all threads All Threads ›› Clothing for the Politically Incorrect! NOT RACIST ›› new reply Post Reply
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
36/M/NC

offline  mobile reply   (7)
February 5 2011 10:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: AWBClothing

Originally posted by: LEATHERFACE

Originally posted by: Davey.

nobody here is going to buy your clothing.

I could care less. I don't do it for money. It's a side thing. I have a career. And... you're wrong, several people already bought some of my gear from this site. Mostly because it's so easy to get people to respond to me. It keeps my thread at the top, so I appreciate the love. But I get it, you didn't know any better.

There IS some marketing genius at work here, I mean the thread itself stretches for 11 pages. Why suffer from opposition when it can be used to your advantage? My paintings only get two to three pages max, if they went on this long I wouldn't have to work a full-time job :(

Unfortunately I still need a full time job. I don't do this for money, but I wouldn't mind selling AWB clothing as my main source of income. Maybe one day, because I am relentless and pacient.

Patience and vigor are what it takes, I recently gained four commissions for paintings simply for those reasons. It's an uphill battle, that's for damn sure, but it feels great to know that somebody, somewhere, is willing to pay for the stuff you enjoy doing. When it comes to exposure you really can't get enough, especially in a capitalist landscape.
AWBClothing
AngryWhiteBoy Inc.
114 Posts
44/M/NJ

offline   (81)
February 5 2011 10:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: Davey.

nobody here is going to buy your clothing.

I could care less. I don't do it for money. It's a side thing. I have a career. And... you're wrong, several people already bought some of my gear from this site. Mostly because it's so easy to get people to respond to me. It keeps my thread at the top, so I appreciate the love. But I get it, you didn't know any better.

There IS some marketing genius at work here, I mean the thread itself stretches for 11 pages. Why suffer from opposition when it can be used to your advantage? My paintings only get two to three pages max, if they went on this long I wouldn't have to work a full-time job :(

Unfortunately I still need a full time job. I don't do this for money, but I wouldn't mind selling AWB clothing as my main source of income. Maybe one day, because I am relentless and pacient.

Patience and vigor are what it takes, I recently gained four commissions for paintings simply for those reasons. It's an uphill battle, that's for damn sure, but it feels great to know that somebody, somewhere, is willing to pay for the stuff you enjoy doing. When it comes to exposure you really can't get enough, especially in a capitalist landscape.

It's especially hard for me, obviously because of the name of the company. But it's OK... hard work and perseverance will eventually make this into something bigger than it already is.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
February 5 2011 10:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: Sharplimbed

ambiguous racism = marketing genius

Well, in this case it's true. Every time you counter him and his views it bumps this thread back to the top of the boards. You're so busy looking for and exposing his flaws that you haven't even stopped to understand that you're helping him out. I used to work in advertising and there's a golden rule: it doesn't matter if the attention is good or bad so long as you're getting attention, period. I know it sucks to hear, but this guy has been playing you like a piano straight from the start.

You're right, this whole thing has been planned and controlled by him. He is a genius and we have all been tricked by him. Coming across as a racist and then denying it in the vaguest possible terms is his marketing strategy and it is groundbreakingly successful.

I understand having this thread at the top of the boards is probably overall a good thing for him monetarily (though if I was in his position I'd still consider this thread embarrassing and would not want people seeing it), I just think you're giving him too much credit for it.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
February 5 2011 10:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
February 5 2011 10:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

I can easily rant on and on about the events of 9/11, the corporate controlled media, broken borders, racial double standards, the illusion of airport and Homeland security, healthcare, the obsession with Blackberries and video games, moronic street slang ebonics, "Reality TV", meaningless, shallow fashion trends that are taken way too seriously along with the programmed, robotic population that simply accepts things for what they are and never question anything. Along with the people who just throw their hands in the air and say, "Whatever happens, happens. There's nothing we can do."

This is what I'm talking about, from your original post. Not the bit where you claimed white men weren't allowed to be angry or whatever you said.

Just what it says and it's not restricted to just black and white. Just come up with anything you can THINK of YOURSELF. Politicians and the powers that be put all of it in effect in order to keep people fighting with each other. Along with religion/creed. class, sexual preference etc. AWB is against politics... not race. But, like I mentioned a few pages back, that people will find racism in anything if that's what they're looking for. And with a name like AngryWhiteBoy, people look into it with a fine-tooth comb... and that's fine. The name is supposed to be a "tongue-in-cheek" thing.

