Well
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
March 10 2014 10:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dickscraper

Long story short, it just didn't deliver what the original murder and all the evidence showed us. It turned out that the main villain was one dumb hick that we get to know for all of 5 minutes. I didn't buy that Rust was satisfied with that outcome after it's rammed down our throats throughout the entirety of the series what a completionist he is. I understand that there were more people involved (that's a lot of the shit I'm getting) but my point is we the viewers do not see any of that when it's all wrapped up and that bothered me.

It was pretty obvious to me that Pizzaboy left it that way so that JUST IN FUCKING CASE IT BECAME POSSIBLE, they could do another season together.

I don't think it'll happen though.

I loved this show unconditionally, but I understand where yr coming from totally. Early on I said how I thought we were in for something a little more significant, but clearly I was wrong. I was really, really hoping for them to bust in on some fucked up ritual with a bunch of dicks in KKK suits sacrificing children, or maybe like THE YELLOW KING could have actually not been a person at all, but instead some fucked up drug combination, you know? Some weird generational thing that fucked up Cajun weirdos have been ingesting for generations on the underground that the cult assholes use in rituals/murders or whatever.

I definitely was holding out for it to go in another direction., but I'm completely pleased with what we got.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,788 Posts
42/M/PA

online   (1)
March 11 2014 12:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I loved the show and liked the ending...looking forward to next season.

this was a good summation that I think gets the point across to naysayers

"The name of the show is True Detective. The title of the damn show set the limitations right there. True Detective. Not Crazy Supernatural Ending. Not David and Goliath. True Detective. And the show kind of ended in a way that rang true. Not the part with the head butting and gutting, but the fact that two former local cops turned PIs did not take down an ultra wealthy, ultra powerful ring of child murderers. They do their part to their limitations. It makes a crap ton of sense. They got their guy, they fixed their mistake, they got a level of closure. The rest is for someone else to go after. Life is generally full of drama and build up but ultimately anti-climactic. Overall, I liked it. It was a character study and as a character study, it was superb. Also, for some reason junkies really do tend to pull through the craziest medical crap. It’s a strange fact of life."
Jess.
wiener breath
38,760 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (11)
March 11 2014 1:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think it's the fact that he planted all of those abstract literary references and easter eggs, and then acted like people were crazy for reading into them that has people annoyed.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,463 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
March 11 2014 1:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Jess.

I think it's the fact that he planted all of those abstract literary references and easter eggs, and then acted like people were crazy for reading into them that has people annoyed.

Absolutely. I also hated that halfway through the show, when people were creating all those theories, he had to basically make an announcement that people need to tone it down. After watching the crappy ending, I now interpret his frustration more or less as "damn it, I wish I had thought of all of this."
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
March 11 2014 3:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
rofl
all threads All Threads ›› True Detective Thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: True Detective Thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject