forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› MMA general discussion thread ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 9 2010 8:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Maybe fighting in the UFC will motivate him. He should have crushed Joe Warren and Kanehara. I know he's a huge star over in Japan and I think he slacked off on his training alot. He looked good against Lopez in his last fight but who the fuck is that guy?
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 9 2010 9:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Guy who caused the accident that ultimately killed Charles "Mask" Lewis (Tapout) was found guilty of Vehicular Manslaughter and DUI. He faces 13 years in prison. This is his 2nd DUI conviction.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 9 2010 5:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
UFC will be making it's first trip to Scotland in May for a Fight Night. They will be heading to Brazil in November for a PPV.
firebikesmullets
©
1,387 Posts
34/M/TX

offline   (3)
December 9 2010 11:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

Maybe fighting in the UFC will motivate him. He should have crushed Joe Warren and Kanehara. I know he's a huge star over in Japan and I think he slacked off on his training alot. He looked good against Lopez in his last fight but who the fuck is that guy?

agreed. i think he should try out a camp over here in the states. he speaks english well so the language barrier wouldn't be a problem.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (8)
December 10 2010 2:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the kid signing is about 4 years too late.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 10 2010 10:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
UFC has partnered with Orbitz to offer vacation package deals for UFC events.

This is actually pretty awesome because I've flown out to Vegas twice, California once, and drove up to Uncasville, CT for an event too. Doing all the portions separately (flight, hotel, transportation, and event tickets) gets kind of pricey. If this will help alleviate some of the costs, I'm all for it. I know that when you book packages to something like Disney World, your entrance cost is reduced too as part of the package. Hopefully this means cheaper tickets too.
firebikesmullets
©
1,387 Posts
34/M/TX

offline   (3)
December 12 2010 9:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Overeem won the k-1 GP. the guy is a monster. honestly, i don't see him giving up k-1 in favor of more MMA fights anytime soon. that is if FEG can pull their asses out of debt and not fold.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (8)
December 12 2010 10:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
overeem had A LOT of luck in this tournament. a fresh gokhan saki would beat him, as would daniel ghita. overeem is definitely awesome, but he is far from the best kickboxer in K-1, imo.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,227 Posts
38/M/PA

online   (18)
December 14 2010 7:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
ufc 127 card (australia)

click here for link

card looks awesome so far!
Crack Pie
I brought gifts
17,886 Posts
35/M/MD

offline  mobile reply     (11)
December 14 2010 8:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
id like to see a gustafason fight on the main card again over the noke/camozzi one
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 14 2010 1:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
So it's finally come out that PRIDE had signed a deal with Mike Tyson to fight in a series of boxing matches in the PRIDE ring. Two key fights were against Crocop and Fedor. The Crocop fight would have taken place in China and the Fedor fight would have been in Russia. They would be the start of some sort of "World Tour" and fights in Europe and the States were to be scheduled as well.

The deal eventually fell through because at the first PRIDE US event, Tyson pretty much just said "I don't want to do it" while he was walking from his hotel room to the event. DSE never spoke with Tyson again after that and pretty much ate the breach of contract because Tyson had already accrued millions in debt. They figured he wouldn't even blink over another couple thousand.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 14 2010 2:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hahaha that is insane. Straight boxing would have been a pretty terrible idea though.
ScrewFlanders
nah im alright
3,871 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (6)
December 14 2010 2:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
man tyson in his prime/if he had a ground game. good fucking night.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 14 2010 2:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mike Tyson in his prime with 4 oz gloves is the scariest thing I can think of.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 14 2010 2:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
That would be after Pride 32, right? Definitely way past Tyson in his prime, but he would still destroy any MMA fighter in a boxing match if he was in decent shape.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› MMA general discussion thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: MMA general discussion thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?