all threads All Threads ›› Holy LOL ›› new reply Post Reply
Ganjang.
Time Husk
2,932 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (2)
April 22 2009 11:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:dfv

I don't see the problem with dumpster diving.
In fact it bothers me how much food is wasted in America. Meanwhile, there's starving kids down the street.

Its a catch 22 though because the logical thing would be to say hey take all that food thats just about to expired or is about to go to shit and give it to people like you say, But then if one of these people gets sick from this food then the cocksuckers go and sue the store and put them out of business.
Dianana
8====D
66,500 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
April 22 2009 12:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Sean.

In fact it bothers me how much food is wasted in America. Meanwhile, there's starving kids down the street.

Its a catch 22 though because the logical thing would be to say hey take all that food thats just about to expired or is about to go to shit and give it to people like you say, But then if one of these people gets sick from this food then the cocksuckers go and sue the store and put them out of business.

True, that's why I'm fine with the fact that people are going in there to get it so it's not going to waste.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
April 22 2009 12:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
other people can go through the dumpster and eat that shit, I wont. The food still may be good, its the fact that it may have been dug out of a bag that had used pads or condoms in it. and yeah you can 'wash' the food, but its just the whole idea. good for the bums, but not me.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,821 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 22 2009 12:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:XWHISKEYX

other people can go through the dumpster and eat that shit, I wont. The food still may be good, its the fact that it may have been dug out of a bag that had used pads or condoms in it. and yeah you can 'wash' the food, but its just the whole idea. good for the bums, but not me.

agree

i have no problem if people want to dive in dumpsters for their food....fuck if i'm going to though.
liamrulz
embarrassed for y
20,661 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (17)
April 22 2009 12:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

actually most of those cases have been lost, and in PA it has been decided that people eating donated food cannot sue. thats how we get by at BSM, donations from whole foods, trader joes, and olive garden. still have to buy a lot of our food, but that stuff helps
JasoninPA
Old is Gold.
22,931 Posts
45/M/VA

offline   (1)
April 22 2009 12:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Liam, this is like in biblical times gleaning from the fields.
Ganjang.
Time Husk
2,932 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (2)
April 22 2009 12:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Liam ODonnell M.Div.

actually most of those cases have been lost, and in PA it has been decided that people eating donated food cannot sue. thats how we get by at BSM, donations from whole foods, trader joes, and olive garden. still have to buy a lot of our food, but that stuff helps

Real talk
liamrulz
embarrassed for y
20,661 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (17)
April 22 2009 12:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: JasoninDC

Liam, this is like in biblical times gleaning from the fields.

oh yes, I know. Shane makes that point in his book actually, The irresistible revolution.
we sell it as a money saver, they have to pay someone to pick up their trash by tonage. we reduce that tonage, and put their logo on things. whole foods officially sponsors one of our programs, basically by letting us raid their food. which is pretty good most of the time
$teve grove
dr. spaceman
23,170 Posts
35/M/OH

offline     (17)
April 22 2009 12:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: eric lfd

freegan

freegan = vegan when convenient/fashionable
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,294 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
April 22 2009 12:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
To the dumpster I go tonite! If I see a rat, im officially done.
$teve grove
dr. spaceman
23,170 Posts
35/M/OH

offline     (17)
April 22 2009 12:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
dumpstering is a great way to get some free non-dirty fucked up food. their are just certain thing i choose not to take, like fruit or some other stuff. but when the potato chip factory decides to trash their last batch of bags because of a mistake in printing on the bag, believe that i'm taking home boxes upon boxes of chips, party mix (!!!) and pretzels.
Dianana
8====D
66,500 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
April 22 2009 12:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Liam ODonnell M.Div.

As they should be.
Oh thanks for the free food, oh and by the way, give me money because I may or may have not gotten sick off of it.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,777 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (11)
April 22 2009 1:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: XWHISKEYX

smorgasgeorge
-
20,880 Posts
35/M/CA

offline     (9)
April 22 2009 1:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I believe in FIFO and capitalism, so I will buy fresh food, forget about it, and then throw it away.
all threads All Threads ›› Holy LOL ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Holy LOL

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?