forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› MMA general discussion thread ›› new reply Post Reply
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,227 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
January 26 2011 4:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
is the bear waiting for him to drop into his guard with an arm through so he can apply the triangle?
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
January 26 2011 4:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ooooooh, low blow man
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,227 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
January 26 2011 4:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
hahahahaha
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 29 2011 11:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Tim Sylvia was KO'd in 32 seconds last night but TUF cast-off Abe Wagner. It was officially a Super Heavyweight bout but Wagner weighed in just under the heavyweight limit while Big Timmy weighed in at 311 lbs. He was slow and sluggish right from the get-go. It was embarrassing to watch.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 30 2011 10:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
My thoughts on the Strikeforce card:

The Diaz/Cyborg and Lawler/Jacare fights were the only two on the entire card that I cared about. I mean, I'll always cheer for Hershel Walker, but that novelty is going to wear off soon unless he starts fighting legitimate threats.

Cyborg did alot to impress me in the fight but also proved why so many people doubted him the second it was announced. He was known to fade in later rounds but he didn't make it out of the first before being gassed. Controlled aggression seems to be a way to beat Diaz but without the gas tank to back that gameplan up, you are ultimately going to crumbled to his never ending onslaught of attack. That's exactly what happened last night.

Was it me or did Robbie Lawler look lost from the start of that fight? His stance was weird and when they were on the ground there was no sense of urgency from him once the fight hit the ground. And diving into guard when you have Jacare hurt was probably the dumbest thing he could have done.

As for Walker. He's still impressive for only having 2 fights and been training for around a year. He's a freak of nature at 48 years old but eventually they are going to have to pull the plug on this story or give him a creditable opponent.

Strikeforce is hurting. Last nights show was entertaining but they are very limited in what they can do. Right now their #1 contender is going to be Paul Daley providing that a catastrophe doesn't happen at that BAMMA event next month. I don't think Daley is exactly worthy of a that shot but then again who does Strikeforce have? They put Cyborg in with Diaz after only beating Zaromskis and some guy I've never heard of. Diaz will fight anyone but eventually they are going to run out of competitors to keep him happy. I know he signed a "multi-year" deal with Strikeforce but he's going to have to find a way out of that by the end of this year. He's the only challenger left after Jake Shields that is an interesting matchup for GSP.

Their other weight classes are in trouble too. The sole exception is their heavyweight division. That's about the only stacked division they have and they are using it wisely by doing this tournament. We're going to see their top guys go at it over the next few months. The middleweight division is good but it's B-Level compared to the UFC. Hopefully Jacare keeps winning so they can send him over to the UFC where he'll really have to prove himself.

Strikeforce needs to start doing something new to step up their game. Co-promotions with Bellator seems like a great idea for both. Strikeforce would benefit from the talent while Bellator would benefit from the exposure. It's a win-win for both. Hopefully Coker and Rebney can put their ego's aside soon and make something happen.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 3 2011 5:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
UFC 133. August 6th. Wells Fargo Center. Philadelphia, PA

OH FUCK YES!
ass nipples
old dancing boy
39,411 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (7)
February 3 2011 6:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
rule.

any idea what the card looks like or is there not one set yet.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 3 2011 6:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
nothing. just a date.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
39,411 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (7)
February 3 2011 6:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
figured.

im trying to go to this tho
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 3 2011 6:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'll definitely be there.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,227 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
February 8 2011 12:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
according to mmaweekly, nick diaz is considering being a boxer
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 8 2011 2:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
He already has a 1-0 professional boxing record. But he wants a big payday so he's calling out guys like Vargas.

In related news, Strikeforce is reporting a $30 million profit from last year. As much as I think that company is sinking, that is pretty good numbers.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,227 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
February 8 2011 2:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah, thats actually pretty amazing!
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 8 2011 2:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Fedor is fighting Saturday night though so their profits will be down $15 million from last year.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,227 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
February 8 2011 2:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
hahahaha
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› MMA general discussion thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: MMA general discussion thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?