Okay, so can you please name some specific racial double standards that bother you?

You see, some people when talking about racial double standards, are talking about how black people get an easier ride that white people. Ridiculous, I know. But, when you have all this other stuff, and start talking about how white guys aren't allowed to get angry like black guys are, plus the hammers, plus the "angry white boy", plus your bit about "broken borders", combined with the fact you refuse to go into detail on virtually anything...

Maybe leatherface is right... You're deliberately coming across as a racist in order to keep your thread at the top. Is that what you're doing?
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
36/M/NC

February 5 2011 10:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

ambiguous racism = marketing genius

Well, in this case it's true. Every time you counter him and his views it bumps this thread back to the top of the boards. You're so busy looking for and exposing his flaws that you haven't even stopped to understand that you're helping him out. I used to work in advertising and there's a golden rule: it doesn't matter if the attention is good or bad so long as you're getting attention, period. I know it sucks to hear, but this guy has been playing you like a piano straight from the start.

You're right, this whole thing has been planned and controlled by him. He is a genius and we have all been tricked by him. Coming across as a racist and then denying it in the vaguest possible terms is his marketing strategy and it is groundbreakingly successful.

I understand having this thread at the top of the boards is probably overall a good thing for him monetarily (though if I was in his position I'd still consider this thread embarrassing and would not want people seeing it), I just think you're giving him too much credit for it.

I'm just stating the obvious, nothing more or less. It's not so much me giving him credit as you not being able to walk away without having the last word.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
February 5 2011 10:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well, you said it was marketing genius...

Either way, I'm not trying to ruin the guy's business. It's not like he's funding racist shit - just his family and breast cancer awareness. I just happen to think he's probably a bit of a racist, and he's doing an awful job showing that he isn't.
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
36/M/NC

February 5 2011 11:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wouldn't go so far as to label him outright racist, but rather disillusioned. If he lived anywhere near G-boro then I understand a portion of where he's coming from. You have to understand that black-on-white racism is accepted in the South, I know because I have experienced it enough. I don't personally agree with a lot of what he says, but I'm familiar with a lot of the events that lead people to be like he is. He's closer to a S.H.A.R.P than anything else, not so much racist as opposed to the 'white guilt' idea. Not taking sides here, just filling in the gaps.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
February 5 2011 11:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I agree, he doesn't seem like an outright racist, and I very much doubt he considers himself racist. Still, I'm very wary of people who say things like he does, and a lot of outright racists DO hide behind the exact same sort of stuff. His unwillingness to discuss it is suspicious, and also pretty annoying.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
February 5 2011 11:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

I wouldn't go so far as to label him outright racist, but rather disillusioned. If he lived anywhere near G-boro then I understand a portion of where he's coming from. You have to understand that black-on-white racism is accepted in the South, I know because I have experienced it enough. I don't personally agree with a lot of what he says, but I'm familiar with a lot of the events that lead people to be like he is. He's closer to a S.H.A.R.P than anything else, not so much racist as opposed to the 'white guilt' idea. Not taking sides here, just filling in the gaps.

Yeah, having lived in the south most of my life... white on black racism is still pretty accepted as well.. in fact, probably moreso.
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
36/M/NC

February 5 2011 11:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

I agree, he doesn't seem like an outright racist, and I very much doubt he considers himself racist. Still, I'm very wary of people who say things like he does, and a lot of outright racists DO hide behind the exact same sort of stuff. His unwillingness to discuss it is suspicious, and also pretty annoying.

I can agree with you on that. When I get to my keyboard instead of this phone I'll give you some examples of racial double standards, in detail. Then again, I never found the need to make clothes about it, but a lot of people get misunderstood about this kind of thing.
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
36/M/NC

February 5 2011 12:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: crunkmoose

Yeah, having lived in the south most of my life... white on black racism is still pretty accepted as well.. in fact, probably moreso.

That's no excuse for any of it, and I mean racism in general.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
February 5 2011 1:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: crunkmoose

That's no excuse for any of it, and I mean racism in general.

I couldn't agree more.
G uNiT UgLy
g@unit.cum
3,235 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (4)
February 6 2011 6:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

all threads All Threads ›› Clothing for the Politically Incorrect! NOT RACIST ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Clothing for the Politically Incorrect! NOT RACIST

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?