forum General Crabbery ›› Monday: Daylight Savings Time Edition ›› new reply Post Reply
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,084 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (5)
March 11 2019 1:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Today I had to call the NRA customer service line for my membership number. It was one of the most awkward/painful customer service experiences ever.

Right after they verify who I am, the guy immediately tries to sell me on a $600 lifetime membership. I tell him I'm ok. Then I get the info I needed and the guy goes into a spiel about the evil Nancy Pelosi and tells me that they need me to make an emergency $50 contribution. I say nah, he says how about $25. I say I haven’t even gotten my membership card yet and you’re already hitting me up for more money?! He goes “well $15 would still be helpful to the cause” and then I just said thanks and hung up

What a scam.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,770 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
March 11 2019 1:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
because I don't own a gun or know otherwise....what is the purpose of being a member of the NRA? You don't have to as a legal gun owner correct?
Kev_in
One falls off
4,322 Posts
38/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (6)
March 11 2019 1:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

Jim Jefferies used to be funny....he went totally pc now though

I know right? Can’t a guy just get on stage and be racist again?
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,084 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (5)
March 11 2019 2:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

because I don't own a gun or know otherwise....what is the purpose of being a member of the NRA? You don't have to as a legal gun owner correct?

There is no legal requirement or anything. Its just a guns right/educational organization. The club I joined requires membership due to some insurance program they utilize through the NRA.

The organization itself, you mostly hear about the fear mongering lobbying side of the house, but in reality, they do a lot of really good educational stuff too.

I wouldn't join it though if I didn't have to.
homusmomus673
Master Baiter
543 Posts
8/M/PA

online   (1)
March 11 2019 2:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I love guns, but I hate the NRA. Granted I know only what the media tells me, but any kind of Washington Lobby bulllshit, I am just not into. Even things that have to do with weed like that, Like NORML or any of those kinds of organizations. ... and I love weed more than guns....

Just let me live in the hood with all the weed and guns I want, pretty much how I see it.

Whatever.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,770 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
March 11 2019 2:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kev_in

Jim Jefferies used to be funny....he went totally pc now though

I know right? Can’t a guy just get on stage and be racist again?

what??

apparently you never saw his old stuff
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
38,996 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
March 11 2019 2:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: homusmomus673

I love guns, but I hate the NRA. Granted I know only what the media tells me, but any kind of Washington Lobby bulllshit, I am just not into. Even things that have to do with weed like that, Like NORML or any of those kinds of organizations. ... and I love weed more than guns....

Just let me live in the hood with all the weed and guns I want, pretty much how I see it.

Whatever.

I would probably stop posting about your drug use and gun ownership here. You get busted with both in the same location and you will be taking a long vacation upstate.
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,084 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (5)
March 11 2019 2:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
When did you become the internets dad? Jeeeeez.
homusmomus673
Master Baiter
543 Posts
8/M/PA

online   (1)
March 11 2019 2:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: XWHISKEYX

Originally posted by: homusmomus673

Whatever.

I would probably stop posting about your drug use and gun ownership here. You get busted with both in the same location and you will be taking a long vacation upstate.

I'll be alright.
Kev_in
One falls off
4,322 Posts
38/M/PA

March 11 2019 2:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

what??

Not true. I’m a fan of all his material
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,770 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
March 11 2019 3:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kev_in

what??

Not true. I’m a fan of all his material

I just don't recall a lot of this older stuff having to do with race.....that's why I'm questioning.

you think his comedy is as good as when he started getting big? around the time his Legit show came out?
homusmomus673
Master Baiter
543 Posts
8/M/PA

online   (1)
March 11 2019 3:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Stand up comedy fucking sucks. I'd rather just listen to comedians talk to each other on podcasts instead honestly.
Kev_in
One falls off
4,322 Posts
38/M/PA

March 11 2019 3:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yes. One of my favorite bits is the bill cosby thing.
homusmomus673
Master Baiter
543 Posts
8/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (1)
March 11 2019 3:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I’ve given my home address out to multiple people on the internet for years to come and fight me..... no ones ever have. Just a random thought I had.
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,084 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (5)
March 11 2019 4:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Todays observation: whoever told hardcore kids that they need to pose with one hand over the other at your waist in 99% of photos was a jerk.

AKA This pose:

forum General Crabbery ›› Monday: Daylight Savings Time Edition ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Monday: Daylight Savings Time Edition

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?