forum Politics and Society ›› Half of world's animals gone since 1970 ›› new reply Post Reply
Rats in the walls
crush, kill, destr
1,170 Posts
34/M/NY

offline   (1)
February 29 2016 8:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Rats in the walls
crush, kill, destr
1,170 Posts
34/M/NY

offline   (1)
March 28 2016 8:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Post-mortem on thirteen dead sperm whales finds their stomachs full of plastic

In January, 29 sperm whales stranded on shores around the North Sea. The results of the necropsies (the animal equivalent of autopsies) of 13 of those whales, which beached in Germany, near the town of Tönning in Schleswig-Holstein, have just been released. The animals’ stomachs were filled with plastic debris. A 13-metre-long fishing net, a 70cm piece of plastic from a car and other pieces of plastic litter had been inadvertently ingested by the animals, who may have thought they were food, such as squid, their main diet, which they consume by sucking their prey into their mouths.

Robert Habeck, environment minister for the state of Schleswig-Holstein, said: “These findings show us the results of our plastic-oriented society. Animals inadvertently consume plastic and plastic waste, which causes them to suffer, and at worst, causes them to starve with full stomachs.” Nicola Hodgins, of Whale and Dolphin Conservation, added: “Although the large pieces will cause obvious problems and block the gut, we shouldn’t dismiss the smaller bits that could cause a more chronic problem for all species of cetacean – not just those who suction feed.”
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
46/M/PA

offline   (11)
March 28 2016 11:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
fucka u dorphin and fucka u whare
Rats in the walls
crush, kill, destr
1,170 Posts
34/M/NY

offline   (1)
March 30 2016 10:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
March 30 2016 10:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Rats in the walls

Post-mortem on thirteen dead sperm whales finds their stomachs full of plastic

In January, 29 sperm whales stranded on shores around the North Sea. The results of the necropsies (the animal equivalent of autopsies) of 13 of those whales, which beached in Germany, near the town of Tönning in Schleswig-Holstein, have just been released. The animals’ stomachs were filled with plastic debris. A 13-metre-long fishing net, a 70cm piece of plastic from a car and other pieces of plastic litter had been inadvertently ingested by the animals, who may have thought they were food, such as squid, their main diet, which they consume by sucking their prey into their mouths.

Robert Habeck, environment minister for the state of Schleswig-Holstein, said: “These findings show us the results of our plastic-oriented society. Animals inadvertently consume plastic and plastic waste, which causes them to suffer, and at worst, causes them to starve with full stomachs.” Nicola Hodgins, of Whale and Dolphin Conservation, added: “Although the large pieces will cause obvious problems and block the gut, we shouldn’t dismiss the smaller bits that could cause a more chronic problem for all species of cetacean – not just those who suction feed.”

This is why I do everything I can to either avoid plastic or at minimum recycle it. I'm glad there are shops and even areas that have banned plastic bags. It's not a total overhaul but it's a start.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
March 30 2016 1:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Not enough of those animals gone since 1970 were humans.
Rats in the walls
crush, kill, destr
1,170 Posts
34/M/NY

offline   (1)
April 6 2016 12:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Rare Sumatran rhino, once believed to be extinct, dies in captivity just weeks after being discovered

A rare Sumatran rhinoceros has died in Indonesia, less than a month after its discovery and capture were hailed as an enormous conservation success for a species long believed to be extinct in the region. The female rhino died from a leg infection, Indonesian environment officials told Agence France-Presse.

Rats in the walls
crush, kill, destr
1,170 Posts
34/M/NY

offline   (1)
April 11 2016 10:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Lament Configuration
your mistake
648 Posts
40/M/NA

offline   (1)
May 31 2016 10:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

"As a society we are quick to judge how a parent could take their eyes off of their child and if anyone knows me I keep a tight watch on my kids,” a woman named Michelle Gregg wrote in a Facebook post reported by People. In the post, which the magazine said has since been deleted, Gregg identified herself as the mother of the toddler."

What a cow.also mother of the year.

footage shows gorilla protecting boy and holding his hand before being shot dead
click here for link

What did happen, innocent animal gets killed, what should happen, woman should get child taken away and zoo should lose its license and be forced to relocate inmates to facilities that aren't too retarded to manage them or at least know the difference between a 500 pound vegetarian primate and King Kong.

Also fuck jack Hanna for defending the zoo killing it. Dude has sucked since before wild kingdom.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
May 31 2016 4:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
One of the main reasons I do not have children or much want them is because I believe it is such a serious and important task to raise children. One I do not feel I want to do. I'm not sure I would be able to do it the way I think it should be done.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
46/M/PA

offline   (11)
May 31 2016 4:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
same. also because im gay too
tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,188 Posts
28/M/WI

offline  mobile reply     (5)
June 1 2016 12:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
half of all animals gay
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
46/M/PA

offline   (11)
June 10 2016 8:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol
Rats in the walls
crush, kill, destr
1,170 Posts
34/M/NY

offline   (1)
June 19 2016 10:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
no surprise, but the people who defend them have been increasingly getting killed as well

Deadliest year ever for environmental activism

More than three people were killed each week on average in 2015 trying to protect the environment from industrial activities, according to a new report published Monday (June 20, 2016).

The 185 reported deaths worldwide last year represents a 59 percent increase from 2014. The deadliest countries for environmental activists were Brazil, the Philippines and Columbia, with 50, 33 and 26 deaths respectively.

Almost all of the deaths were the result of people trying to defend their land from extractors of commodities such as mining, timber and palm oil.

Billy Kyte, a campaigner with Global Witness - the organization that compiled the report - says the rise is due to increasing demand for raw materials worldwide. As commodity prices fall, companies are taking greater risks to secure larger profits, encroaching into ever more remote areas that were previously out of reach - with cooperation of governments.

"More and more countries are encroaching on previously untouched areas rich in resources," Kyte told DW. "Projects are being increasingly built on contested land, much of it where indigenous communities reside."

Indigenous people made up almost 40 percent of victims last year, according to the group's figures.

Much of the extractive activity is illegal, Kyte says, done by companies who hire paramilitary groups to drive out indigenous populations. Those who resist, or who organize demonstratons against the activity, can become targets.

"The majority of these people are just ordinary citizens who become activists because they hear a chainsaw in their forest, and they ask questions about who's doing this," says Kyte.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
June 20 2016 10:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I fucking hate humanity sometimes.
forum Politics and Society ›› Half of world's animals gone since 1970 ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Half of world's animals gone since 1970

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?