all threads All Threads ›› 6 year old boy identifies as a girl ›› new reply Post Reply
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
43/M/NJ

offline  mobile reply   (5)
March 1 2013 12:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Just put the kid in a kilt problem solved
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,803 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
March 1 2013 12:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: HypoLuxa

I don't know how I feel about this for many reasons. One being I'm not a parent and the other being Im not homosexual. Because of this Im not claiming to know what i would/should do.

The parents of the child are doing what they feel is correct and obviously they want their child to feel accepted and loved. Does a child know what their sex is at 6? Do they what sex means? I saw someone said they taught kids who identify as Spiderman. Funny, but that is a good point. I had no clue what sex was at 6 but I knew I was a boy. I can't recall any thoughts beyond cartoons, and pizza.

What about this child? Is supporting the childs self proclaimed identity putting the child on the spot. What about the other kids in the school. A boy going to the girls BR can send mixed messages to kids in the class or , maybe it does nothing at all. In school, Id say i started to identify with sexuality in class mates by middle school. Meaning, you knew a boy that acted more feminine, or a girl that was like one of the boys. Granted the parents didn't dress the boy in dresses but kids can pick up on difference early.

A parent is going to do what they feel is best for the child, but its not just about their kid. There are other parents and children involved and the level that these parents are taking this seems a bit much in my opinion. can't say if that is wrong or right, however people are still not fully accepting of homosexuality. This child is going to be looked at as an outcast no matter how much the parents try to fight that.

Its interesting to say the least.

hey it's Al Jourgensen
tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,188 Posts
28/M/WI

offline     (5)
March 1 2013 12:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I need radical feminism because I'm mildly autistic and I'm lucky it's not severe.
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
36/M/NC

offline  mobile reply   (7)
March 1 2013 1:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pudge

Originally posted by: yantastic

Claims of tolerance are often really just excuses for another prejudice-"I'm so much better than you because I'm more tolerant/enlightened" as opposed to (I'm a narcissistic pompous jerk wad)

Overused, probably, but that doesn't mean a 'phobe isn't a 'phobe.

Doesn't mean they ARE one, either.
tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,188 Posts
28/M/WI

offline     (5)
March 18 2013 5:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,867 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
March 18 2013 5:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
aloud
InTheButtLikeWhat
get low
12,901 Posts
36/F/CA

offline  mobile reply   (6)
March 18 2013 5:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Kink shaping
all threads All Threads ›› 6 year old boy identifies as a girl ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: 6 year old boy identifies as a girl

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?