all threads All Threads ›› Infidelity ›› new reply Post Reply
Man is Truth
sleeps on hills
5,530 Posts
43/M/NJ

offline   (11)
April 21 2005 9:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Nah "gadfly" doesn't sound annoying- "something Hera would dispatch to buzz in someone's ear" does though.

Oh and still being gay- good one.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
April 21 2005 12:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
^... and yet... that is pretty much what being a gadfly really means.

"Something Hera would dispatch to buzz in someone's ear" does sound so much annoying, as pretentious and idiotic.

"Oh and still being gay- good one."

If your statements themselves didn't convince me you really have nothing to say worth hearing, your insults have removed all doubt.
Didymos
Time Husk
3,854 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 21 2005 3:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Bah. Why must these conversations always degenerate into petty bickering between the two of you?

You're not getting a divorce, are you? It's all my fault.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
April 21 2005 4:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
^sigh... you're right.. Its all my fault. I just haven't been satisfying Imperials needs lately... too much stress at the office, and since we had the last kid... well.. I just don't find him attractive anymore. There... I said it! But I still love him...
christine f.
30seconds over tok
818 Posts
36/F/NA

offline   (3)
April 22 2005 7:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Shogun Assassin

Last night I was forced to endure the movie Closer by my girlfriend, who was told that it was outstanding. I personally found it to be repugnant on many levels, and found myself disgusted and incensed by virtually everything found therein. The movie's premise centers on the disloyalty and infidelity by all parties in a foursome with one another. One couple is married, but cheat with members of the opposite sex from the same couple. As this occurs, the protagonists excuse their behavior because they claim that love drove them to do these thing, which I think is utter rubbish. Everyone involved in such a sordid scheme in real life should be shot, in my humble opinion. I realize that humans have been unfaithful since the dawn of time, but I feel we should hold ourselves to a higher standard and strive for perfection- this movie portrayed man as weak, ignoble, unfaithful, disloyal, dishonest, and generally unscrupulous. This is disgraceful. Unless the movie was shot for the express purpose of showing how not to conduct your life, I feel that the aims of the movie were pathetic, as it validates man's baser instincts. Am I alone in my thinking here? Should people just do whatever they want, or should men act like men and strive for nobilty and just action?

what the fuck are you pussies watching 'closer' for anyway? has anyone seen zatoichi; the blind master' yet? awesome flick. that's how i want to go out; blind, gambling, and killing all the scum 5 at a time around me with a samuri sword.

sex doesn't matter. everyone should be sterilized anyway. more than enough orphans for her "hobby." personal betrayal has nothing to do with sex. someone can fuck everyone in the building and not give you over to the cops or make fun of you when it's all falling apart, and another person can be all holy and faithful but the first to sell you down the river to your next door neighbor, or the first person with a beter gig.
i guess it's what version of 'house' you're playing with them at the time. 'learn to be alone and you will find strength.' that's a quote from 'zatoichi; the blind master'.
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
April 25 2005 11:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:christine f.

what the fuck are you pussies watching 'closer' for anyway? has anyone seen zatoichi; the blind master' yet? awesome flick. that's how i want to go out; blind, gambling, and killing all the scum 5 at a time around me with a samuri sword.

Saw it. It was alright, though that wierd ass dance at the end kind of left a sour taste in my mouth.

xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
April 25 2005 11:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:JohnnyV

If hed have smacked her up, I think he had a pretty decent line of thought going the rest of the book. As to monogamy, having had sex with girls for whom I cared, and with girls that i just wanted to deposit my load somewhere upon their person, I feel a definite difference in whats going on there.

I'll agree with you there. His premise was great, but the conclusion was somewhat flawed.
christine f.
30seconds over tok
818 Posts
36/F/NA

offline   (3)
April 25 2005 11:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Shogun Assassin

Originally posted by:christine f.

Saw it. It was alright, though that wierd ass dance at the end kind of left a sour taste in my mouth.

agreed. i usually tell people to fast forward through that part; plus it looks funny at a faster speed. and the movie does have a lot of downtime in general, but i just like the concept; there are a bunch of blind master movies and i like most of them.
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
April 25 2005 1:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm more partial to the lone wolf and cub series, myself.
all threads All Threads ›› Infidelity ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Infidelity

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?