all threads All Threads ›› Israel: Uh, yeah... about that settlement freeze... ›› new reply Post Reply
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
January 9 2010 11:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
God didn't create what you do with your life. If you type a response, do you believe God did it?

God merely created the choice. If you worked for a steel mill and sold steel to your best friend, and he designed a knife with it to kill his wife, did you kill his wife?
existential antelope
down and out
5,345 Posts
36/M/WA

offline   (7)
January 10 2010 12:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: TheKingofPop

Ignored Post by paradelights (show | remove block)

crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
January 10 2010 12:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: paradelights

God didn't create what you do with your life. If you type a response, do you believe God did it?

God merely created the choice. If you worked for a steel mill and sold steel to your best friend, and he designed a knife with it to kill his wife, did you kill his wife?

God created me with full knowledge of what I would do... and what each of us would do, yet he did not choose to make us such that we would not choose evil so often. He did not simply give us a choice... he made us, put us in the circumstances, and THEN gave us a choice.

If god made a sociopath, why would your god not be responsible for that sociopath??? ... or people suffering a psychotic break?
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
January 10 2010 12:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: crunkmoose

Justice is a universal concept derived through the laws at the very essence of humanity. Justice is up there with the law, "you must eat or you will die."

That is very very vague.. and is described in very vague language... and then compared to a physiological concept, as if that were somehow related to a moral or ethical concept... and then linked to the "essence of humanity", though it is the essence of all living beings in one way or another.

You think you could give us something a bit more concrete... and not just comparisons to having to eat or breath, etc... ?

cows spending money
abu ghraib valenti
839 Posts
34/M/VA

offline   (1)
January 10 2010 7:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
this tiny country has made itself the center of attention for 50 years like a spoiled child. if only we could just ignore them.
Otzi
Time Husk
8,535 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (3)
January 10 2010 11:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ignored Military Actions by Israel (show | remove block)
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
January 11 2010 5:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: LordLuvKnuckle

Originally posted by: LordLuvKnuckle

Matt is just worshipping the Wrong God. Poor kid is all fucked up.

What other God loves so much that He Himself came take the pain we caused? The God I believe in sent me by the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David, and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ my Lord.

I know exactly the God I worship. The One Holy God of the universe who made you and me. I worship the God of Isaac, Jacob, Abraham, Moses...the God who rescued the Jews, and the God who, through them, rescued you and me from the crap in this world to have a life worth living... I have so much more joy than I've ever had before I knew Jesus, And my true DAD is always there to provide.

Your God has nothing to do with me. He didn't create me. My God Created me, and he kicks the shit out of your God on any day of the year.

lol....what?
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
January 11 2010 5:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

God created me with full knowledge of what I would do... and what each of us would do, yet he did not choose to make us such that we would not choose evil so often. He did not simply give us a choice... he made us, put us in the circumstances, and THEN gave us a choice.

If god made a sociopath, why would your god not be responsible for that sociopath??? ... or people suffering a psychotic break?

Knowing who you are, for God not to create you would be unjust and avoiding the possibility of love and freewill. To ever be judged, you must know you are guilty.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
January 11 2010 6:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Knowing who you are, for God not to create you would be unjust and avoiding the possibility of love and freewill. To ever be judged, you must know you are guilty.

So, that means that the sociopaths aren't responsible for their actions... but god still is. This whole "it would be unjust for him not to create you" argument is horseshit.
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (7)
January 11 2010 6:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Why?
Why are we arguing religion again?
We might as well be arguing about the quality of the room service inside of a black hole.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
January 11 2010 6:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

So, that means that the sociopaths aren't responsible for their actions... but god still is. This whole "it would be unjust for him not to create you" argument is horseshit.

your argument that God is a sociopath is a big LOL.

If you worked for a steel mill and sold steel to your best friend, and he designed a knife with it to kill his wife, did you kill his wife?
Are you a sociopath for selling steel when you know some of it will be made to create deadly weapons?

ANSWER THE QUESTION MOOSE.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
January 11 2010 6:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: LEATHERFACE

Why?
Why are we arguing religion again?
We might as well be arguing about the quality of the room service inside of a black hole.

because some people have religion on the mind and deeper questions than current events.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
January 11 2010 11:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

your argument that God is a sociopath is a big LOL.

If you worked for a steel mill and sold steel to your best friend, and he designed a knife with it to kill his wife, did you kill his wife?
Are you a sociopath for selling steel when you know some of it will be made to create deadly weapons?

ANSWER THE QUESTION MOOSE.

I never said god was a sociopath.

If you know that he is going to make a knife with which to kill his wife... yes, you are.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
January 12 2010 2:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
oh ok, I misread that. You know, theology covers that topic from the very first chapters in the bible. When sin entered the world, the world was cursed. Things got pretty screwed up.

God originally made man perfect, no sociopaths, so retards, nothing like that.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
January 12 2010 1:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

oh ok, I misread that. You know, theology covers that topic from the very first chapters in the bible. When sin entered the world, the world was cursed. Things got pretty screwed up.

God originally made man perfect, no sociopaths, so retards, nothing like that.

No. God originally made man, or rather made woman so that she would end up disobeying god. The perfect do not disobey god.

Your theology may cover that topic... but that doesn't mean your theology makes any sense.
all threads All Threads ›› Israel: Uh, yeah... about that settlement freeze..... ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Israel: Uh, yeah... about that settlement freeze...

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?