forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› MMA general discussion thread ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 21 2012 12:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah my buddy Eric posted that the other night on facebook. I think the deal extends beyond just the K-1 fights, I think they are going to show some bigger Muay Thai events too. Probably co-promoted by K-1 or something like that.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 21 2012 12:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
either way I'm stoked on it because Muay Thai is my bigger passion than MMA. I can't wait to be watching these fights for free on Spike.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,228 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
August 21 2012 12:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
word. i used to love when they'd show reruns of old K-1 tournaments on espn.
hoost/sapp
HD-Net (or whatever its called now) has muay thai events on occasionally.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
August 21 2012 4:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The K1 deal is cool. I wonder if Overeem will fight. The heavyweights could potentially be a really big hit in the US. There is something like an 80% KO/TKO rate in that division, and that is what people want to see. Boxing sucks now, and the casual fan that doesn't understand MMA probably gets kickboxing. The Max fights are usually better, but don't have the same KO ratio.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,228 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
August 21 2012 5:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i doubt the ufc would allow him to fight somewhere else while hes under contract with them.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (20)
August 21 2012 6:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Plus the whole Fox vs Spike thing
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
August 23 2012 2:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Obviously yeah, but who knows what will come with his license and all of that crap. He wants to fight JDS right out of the gate, but they are having Cain/JDS in December. Overeem could easily end up doing K1 if the money is right. I think he probably will stay with the UFC, but who knows.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,228 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
August 27 2012 1:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
danzig/gomi next fuel tv card.

WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 27 2012 1:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
That's actually a really interesting fight. Danzig will have the better boxing but Gomi hits harder.

This is a fight I would have loved to see in PRIDE.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,228 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
August 27 2012 1:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah it should be a good one. i hope danzig takes it but i see gomi out wrestling him.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 27 2012 2:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
K-1 announced the participants for the Gran Prix which is October 14th. It will air on Spike.com

Badr Hari
Mirko Cro Cop
Daniel Ghita
Raul Catinas
Hesdy Gerges
Pavel Zhuravlev
Ben Edwards
Arnold Oborotov
Paul Slowinski
Zabit Samedov
Sergei Lascenko
Makoto Uehara
Hiromi Amada

I'm really hoping for a Hari/Crocop fight early enough that both are still in it to fight eachother.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,228 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
August 28 2012 7:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
im genuinely excited for the K1 stuff to start airing. i'd even be happy with older stuff.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 28 2012 8:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm sure Spike will show old fights to help hype of fighters competing in new events. You cant' expect a new audience to jump on board without knowing anything about anyone. The UFC atleast had the Gracie and Shamrock days to fall back on. I don't think anyone knows much about K-1 except for when Rogan says "this guy has K-1 level striking"
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,228 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
August 28 2012 8:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
trewf
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 28 2012 9:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I hope they show old fights so people can get to see the beautiful technique of Remy Bonjasky and Ernesto Hoost. It would also be good to show where Crocop came from. He was vicious in his old K-1 days. I wonder how much Overeem they would show though because all that would do is promote him for the UFC. I mean on one hand, if he goes in and wins the title it gives K-1 that much more legitimacy with the casual fan but if he gets smashed it makes K-1 look like a joke or atleast less fearful than "just a UFC guy".
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› MMA general discussion thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: MMA general discussion thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?