all threads All Threads ›› Yanks talking w/ Mariners on Cliff Lee ›› new reply Post Reply
blackeyes
100%
47,277 Posts
34/M/AK

offline   (3)
December 22 2009 4:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
drew is a fag though

nothing worse happens in philly than anywhere else on the east coast
manbearpig
analrapist
2,386 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (2)
December 22 2009 4:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Barabbas

Getting rid of Cliff Lee was stupid

Originally posted by: fight2live

fuck the yankees

Originally posted by: WREN

buying another championship

Originally posted by: brian.

hurf

Mariano Rivera
the sandman
36,573 Posts
9/M/NE

offline   (1)
December 22 2009 4:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
oh well thats perfectly sound reasoning. drew and his agent knew how good he could be and didn't wanna get roped into playing for a what was at the time, a pretty shitty team. i don't blame him. trying to pelt him with batteries is pretty classless and definitely turned me against the phillies and their fans from that day on.

not even trying to be a one upper or anything, i swear in the 15 years i have followed yankees baseball there has never been an incident where fans threw things onto the field in an attempt to hurt an opposing player.
Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
23,565 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 22 2009 4:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: blackeyes

philly is not THAT bad. it just has that reputation because of incidents that happened decades ago (and the media loves to rehash them) so everytime anything happens in philly its blown way out of proportion.

if a cf got hit with a beer in philly like happened at wrigley we would still be hearing about it

and i dont necessarily hate the yankees or the real yankees fans, i hate that the yankees win all the time.
any fanbase would love to have a front office that makes the moves the yankees make

Everytime I have gone to philly to see them play the mets for atleast the past ten years someone has always tried to either start a fight with me or has thrown stuff at me. Funny thing is I am very quiet when I am watching a game at the ballpark becuase I actually want to sit and absorb everything about it. I am not one of these people who acts like a drunken idiot. Its not even like I was dressed in all mets gear. Just my standard mets hat.

Also to add. When I when I was going to school in center city and I would have on anything with a mets, giants, raners logo someone would always yell or throw things at me. It was pretty amusing seeing someone drive by in the early morning and they would throw a nice big cup of coffee at me and miss. Just knowing they would be pissed that they didnt have their coffee made me smile
blackeyes
100%
47,277 Posts
34/M/AK

offline   (3)
December 22 2009 4:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
drew and especially his agent did not give a shit about the quality of the team

none of what anyone has described is behavior thats exclusive to philly

me and my friends were threatened in yankee stadium and we didnt cry about it
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 22 2009 4:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
a big black birds fan that i used to work with (delivering pizza) threaten to kill me if he saw me on the street after having a Birds/Boys debate
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (12)
December 22 2009 4:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Steve
Time Husk
32,578 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 22 2009 7:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Jameso

they would be foolish to trade their best pitcher

Felix is way better than Lee.
all threads All Threads ›› Yanks talking w/ Mariners on Cliff Lee ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Yanks talking w/ Mariners on Cliff Lee

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?