all threads All Threads ›› Michael Vick, now an Eagle...... ›› new reply Post Reply
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (25)
August 14 2009 2:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:sidney

Originally posted by:brian.

Originally posted by:Seeinsparklesyet?!

Originally posted by: sidney

Originally posted by:WREN

Personally i don't think any convicted criminal should be allowed back in the NFL. Take someone like Pacman Jones. That dude is a total piece of shit off the field and continued to get second chances.

I think it should be a total priviledge to get to play for a professional sports team. What is the league minimum now? $250,000 for a rookie and $500,000 for a vet? that's absurd money too me to play a sport. I'd love to make even that. Then you got guys like Vick, Jones, and even my man Ricky Williams that can't just live like a normal human off the field. Now Williams got busted for something insignificant like weed but still. You know the rules. You fuck up. You are done.

There are plenty of other people in the world that would kill to be in the position they are in. Let those guys come in and give it a shot. I'd rather see people that can acted like civilized humans off the field in the position of role models than assholes like Vick.

but Wren it is not like these guys were walking down the street and suddenly someone jumps out of the bushes and says "hey you want to play in the NFL?"

they all ready worked their way up thru the system from a young age.

and the other guys you would rather see DO NOT have the talent that Vick has....again it is football not congress.

It doesnt take that much to play football. there's a guy in my unit named riddick that took leave and went to the draft and now he's on a plane going to play for the falcons. the dude played football for 1 year in highschool.

this is the dumbest post in the whole thread

lol...i would still like to know this guy's name so i could look him up since he came out of no where and is suddenly a starting player for the Atlanta Falcons

already answered that one. dont know his first name, and i never said he was starting. i said he made their team.
brian.
new cocks
146,088 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
August 14 2009 2:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
43/M/NJ

offline   (5)
August 14 2009 2:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Sparkles--your statement is like saying it doesn't take much to be a navy seal, or to get accepted to John Hopkins med school, etc.

Chances are your buddy was offered a try out contract (which is still impressive) but not the same as being on an NFL roster
brian.
new cocks
146,088 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
August 14 2009 2:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think her friends last name is actually rudiger
Pb609
Web Bitch
33,523 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline     (35)
August 14 2009 3:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
did not read my own thread
Pb609
Web Bitch
33,523 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline     (35)
August 14 2009 3:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Holy reply Jack Bauer
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,295 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (5)
August 14 2009 3:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
My remark wasn't directly to you, its to all the nerds who are saying that he shouldn't be allowed to play. Youre paying his salary with your tickets and ratings, so boycott the whole league, everyone.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,821 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
August 14 2009 3:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Jack Bauer - CTU

Originally posted by:xAJexDELAWAREx

Hes only idolized because we idolize him. If yo don't want him to be idolized, don't support the NFL at all.

I don't idolize him and even if I stopped watching football, how would the affect the children who watch the sport not looking up to him? Get real.

Originally posted by:Jack Bauer - CTU

Yes....it's just the NFL. However, this scum bg is now going to be making millions of dollars. Yeah, he served his time, but I AM SURE this guy in the back of his head still isn't at remorseful for what he did.

Let him go do landcaping or contruction or something. Don't welcome him back to a job where he's now making million of dollars and where he will be idolized.

maybe your right....maybe he is not remorseful.....only time will tell

but so far he has done everything asked of him by the law and is still currently working with the humane society.....listening to his press conference he says that he wants to help the humane society in Philly stop dog fighing here...do you not think that is a good thing???

him being in the NFL as a reformed player could really help bring to light about how bad dog fighting is in certain parts of the country....again is that not a good thing??? If he was working construction and working with the humane society no one would care.....being in the NFL give him much more exposure.

"For the life of me, I can't understand why I was involved in such pointless activity," Vick said. "Why did I risk so much at the pinnacle of my career?"

That's a quote right from Vick. To me that says, "I'm sorry for losing endorsements. I'm sorry for losing my career. I'm sorry for making myself look like an asshole."

I can guarantee that he is only remorseful because society is telling him he should be. Also, he knows he stands no chance with the public whatsoever if he doesn't put on this front. He has flat out said that he grew up around it so he saw no problem with it.

Originally posted by:xAJexDELAWAREx

Haha. Oh lord.

Start the Christian Football League then.

You are talking about people that get paid to beat the shit out of each other and abuse the living fuck out of thier bodies.

You are also talking about a lot of people who grew up in poverty and without the same social upbringing that most of us middle class white americans have.

i just do not get people either......sports players should not be looked up to by the way they run thier personal lives.

Again agreed. However, this is the world we live in and children do idolize these asshats. It's unfortunate, but you can't deny it.

Originally posted by:LordLuvKnuckle

Originally posted by: xAJexDELAWAREx

That doesn't make any
blackeyes
100%
47,277 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
August 14 2009 3:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
how come none of you people made a fuss like this when there was dog fighting going on in west philly?
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,295 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (5)
August 14 2009 3:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Which is why im saying its stupid for people to be protesting and bitching about it, if they are just going to go and watch the games on tv or in the seats.

Dude went back to work, oh well. Went to jail, paid his fines, said his apologies (if he meant them or not thats not for any of us to decide until something comes along to show one way or another), and now hes going back to work.

People who are saying he shouldn't be allowed to work anymore are using some crazy retard logic and are focusing more on the fact that he gets paid alot. How much should he be allowed to make in your eyes?

Its stupid. Dudes a football player, he plays football for a job, its retarded for people to try and say he shouldn't be allowed to.
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,295 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (5)
August 14 2009 3:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: blackeyes

how come none of you people made a fuss like this when there was dog fighting going on in west philly?

Were there any famous people involved?
Jewbus
Jewbus
692 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (2)
August 14 2009 3:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Michael Vick, now an Eagle... still a nigger.
blackeyes
100%
47,277 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
August 14 2009 3:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: xAJexDELAWAREx

Originally posted by: blackeyes

Were there any famous people involved?

that's my point.
if it was anyone besides vick (or someone famous or whatever) no one would being acting like this
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,295 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (5)
August 14 2009 3:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
But if Clipse was there...oh man.
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,295 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (5)
August 14 2009 3:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Actually, he just filed for bankruptcy.
all threads All Threads ›› Michael Vick, now an Eagle...... ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Michael Vick, now an Eagle......

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?