forum Politics and Society ›› Half of world's animals gone since 1970 ›› new reply Post Reply
Dianana
8====D
66,505 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
February 17 2015 3:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well, it all depends on who you're eating. Is it a white woman named Amanda or a 14 year old black prostitute?
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
February 17 2015 3:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol.

crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
February 17 2015 5:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: tom.

men are above animals. that doesn't mean i go around kicking dogs in the face.
properly instruct men, and they will properly care for the animals.

i swear, some of you have the worst opinions of me.

Men are above animals? Says who? Oh yeah... men. Not biased or self-serving at all!
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
February 17 2015 6:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
hey man, you can be filled with all the guilt and self-hatred you want, but the day we start locking up lions for lion-on-lion crime, i'll start placing animal rights next to human rights and accountability.
it's just not there.
it doesn't mean i don't give a fuck about animals. it just means that they're a little bit below us.
i eat chicken. i squash spiders. i probably just ended 5 bug lives today walking out of my house.
and so did you, you hypocritical asshole.

(lol i'm just playing around. don't be mad.)
xceptoilfree
support our troops
76 Posts
35/M/CA

February 17 2015 6:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
my daddy told me animals don't have souls and cant get into heaven with jesus anyways.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 18 2015 8:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

hey man, you can be filled with all the guilt and self-hatred you want, but the day we start locking up lions for lion-on-lion crime, i'll start placing animal rights next to human rights and accountability.
it's just not there.
it doesn't mean i don't give a fuck about animals. it just means that they're a little bit below us.
i eat chicken. i squash spiders. i probably just ended 5 bug lives today walking out of my house.

I have zero self hatred. I value all life equally. It's unfortunate that there is a very large population that would only care about the extinction of cows because it would mean there was no more steak to eat. Your outlook based solely on your comments here and in that other animal thread, put you closer to that end of the spectrum than anywhere near mine.
Dianana
8====D
66,505 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
February 18 2015 9:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

it's just not there.

This isn't about being at the top of the food chain or having bigger brains.

Read up on the problem with bees. We NEED them. We fucking need jerkoff mosquitoes, too. I'm sure if all animals had the brain function to vocalize, they'd call us fucking assholes. In fact, some parrots can and do.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 18 2015 10:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
That's another thing. Allowing one species to be wiped off the earth can domino effect into other species going extinct as well. Eventually, not in our lifetime, it will catch up to humans.
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
February 18 2015 10:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
why am i being lumped in with poachers and whatnot?
i was only addressing the claim that humans and animals are equal when just no one holds that standard or ever has.
i understand dwindling bee population. i understand the value of life.
i didn't post anywhere "fuck animals. i don't care. i'm glad half of them are gone since 1970."
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
February 18 2015 11:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

it's just not there.

I have zero self hatred. I value all life equally. It's unfortunate that there is a very large population that would only care about the extinction of cows because it would mean there was no more steak to eat. Your outlook based solely on your comments here and in that other animal thread, put you closer to that end of the spectrum than anywhere near mine.

i don't think anyone that washes their hands, breathes air, or eats vegetables can make the exclusive claim, "i value all life equally." why would i only care about the extinction of cows? your comments here suggest that you really don't think highly of me at all.
Dianana
8====D
66,505 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
February 18 2015 11:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

why am i being lumped in with poachers and whatnot?
i was only addressing the claim that humans and animals are equal when just no one holds that standard or ever has.
i understand dwindling bee population. i understand the value of life.
i didn't post anywhere "fuck animals. i don't care. i'm glad half of them are gone since 1970."

I wasn't lumping you in with poachers or think you said "fuck animals." I'm not sure how you read it that way. I didn't think the conversation was that serious or heated. You think humans are more important than animals (which I understand) and I think we are all important when it comes to the world and how it functions. And since we are the ones with the biggest brains, we have a responsibility to appreciate and care about all living creatures. This isn't about PETA VEGANXPOWER animal rights either. It's about respecting the way shit works and not fucking it up.
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
February 18 2015 11:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i was referring back to john saying, "I guess I should expect you to not really care about the mass extinction of animals because of that recently bumped "just not an animal person" thread."
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 18 2015 11:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Having disagreeing viewpoints on a topic doesn't indicate how I feel about you as a person. If I really felt that low about you, you wouldn't have been asked to perform the song for my first dance with my wife at my wedding reception. You tend to jump right to that conclusion when you are the loner in a debate. ILU, Mr. Flott, we're just having a discussion here.

Back on subject though. I personally think the view of "Man is greater than Animals" as a definitive statement is too nearsighted. It's unfortunate that this is the popular train of thought though. I obviously never lumped you in with poachers and "what not" but you haven't given one statement that indicates that you have a legitimate concern about the extinction of half of the world's animals in the last 40 years other than saying "why would you think this way?"

And yes, there are hundreds of thousands of people that feel that humans and animals are equal in terms of value. I would think the number of moral vegetarians and vegans would be all the proof you need. As for the whole "what about the plants?" argument, I didn't realize we were back in high school.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 18 2015 11:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

i was referring back to john saying, "I guess I should expect you to not really care about the mass extinction of animals because of that recently bumped "just not an animal person" thread."

I re-read that whole thing and you couldn't understand how people would put animals on the same level as other people. Like it's a concept that is beyond your understanding. I get why people eat meat even though it's against my beliefs.
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
February 18 2015 12:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
you said that you value all life equally. that's why i mention plants, germs, etc.
i just don't find that claim to be true. same with the claim that anyone puts animals on the same level as other people. the accountability isn't there. it's not beyond my understanding, i just don't agree that it's a true statement.
forum Politics and Society ›› Half of world's animals gone since 1970 ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Half of world's animals gone since 1970

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?