all threads All Threads ›› Its about 18 years late, but.. WM3 freed ›› new reply Post Reply
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (2)
August 31 2011 10:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yea hes off his rocker. I want to read the book about this too to get all the information I can, but from what I've gathered it doesn't seem like Byers is the killer either. Fucking insane? For sure, but the physical evidence on him (the knife he gave the producers of the documentary) is a little flimsy in my eyes. To be the most outspoken person involved in this case as he is, to be the most visible and nutty person in both documentaries, all while being guilty I think is giving him more credit than he deserves. He's not that smart. Crazy enough, yea, but he's not smart enough to kill those kids and keep his hands clean for the past 20 years (in reference to the murders, not his other various run-ins with the law and his drug conviction).

But then again, the ineptitude displayed by every part of the "justice system" in that state, top to bottom, I wouldn't be surprised if evidence was there to connect him to the murder and was just overlooked or ignored entirely.

Fascinating story, and I wish I would've gotten involved in it earlier.
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (8)
August 31 2011 10:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've always assumed people had HBO and have seen these, and after having conversations (well trying to) about it at work, I realized that's not the case.

Devil's Knot will piss you off even more.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
September 1 2011 6:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: DennisQ

Yea hes off his rocker. I want to read the book about this too to get all the information I can, but from what I've gathered it doesn't seem like Byers is the killer either. Fucking insane? For sure, but the physical evidence on him (the knife he gave the producers of the documentary) is a little flimsy in my eyes. To be the most outspoken person involved in this case as he is, to be the most visible and nutty person in both documentaries, all while being guilty I think is giving him more credit than he deserves. He's not that smart. Crazy enough, yea, but he's not smart enough to kill those kids and keep his hands clean for the past 20 years (in reference to the murders, not his other various run-ins with the law and his drug conviction).

But then again, the ineptitude displayed by every part of the "justice system" in that state, top to bottom, I wouldn't be surprised if evidence was there to connect him to the murder and was just overlooked or ignored entirely.

Fascinating story, and I wish I would've gotten involved in it earlier.

Oh, its very easy to keep your hands clean of the murder you committed for years... just so long as the police never want to believe anyone did it but the weird, scary kids.. no matter what the evidence says. And now the police and prosecutors have pretty well given the real killer a get out of jail free card with these Alford pleas. They need to keep the WM3 from suing them, so now they can't ever even suggest someone else did it or they are in for a serious shit storm. These please were about NOTHING but covering the asses of everyone who fucked this up from the start and continued to fuck it up for nearly two fucking decades.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 1 2011 6:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Every few pages in Devil's Knot you think "Fuck. It cannot possibly get any more ridiculous than this". And then it does. Over and over and over again until they're all in jail forever and they're trying to kill damien.

I'd also recommend picking up Damien's book that he wrote inside, Almost Home. It is actually unbelievable how well-rounded a person he became in prison. He's really smart and rational and not bitter (or not much, considering...), I don't know how anyone could be like that after believing the world to be against you, then having that proved beyond any doubt... For decades.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
September 1 2011 6:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

Originally posted by: viva hate

I'm busting chops, but on a serious note, I'd rather read crunkmoose's threat/posts about it.

Kind of a cunt thing to say considering what he said was already said by others...the morning they went into court.

Well, I will slightly defend myself here: I was actually living in Arkansas a couple hours drive from West Memphis when this all happened, ya know.
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
September 1 2011 10:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: crunkmoose

Originally posted by: Dianana

Originally posted by: viva hate

I'm busting chops, but on a serious note, I'd rather read crunkmoose's threat/posts about it.

Kind of a cunt thing to say considering what he said was already said by others...the morning they went into court.

Well, I will slightly defend myself here: I was actually living in Arkansas a couple hours drive from West Memphis when this all happened, ya know.

Your geographical location at the time is great and everything, but I was calling her out for being an ass to other posters I enjoy.

Anyway, I read that they can not make money off of a book or movie deal since they technically pleaded guilty. I just hope that they are able to adjust to being free men and can go on and make a living for themselves. I'm sure something will be set up by some musicians/actors who had their backs.

I know that Jason Baldwin only took the deal to get Damien off death row because this is not justice. However, I'd probably say "eff it, I just want my freedom," if I was in their shoes. I hope it brings to light that there have been plenty of innocent people on death row who weren't as lucky as Damien.
...it probably won't.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 1 2011 4:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: DennisQ

Just watched both Paradise Lost documentaries, then watched the press conference from their hearing earlier this month and cried for the first time in 2 and a half years.

can you post a link to that press conference please?
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (2)
September 1 2011 11:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 2 2011 6:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
thanks. will watch later today.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 2 2011 9:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the judge is batshit mental and believes in all sorts of devil worshipping as well. it's like an entire police force and court who are like dwarn with heavy metal instead of the government.
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
September 2 2011 9:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wonder if Damien and Jason blame Jesse for all of this? Hell, I wonder if the parents of the murdered children (who now believe that these 3 boys are innocent) feel a bit of responsibility as well?
John Barlow
Vodka Party
17,778 Posts
68/M/PA

offline     (15)
September 2 2011 9:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I would hope that both Damien and Jason both realize that Jesse was taken advantage of, because he is the most feeble-minded of the 3. Unfortunately, they've had 18 full years to come to that realization.
all threads All Threads ›› Its about 18 years late, but.. WM3 freed ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Its about 18 years late, but.. WM3 freed

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?