it's nice to see something kinda new happen that you haven't seen already.
Generally I'm not one of those people that gets a boner because they do something that didn't happen in the comic. Also, I was merely adding to the conversation, come at me bro!

it would be a bigger issue if they made an alternate story arc and it sucked outright. the acting is so solid and the story is different but it is good. the comic goes through characters like water and to transfer that to a t.v. show would get a little frustrating. you would be introduced to a character, get a glimpse of them for like 15-20 mins and then they'd be wiped out. so i can see why they might be building the core group of characters as much as they are.
blackeyes
100%
47,265 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
October 23 2011 11:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
second one was better than the first but there is still a whole lot of nothing happening for most of the episode. the whole episode could have been the last 15 minutes.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 24 2011 3:10 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: jim-truth-

it would be a bigger issue if they made an alternate story arc and it sucked outright. the acting is so solid and the story is different but it is good. the comic goes through characters like water and to transfer that to a t.v. show would get a little frustrating. you would be introduced to a character, get a glimpse of them for like 15-20 mins and then they'd be wiped out. so i can see why they might be building the core group of characters as much as they are.

thats the thing though, i don't even know any of the character's names. it's like they're trying to drill all this character development into the show but they're doing a horrible job.
HippieHooligan
stmulatinterest
5,987 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (6)
October 24 2011 7:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
just for the record i know what jenner whispered to rick at the cdc. and i didnt read the comics and i dont even know if thats in the comics or not.
TheOtherGodhead
N.I.L.
11,730 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (2)
October 24 2011 8:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: jim-truth-

I see your point and the only other thing I have to add is The Walking Dead novel Rise Of the Governor is pretty good so far. I read five or six chapters this morning.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
39,117 Posts
34/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (7)
October 24 2011 8:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
nerd
HippieHooligan
stmulatinterest
5,987 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (6)