all threads All Threads ›› hey guys ›› new reply Post Reply
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 24 2012 10:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
they call them house centipedes for a reason, they stay in houses or under rocks. so if you encounter a centipede in the woods then stop picking up rocks/logs.

there are way worse things to worry about in the woods. like a fucking bear/snake
cole
boy spock
13,441 Posts
34/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (22)
May 24 2012 10:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Swarms of bugs are what creep me out the most. One day I noticed an ant crawling out of a light socket in my kitchen, so I killed it and then thumped the socket, jokingly saying "anything else in there?" and then a hundred more came flying out- scattering across the walls. I wanted to die.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (14)
May 24 2012 10:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

if you get bitten by a centipede you're an asshole that doesn't know how to handle a paper towel

what if you're sleeping?
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 24 2012 10:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i have never once encountered a centipede/centipede bite while sleeping, and i'm sure if it was a huge issue then we would hear more about it. the only time i ever see them is in the bathroom.

you're a bunch of pussies.
Maryland Matt
still oh so ill
8,438 Posts
38/M/MD

offline  mobile reply     (6)
May 24 2012 10:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
There was one in my tub this morning. Save me Brickhouse.

I just washed that nigga down the drain.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 24 2012 10:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Maryland Matt

did it break apart, multiply then bite you? alert the authorities.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,589 Posts
33/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (13)
May 24 2012 10:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Once mammals get over a certain weight they become pachyderms, at which point their flesh becomes a thick leathery hide that is impenetrable to any bites. Brickhouse.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 24 2012 10:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Centipedes of the United States, especially the larger ones such as the giant desert centipede (Scolopendra heros) and the banded desert centipede (Scolopendra polymorpha), can inflict an intensely painful, though rarely (if ever) fatal, bite, or more accurately, a pinch. They puncture your skin with a powerful pair of modified, hollow, clawed legs located on the first body segment, immediately behind the head. They use the legs and claws like hypodemic syringes to draw venom from poison sacks within the body trunk and inject it into your flesh.
Frequency of Centipede Bites

Centipede bites do not appear to be tallied in the U. S., although they likely occur most often in the southern and southwestern parts of the country, where the larger species occur. Likely, the bites do not occur as frequently as ant, wasp, bee or hornet stings. "Most human centipede bites," said Jerome Goddard in his Physician's Guide to Arthropods of Medical Importance, "result when a centipede is stepped on, picked up, or otherwise contacts the body." You may meet a centipede when pulling on clothing or getting into bed, where it has sought refuge.

the worst ones are in the southwest, so who gives a fuck.
Maryland Matt
still oh so ill
8,438 Posts
38/M/MD

offline  mobile reply     (6)
May 24 2012 10:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: Maryland Matt

did it break apart, multiply then bite you? alert the authorities.

Each leg turned into a wing and it became a 100 winged arial predator. I just walked out of my house... I don't want to tangle with that. Maybe it'll do me a favor and eat the ladybugs that are in my house.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 24 2012 10:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i thought she was just posting it because everyone ever is grossed out/scared of these little turds
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,560 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
May 24 2012 10:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cole

Swarms of bugs are what creep me out the most. One day I noticed an ant crawling out of a light socket in my kitchen, so I killed it and then thumped the socket, jokingly saying "anything else in there?" and then a hundred more came flying out- scattering across the walls. I wanted to die.

This is my nightmare.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 24 2012 10:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the worst thing i can ever think of is to be in a really, really hot room lying down, covered in brown recluses and black widows. one move/sweat droplet and you're in a world of fuck it all.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (14)
May 24 2012 10:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I posted them because of the centipede discussion in the morning thread.

but also because I hate those little assholes too. they're in my top 5 fears.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (14)
May 24 2012 10:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

the worst thing i can ever think of is to be in a really, really hot room lying down, covered in brown recluses and black widows. one move/sweat droplet and you're in a world of fuck it all.

stoppppppppp
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 24 2012 10:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
or better yet, centipedes, snakes, scorpions, black widows, and alligators all in a room the size of a cubible
all threads All Threads ›› hey guys ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: hey guys

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?