all threads All Threads ›› International Fight League ›› new reply Post Reply
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,205 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
April 4 2006 10:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:xBrutalizerx

I love the Wanderlei vs. tomato can fights, haha. Comedy at it's height. As for Wanderlei's issues with good fighters, I think his problem with Arona is pace, and he can't get distance to strike, crocop outweighed him by a considerable amount, and he killed Saku multiple times. Look at Wanderlei v Rampage- he killed him, and Rampage beat the UFC's golden boy, Liddell.

Fedor's a beast, and has beaten all comers, though Zulu was just for fun.

didnt liddells corner throw in the towel?
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
43/M/NJ

offline   (5)
April 4 2006 12:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
"sweep the leg johnny"
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 5 2006 4:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
liddell fought that fight with a torn groin muscle. watch his stance and movement throughout that fight and compare it to other fights...he wasn't physically ready for that fight. from the looks of it Rampage is going to be in the UFC before the end of the year and i will put the house on it that Liddell knocks him out before the end of round 2.
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
April 5 2006 4:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Interesting prediction. I hadn't heard about the torn groin. I think Liddell will take a beating once more.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 5 2006 6:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
since the fight Rampage has gone downhill and Liddell has been unstoppable. Rampage is having trouble stopping people while Liddell is knocking out once un-knockoutable people in early rounds.

There is no way now Rampage could take Liddell in a stand up fight. He would have to take it to the ground. But there in lies a problem almost as big as liddell's right hand. Taking and keeping Chuck Liddell down is one of the hardest things in mma now. Randy Couture was the king of taking people down and then pounding on him. Now granted in Liddell/Couture 1, Couture did whatever he wanted to Liddell...but look at the 2nd and 3rd fight. In the 2nd he wasn't taken down once...In the 3rd Couture managed to take him down once and within 5 seconds Liddell was standing again. Jeremy Horn is a master of the ground game and couldn't do shit with Liddell. Tito Ortiz is almost as good if not as good as Couture with taking a person down and controlling them. That fight didn't go anywhere Tito wanted.

Rampage is not as good as any of the above 3 in the ground game. So we can pretty much eliminate him taking Chuck down and controlling him. So that brings him back to having to resort to standup...and you have to agree that Liddell is probably the best light heavyweight striker right now (granted we don't have the answer of Liddell vs Silva and probably never will).

Jackson is also having trouble in the later rounds. He did win his last match but he was dying at the end of the match. If i just saw the moments after the bell rang i would have guessed the other guy won. Liddell has been training to go to the late rounds. He was prepared to go 4 rounds with Couture in the 2nd fight because he said he was dying going into the second. So thats another advantage Liddell has.
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
April 6 2006 12:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Dude, no way. minowa's giving up around 40 lbs to crocop. KO by high kick 1st round.

As for Chuck, I agree he's hard to take down with shots, but Rampage really only throws, so he might be able to take Chuck down, though holding him down is a different story. It'll be an interesting fight.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 6 2006 1:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
as much as i like minowa he is going to get killed in that fight.
all threads All Threads ›› International Fight League ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: International Fight League

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?