forum Sports Talk ›› i know that philly has no relevant college football team ›› new reply Post Reply
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
November 7 2011 9:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
they have a better shot of getting to the title in the big east, but that's assuming they can replace kellen moore. dude is incredible.
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,328 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (17)
November 7 2011 1:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Boise State to the Big East makes little to no sense on so many levels but whatever floats their boat. good luck with those travel costs.
mrdtb123
crack skat
1,880 Posts
30/M/SC

offline  mobile reply   (2)
November 7 2011 1:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
My state doesn't have an NFL team, so college is all we care about.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
47/M/PA

offline   (11)
November 7 2011 1:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
same
blackeyes
100%
47,277 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
November 7 2011 3:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

they have a better shot of getting to the title in the big east, but that's assuming they can replace kellen moore. dude is incredible.

that's also assuming the Big East doesn't lose BCS status
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
November 7 2011 3:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
big east is JV
blackeyes
100%
47,277 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
November 7 2011 4:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I feel for the basketball side of the conference though
Matthaeus
Just the tip?
773 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 8 2011 1:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: mrdtb123

My state doesn't have an NFL team, so college is all we care about.

panthers are close enough
InTheButtLikeWhat
get low
12,901 Posts
36/F/CA

offline   (6)
November 8 2011 1:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
my grandparents used to love penn state. they'd set up 2 tvs in their living room to watch penn state games and whatever other sports event that was going on.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
November 8 2011 4:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
as a WVU fan, i can not fucking wait to get the fuck out of the big east. I would really, really have loved to see them go to the ACC so they could pick back up the rivalry with virginia tech, finally be in the same conference as maryland, keep playing pitt and get to play miami again, not to mention the fact that every single game would be within driving distance, but ultimately, the big 12 is arguably right up there with the SEC in terms of best college football conferences. getting to see texas, oklahoma, oklahoma state, texas tech, TCU, kansas state etc. come to morgantown every other year will be amazing. plus, with WVU making literally 3 and a half times what they made in the big east concerning TV revenue, i wont have to worry about holgorsen bolting for texas once mac brown retires because the second some formerly-great, traditional power comes knocking on his door saying some shit like "hey dana golgyholgz, come coach here and we'll pay you $3million a year" he can just say "naw, WVU is paying me 3 and a half and i can stay for as long as i want, fuck you lolz."

our defense really has shit the bed this season. it's pretty weird to think that, even if we still would have lost to LSU, had that been our only loss at this point, we'd be a top 10 team and would have an outside shot at playing for a bcs title right now. at any rate, though, the defense should be fucking awesome next year because so many underclassmen are getting valuable experience and playing time right now, so i expect to contend immediately for the big 12 championship. oklahoma state's entire offense will be in the NFL, same goes for oklahoma, and texas will be in year two of about a five year rebuilding cycle. shit's gonna be insane next year, i just really hope that they go ahead and add louisville, at least, and either cincy or south florida so all our fans don't have to drive for 35 hours to go to our closest game.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
November 8 2011 4:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
who am i kidding? nobody gives a shit about wvu.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
November 8 2011 4:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
jesus christ that's a lot of words.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
November 8 2011 4:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i really hope the big east lands on its feet. if they add boise state, houston, ucf and smu, they woould be better as a football conference than they are right now. i hope they add ECU too, those poor bastards have been begging to get into the big east forever.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
November 8 2011 9:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: 3,000 piece McNugget

as a WVU fan, i can not fucking wait to get the fuck out of the big east. I would really, really have loved to see them go to the ACC so they could pick back up the rivalry with virginia tech, finally be in the same conference as maryland, keep playing pitt and get to play miami again, not to mention the fact that every single game would be within driving distance, but ultimately, the big 12 is arguably right up there with the SEC in terms of best college football conferences. getting to see texas, oklahoma, oklahoma state, texas tech, TCU, kansas state etc. come to morgantown every other year will be amazing. plus, with WVU making literally 3 and a half times what they made in the big east concerning TV revenue, i wont have to worry about holgorsen bolting for texas once mac brown retires because the second some formerly-great, traditional power comes knocking on his door saying some shit like "hey dana golgyholgz, come coach here and we'll pay you $3million a year" he can just say "naw, WVU is paying me 3 and a half and i can stay for as long as i want, fuck you lolz."

our defense really has shit the bed this season. it's pretty weird to think that, even if we still would have lost to LSU, had that been our only loss at this point, we'd be a top 10 team and would have an outside shot at playing for a bcs title right now. at any rate, though, the defense should be fucking awesome next year because so many underclassmen are getting valuable experience and playing time right now, so i expect to contend immediately for the big 12 championship. oklahoma state's entire offense will be in the NFL, same goes for oklahoma, and texas will be in year two of about a five year rebuilding cycle. shit's gonna be insane next year, i just really hope that they go ahead and add louisville, at least, and either cincy or south florida so all our fans don't have to drive for 35 hours to go to our closest game.

Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
November 8 2011 7:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

forum Sports Talk ›› i know that philly has no relevant college footbal... ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: i know that philly has no relevant college football team

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?