I really think your picking up weirdos.

who me???
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,589 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (13)
February 21 2011 7:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
is there anyone who doesnt block this marquis de sade prick?
sherman
shermz
15,401 Posts
34/F/NA

offline   (7)
February 21 2011 7:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Maybe I'm a weird one but I think I would prefer a guy who didn't drink or rarely did. I drink about once every two weeks and that's enough for me. Sometimes I'll get drunk (drunk for me is around 4 drinks) or have 1 drink. Sure, I go to bars and parties with friends but I just don't find drinking my face off appealing anymore. My advice to you is pick a different type of chick and PICK THE DATE LOCATION! Then you have the chance to decide if there will be drinking involved.
J LANSDALE
is wesleygibson
17,661 Posts
68/M/PA

offline   (10)
February 21 2011 7:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Davey.

is there anyone who doesnt block this marquis de sade prick?

why would they??? I'm J Fuckin Lansdale dammit!!!
smorgasgeorge
-
20,880 Posts
35/M/CA

offline     (9)
February 21 2011 8:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Pick up girls at AA meetings.
J LANSDALE
is wesleygibson
17,661 Posts
68/M/PA

offline   (10)
February 21 2011 8:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: smorgasgeorge

Pick up girls at AA meetings.

some real lookers at those meetings
Jess.
wiener breath
38,777 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (11)
February 21 2011 8:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wouldn't have an issue at all dating a guy that didn't drink (I did...until he broke edge lol sorry guys) as long as they didn't have an issue with the fact I do.

As far as drugs, pot, etc. I don't think I could really date a guy that was frequent into that. Since graduating college, one of my rules has been that a guy I date should be able to pass a drug test (hypothetically of course, I'm not actually testing anyone).
J LANSDALE
is wesleygibson
17,661 Posts
68/M/PA

offline   (10)
February 21 2011 8:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Jess.

I wouldn't have an issue at all dating a guy that didn't drink (I did...until he broke edge lol sorry guys) as long as they didn't have an issue with the fact I do.

As far as drugs, pot, etc. I don't think I could really date a guy that was frequent into that. Since graduating college, one of my rules has been that a guy I date should be able to pass a drug test (hypothetically of course, I'm not actually testing anyone).

i can pass a drug test jess
Bonsai
lol
5,293 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (10)
February 21 2011 9:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Why is there a period between her agreeing to hang out and deciding what to do? Don't leave it up to her to make suggestions. Have a plan or two in mind before you ask. Try activities/locations where alcohol is not a factor, or do a quick lunch or coffee first date.

I don't really drink (I'll have a dozen drinks in a year tops, usually less... and never more than 2 drinks in a day) and tend to date guys who never or rarely drink... but even on dates with boozehounds, my not drinking has never been a dealbreaker. Some guys will bust my balls about it a little or try to talk me into "just one drink... c'monnnn!" But I don't make a big deal of it, and they eventually drop it. I also tell dudes that I don't do bars if they suggest one, and that's never a problem either.

Part of it may be that you're asking out broads who are immature or have screwy priorities, but you're also not really setting yourself up for success. If you had 2 or 3 solid dates before they found out you don't drink, you might see a different reaction.
asking_for_it
Dave B. #2
4,663 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (15)
February 21 2011 10:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
find and date a girl whose got her shit together. a girl who is over the whole 'i'm 21 i need to get shit-faced and dance every night because i'm legally allowed to' and has a regular 9-5 job, her own car, and her own place.

i don't drink either and have never had too many problems finding solid chicks who weren't slobs and were worth my time. sounds like you've just hit a patch of bad luck. it happens. there's plenty of awesome girls out there who can meet your standards.
Walktheblock
I Saw The Apeman
4,345 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (3)
February 21 2011 10:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I definitely get more social when i drink, and the last couple dates I was on happened because I had been drinking at the time when I smooth talked my way into a date/getting a phone number. Only thing is these chicks ended up being kinda lame and I never went out with any of them more than 2 or 3 times.
Metal til Im sixty
listen to neurosis
10,733 Posts
34/M/VA

offline   (10)
February 22 2011 1:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Perhaps I should explain myself more completely. Most of the girls I have asked out in regards to this particular scenario have been roughly my age (between 24-27) and we're not girls that I knew extremely well (friends of friends, girls that I worked with, etc...). Most of them were not what I would consider to be incessant party people or full blown alcoholics and I would argue that they, for the most part, had their shit together from what I could tell.

Needless to say, I'm not going after slutty 21 year old college juniors who are just trying to get smashed or I could have answered this question myself.

Further, on some of these I have tried to put forward a different plan that would not involve drinking and for one reason or another they wouldn't be into it.

Originally posted by: Bonsai

Why is there a period between her agreeing to hang out and deciding what to do?

I might have worded this wrong, it's more of a her agreeing to hang out, wanting to go out for drinks, we set a date for it, and at some point when we converse before the set date she would find out and back out (this is one case in particular, the rest have been more right off the bat.)

I mean, it all comes down to I'm obviously not asking out the right type of girl, but as I've said before I feel like I'm varying it up to avoid these pitfalls but it all seems to come back to that. I don't know, it's an odd situation.

Originally posted by: Dan Conner

Ask out girls who don't drink. Problem solved.

Also, I literally don't know any girls on a personal level who don't drink.

Originally posted by: InTheButtLikeWhat

why don't you drink? just curious.

It never really appealed to me. I tried it when I was in high school, didn't like how any of it tasted and/or how it made me feel so I didn't do it again. That's about it. No moral crusade here.
Fungis
Dean Milenko
994 Posts
33/M/VA

offline   (5)
February 22 2011 2:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
It sounds like you don't have much fun trying to find dates. Whether it's drinking, smoking, or the megan fox's you see when you're getting gas, you're never going to find someone you like if you're not enthusiastic and confident about it. People drink to loosen up and suppress any worrying when trying to get someones attention. Like everyone said, find people who are into the same things as you..don't drink. But...the taste and how it made you feel in hs? Damn man you really need to get drunk and have fun...lol
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (14)
February 22 2011 9:22 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
It is common courtesy to be polite about smoking pot around non pot smokers and at least ask if they mind you smoking around them and to be respectful if they do.

Any girl that wouldn't give you that courtesy or that would mind that you don't drink would make a poor girlfriend.
forum Love, Sex, and Romance ›› Drinking and dating. ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Drinking and dating.

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?