all threads All Threads ›› How to uninstall Monday from your life ›› new reply Post Reply
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,480 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 18 2018 8:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: penisbong

I make $15 per hour and I just bought a boat.

A wise financial decision I'm sure will pay off in the long run.
Kev_in
One falls off
4,461 Posts
38/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (6)
June 18 2018 8:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This is that old bootstraps argument again...if that's not enough to live go out and make more money blah blah blah.

Make points back and forth all you want but things will never change and most likely get worse.

The table is tilted folks, the game is rigged. Rich get richer and poor stay poor.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,480 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 18 2018 8:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
But that's not what he said. He literally said that's enough to raise a family and whatever. We can talk about bootstraps (which are also fucking dumb) later. But that's not this.

Anyway things will get better if people like the couple of knuckleheads on this board stop saying shit like "pick yourself up by your bootstraps!" and start saying shit like "we're all being fucked, it's time to do something about it because we all deserve better".
penisbong
Time Husk
896 Posts
50/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
June 18 2018 8:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dickscraper

Have you ever been on a 12ft Boston Whaler with a 30 rack of keystone light and some serious babes? Def worth missing a few months of child support payments.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,480 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 18 2018 8:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
click here for link

Read this and tell me "things are not gonna get better". Despite the asshole "pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" people, workers rights have been on an upward trajectory for the past 100+ years. The biggest issue we face today is wage stagnation. That $12 an hour factory gig whiskeyx is gloating about was worth way more back in the 60s and 70s.

For most U.S. workers, real wages — that is, after inflation is taken into account — have been flat or even falling for decades, regardless of whether the economy has been adding or subtracting jobs.

In fact, in real terms the average wage peaked more than 40 years ago: The $4.03-an-hour rate recorded in January 1973 has the same purchasing power as $22.41 would today.

click here for link

This is why old dickheads who claim people today are lazy and back in their day they worked on less money are old dickheads who need to learn that they need to shut the fuck up.

The largest hurdle between us and fairer wages is people like whiskey and sidney who, for no reason at all, are resentful towards wages rising to adjust for inflation and the cost of living. It would do us and the economy very well to adjust the minimum wage as well as all wages for work like this. The only people benefiting from the status quo are rich people, who make money hand over fist while the average American worker's wage gets weaker and weaker.
Kev_in
One falls off
4,461 Posts
38/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (6)
Do you honestly believe things actually CAN change Derek? I don't. Even if the country elected a president with an agenda to raise minimum wage to $17 an hour I just believe everything else will go up across the board.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,480 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)

Originally posted by: Dickscraper

Have you ever been on a 12ft Boston Whaler with a 30 rack of keystone light and some serious babes? Def worth missing a few months of child support payments.

This I cannot argue with. I would buy a boat if a few things in my life were different.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,480 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 18 2018 8:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kev_in

Do you honestly believe things actually CAN change Derek? I don't. Even if the country elected a president with an agenda to raise minimum wage to $17 an hour I just believe everything else will go up across the board.

Yes. I honestly don't see why not. The "minimum wage will lead to unemployment" myth needs to go, too. The fact is that the minimum wage has not kept up with inflation, so we have a ways to go to raise the minimum wage before it would have any major negative consequences in the economy or unemployment.

The minimum wage has been increased many times, and it has never led to extensive layoffs or wild inflation.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,480 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 18 2018 8:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
In 1975 the minimum wage was $2.10. Adjusting for inflation, that is $9.82 in 2018 dollars. Today's minimum wage is $7.25, and that went into effect nearly 10 years ago.

Working poor and the lower and middle classes need to unite the fuck up over this. It is outrageous.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,480 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 18 2018 9:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I get the common complaint by sidney and other small business owners crying about how if the minimum wage increased they'd be out of business or what the fuck ever, but the fact is that's how the wages were distributed 50 years ago when the economy was on fire. So, suck it up, figure your shit out, and pull yourself up by your boostraps is gonna be my advice to them there. Your daddies did it and so can you.

Also before sidney gets too upset, I'm using you as an example of a person who says these things, but I'm not trying to call YOU out in particular. You're just the only example on this particular board who says this bullshit. There are many like you who most of my real anger lies with.
penisbong
Time Husk
896 Posts
50/M/NA

June 18 2018 9:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
My economic plan is get everybody a boat. Then add enough to minimum wage so that everyone can buy a 30 pack of keystone light every day. $17 should be fine and everyone is happy.
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (8)
June 18 2018 9:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Show has the best bloopers.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,803 Posts
42/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (1)
June 18 2018 9:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
When you can get clients to agree to pay more, insurance companies to bring down prices and control state agencies from controlling every aspect of a business we could pay more per hour.

Also I don't disagree that the minimum wage has not kept up with inflation....what would you expect me to do about that? If you say "pay more"....ok....see my first statement because without those things we go out of business with a per hour wage increase.
penisbong
Time Husk
896 Posts
50/M/NA

June 18 2018 9:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Sidney, get on board with the boat platform.

Pun intended.
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (8)
June 18 2018 9:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This thread is funny af today.
all threads All Threads ›› How to uninstall Monday from your life ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: How to uninstall Monday from your life

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?