I got a Monster brand one, and I personally can see a difference

lmfao
Fungis
Dean Milenko
994 Posts
33/M/VA

offline   (5)
April 28 2011 5:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There's a difference, but it also depends on your tv. If it's a cheap tv, I wouldn't blow too much on an HDMI cable. Make sure it's at least gold plated at the ends, otherwise you lose some of the signal which I've seen with just fading across the screen. When using it on a blu ray player, the speed of the cable makes a difference too. I sell tv's and over the years have seen a difference, usually subtle though. Also cheap cables tend to wear out, so that's good advice from Brian.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
46/M/PA

offline   (11)
April 28 2011 5:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
someone delete this fucking asshole
brian.
new cocks
146,083 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
April 28 2011 7:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: MeesterFungi

There's a difference, but it also depends on your tv. If it's a cheap tv, I wouldn't blow too much on an HDMI cable. Make sure it's at least gold plated at the ends, otherwise you lose some of the signal which I've seen with just fading across the screen. When using it on a blu ray player, the speed of the cable makes a difference too. I sell tv's and over the years have seen a difference, usually subtle though. Also cheap cables tend to wear out, so that's good advice from Brian.

digital. ones and zeroes are being sent. there's no loss of signal - either the data is transferred or it isn't, there's no middle ground. either a cable doesn't work at all or it works perfectly. gold doesnt connect 1's and 0's any better than anything else does.

the issues that might arise from cheap cables are the connectors coming apart and wires fraying due to that. until the cable physically breaks, it's as good as any other available cable.
Sandy Dickhands
RAPE FACE
15,341 Posts
38/M/VA

offline   (2)
April 28 2011 7:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brian.

Originally posted by: MeesterFungi

digital. ones and zeroes are being sent. there's no loss of signal - either the data is transferred or it isn't, there's no middle ground. either a cable doesn't work at all or it works perfectly. gold doesnt connect 1's and 0's any better than anything else does.

the issues that might arise from cheap cables are the connectors coming apart and wires fraying due to that. until the cable physically breaks, it's as good as any other available cable.

owned
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
46/M/PA

offline   (11)
April 28 2011 7:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
dont forget guys, the speed of the digital cable matters
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
46/M/PA

offline   (11)
April 28 2011 7:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
well i guess mr fungi is correct, but fuckin delete him anyway

cables will be referred to by their performance characteristics. Official designations will be High Speed with Ethernet (incorporates all the specifications outlined in version 1.4), High Speed (equivalent to version 1.3, category 2), Standard Speed with Ethernet (equivalent to 1.3, category 1 as well as all version prior to 1.3 with the addition of the Ethernet channel). Standard Speed (equivalent to version 1.3, category 1 as well as all versions prior to 1.3 without an Ethernet channel). Please note, that a High Speed cables essentially delivers all the performance enhancements promised by 1.4 except Ethernet. So unless you have a devices that specifically needs Ethernet over HDMI capability, any HDMI 1.3, category 2 cable you purchased previously will not need to be replaced.
Walktheblock
I Saw The Apeman
4,345 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (3)
April 28 2011 7:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Every HDMI 1.4 cable is the same as every single other one. They're just updated versions of the HDMI interface. It's kinda like the difference between USB 1.0 and USB 2.0
Pb609
Web Bitch
33,523 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline  mobile reply     (35)
April 28 2011 7:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Wesley F Gibson

i paid $3 for a 6 ft hdmi cable from monoprice lol

This. And when you buy more they get even cheaper. No lie, like 3.23 or something is what I paid for mine. Brand new Samsung LCD tv, perfectly clear picture.
brian.
new cocks
146,083 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
April 28 2011 7:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

cables will be referred to by their performance characteristics. Official designations will be High Speed with Ethernet (incorporates all the specifications outlined in version 1.4), High Speed (equivalent to version 1.3, category 2), Standard Speed with Ethernet (equivalent to 1.3, category 1 as well as all version prior to 1.3 with the addition of the Ethernet channel). Standard Speed (equivalent to version 1.3, category 1 as well as all versions prior to 1.3 without an Ethernet channel). Please note, that a High Speed cables essentially delivers all the performance enhancements promised by 1.4 except Ethernet. So unless you have a devices that specifically needs Ethernet over HDMI capability, any HDMI 1.3, category 2 cable you purchased previously will not need to be replaced.

hes not wrong about performance differences - there are different versions of HDMI, just like there are of USB and such, as you stated. the rest is wrong.
ChoadM111
3,445 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (6)
April 28 2011 7:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
just use rj11. it will solve all of your problems
Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
23,565 Posts
41/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
April 28 2011 7:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: GibsonM111

just use rj11. it will solve all of your problems

I lol
Sandy Dickhands
RAPE FACE
15,341 Posts
38/M/VA

offline   (2)
April 28 2011 7:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
cat5
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
46/M/PA

offline   (11)
April 28 2011 7:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brian.

hes not wrong about performance differences - there are different versions of HDMI, just like there are of USB and such, as you stated. the rest is wrong.

he's still gay. ill paypal you 10 dollars to delete him
forum Dorks R Us ›› HDMI Cables ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: HDMI Cables

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band