new cocks
146,088 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
June 29 2008 12:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Jess.

Originally posted by:miss laura

Originally posted by: fire sale

Haha, I'm the exact opposite. I leave NYC totally refreshed by how much more logically public transportation runs than in my area. Then again, I can't relax in the suburbs at all - my comfort zone is one of the densest parts of DC. I think my brain is built backwards.

everyone's crazy except Lauren. NYC definitely has their shit together, people are nice as hell and not snotty, the city is clean and the air is nice and the public transportation is FUCKING ACES.

i rode the subway from the financial district allllll the way back up to Columbus Circle at 4am with a verrrrrrrrry drunk 19 year old girl and nobody even looked twice at us. i felt totally safe.

I wouldn't say the city is clean. There are bags and bags of trash on every block you walk on. The subway station floors are covered in piss (got to watch a homeless guy piss himself last weekend), and it smells.

HOWEVER, I do like going to NYC, love the fact that you can use public transportation everywhere, and have a lot of fun every time I go.

yeah the filth amazed me. i walked out of my hotel and there were just piles of trash everywhere.
lol@not building alleys into the plans
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
43/M/NJ

offline   (5)
June 29 2008 12:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (2)
June 29 2008 12:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
ive been in brooklyn all weekend and i've had a good time, but to live here is just not for me. Plus, Generation Records would bankrupt me if i had easy access to it.
$$$ ERIK $$$
Time Husk
7,868 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline   (7)
June 29 2008 1:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm in NYC at least twice a month for work. The public transportation there is great. I'm able to hop on a train in the town next to me, get to the city and not have to worry about driving or anything at all. There's also countless things to do there between the museums, restaurants, venues, bars and other shit.
exocannibal
how tripods work
1,457 Posts
37/M/NY

June 29 2008 1:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: $$$ ERIK $$$

I'm in NYC at least twice a month for work. The public transportation there is great. I'm able to hop on a train in the town next to me, get to the city and not have to worry about driving or anything at all. There's also countless things to do there between the museums, restaurants, venues, bars and other shit.

There is a ton to do there and that aspect of it is great but I live in upstate NY and there's something to say about being able to bike ride in the Adirondacks and go hiking and camping in the Catskills. That's just more my pace. Plus I'm only an hour away from Vermont and Mass. When I'm in NYC I feel trapped
Cory Monster
life is gawbage
22,796 Posts
39/M/NY

offline     (11)
June 29 2008 3:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

NYC has a lot more to do

but Philly gets better shows (and more of them, because Clear Channel doesn't own it)
all threads All Threads ›› New York City... ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: New York City...

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?