all threads All Threads ›› How to uninstall Monday from your life ›› new reply Post Reply
Team vs. Team
Time Husk
139 Posts
21/M/NA

June 19 2018 12:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
who would win in a fight between onus and penus
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,799 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
June 19 2018 12:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dickscraper

The very idea that there are individuals who make more money than they are able to spend while there are droves of workers struggling to pay the bills is morally fucked the fuck up. The average CEO makes nearly 400 times the average bottom barrel worker. Surely there is a line, somewhere between 2 and 399, where we could fill that gap with a greater distribution of funds directed towards a greater number of people, rather than one individual.

This is a moral conundrum. To advocate for the CEO that makes millions upon millions over the day worker who makes $12 an hour is to be a complete chump.

>Do you think there are SO many of those types of cases that it would make a difference if they slashed those CEO's salaries?

Yes? I mean the answer is yes, so it's not a matter of what I think.

I'm not advocating for the government to necessarily straight up slash the salaries of CEOs. That's a bit too interventionist for me. I am advocating for 1.) The government to increase the tax rate on these people who make millions, so as to lessen the tax burden on those making less money. As it stands, the CEOs are getting the tax breaks and the day workers are shouldering the burden, 2.) Corporations and companies as a whole to take the moral high ground and spread the company's wealth to the entire workforce.

The onus is largely on the American people to use their votes and their spending dollars to influence this kind of thing. Unfortunately, as I stated before, we have dickheads like whiskeyx who self-hate and perpetuate the entire premise that nobody deserves anything better than they got so fuck it. Unfortunately with this mentality and action, the rich win by default.

I think your way off with what Whiskey is saying. I back his story 100%. My father was born poor, only has a public high school education and started working at 19. He worked his ASS off for years for the telephone company...retired from there and moved on to another part of his life where he managed a dealership which grew into several dealerships. He retired from that and is now doing this thing with brother and myself. He now fully enjoys the fruits of his labor and just like you hate....guess what he did? pulled his boot straps up and worked hard, show he could work hard and earned more because of it.

I admire that and I think it's something a lot of people out there need to realize. I find a lot of people out there are in the position they are in in life because of past choices....in fact I find that is usually the story opposed to they just have a black cloud that follows them around.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,476 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 19 2018 12:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You're misunderstanding.

All of that is great and is totally admirable. I don't 'hate' when people pull themselves up by their bootstraps. (That would be ridiculous.) I hate when people say shit like "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" when what they should be saying is "Hey we need to improve this system because things could be better."

Unfortunately complacency and resentment has fostered a generation of people who see disadvantage as some sort of bragging right. It should be a mark of shame that we have allowed people in our society to suffer through such a thing in the first place.

Again, there is nothing wrong with pulling oneself up by their bootstraps. There is everything wrong with not demanding every step of the way that the worker be given all of the advantages they can be afforded. This is very much a part of being American.

Sucking it up is a defeatist attitude and only benefits the rich. We should be fighting for better working conditions and better pay for our children. Not telling them to deal with it because it's the way we had it. We want them to be better off than we were.
Team vs. Team
Time Husk
139 Posts
21/M/NA

June 19 2018 12:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

they just have a black

racist
Team vs. Team
Time Husk
139 Posts
21/M/NA

June 19 2018 12:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

He worked his ASS ... He now fully enjoys the fruits

interested.jpg
Jxjxnnxn8x7657x8h
Time Husk
1,639 Posts
21/M/NA

offline  mobile reply 
June 19 2018 12:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Nice
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
June 19 2018 12:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dickscraper

You're misunderstanding.

All of that is great and is totally admirable. I don't 'hate' when people pull themselves up by their bootstraps. (That would be ridiculous.) I hate when people say shit like "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" when what they should be saying is "Hey we need to improve this system because things could be better."

So telling someone to do something that has the potential to change their situation immediately (get out and work their ass off and pay their bills) is what you hate because you would rather have them sit and wait until the laws are changed? How the hell does that make sense? That's like telling someone who is bleeding not to try and stop it but wait for an ambulance. You get off on putting words in my mouth a lot but I get it, you need me to be THAT person.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,476 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 19 2018 12:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
No. Your reading comprehension skills are abhorrent.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,476 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 19 2018 12:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: XWHISKEYX

That's like telling someone who is bleeding not to try and stop it but wait for an ambulance.

It's like telling someone who is bleeding out to try to stop it and not bother calling an ambulance at all because bleeding out builds character.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,476 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 19 2018 12:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Obviously (fucking obviously) one should do what they can with their situation. I addressed this by saying "pulling yourself up by your bootstraps is cool", or whatever. The problem comes when that is the end of the road for people with your mentality. The fact is you can both work hard AND agree that things should not be so shitty for future generations, all at the same time!

You should be both putting pressure on the wound AND calling an ambulance.
Kev_in
One falls off
4,453 Posts
38/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (6)
June 19 2018 1:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
One time a nurse asked me what I brought to the hospital with me while being admitted I replied "a bad attitude"
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
June 19 2018 1:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I want to bleed.
Jxjxnnxn8x7657x8h
Time Husk
1,639 Posts
21/M/NA

offline  mobile reply 
June 19 2018 1:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I agree with what cornscraper is saying but am confused if he thinks he is going to change anyonewhomsts mind by being such a raging fucking dickhead. If that isn't the goal then I'm not sure why he is posting about this. If it is, your people skills abhorrent.
Jxjxnnxn8x7657x8h
Time Husk
1,639 Posts
21/M/NA

offline  mobile reply 
June 19 2018 1:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Also, I want to measure our weiners and bank accounts.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,476 Posts
32/M/IL

offline  mobile reply   (11)
June 19 2018 1:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Mystical Fog of Gobulon

I agree with what cornscraper is saying but am confused if he thinks he is going to change anyonewhomsts mind by being such a raging fucking dickhead. If that isn't the goal then I'm not sure why he is posting about this. If it is, your people skills abhorrent.

Can't argue with this.
all threads All Threads ›› How to uninstall Monday from your life ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: How to uninstall Monday from your life

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?