all threads All Threads ›› How to uninstall Monday from your life ›› new reply Post Reply
Kev_in
One falls off
4,586 Posts
38/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (6)
June 18 2018 5:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Capitalism turned my son gay
xaidsx
Best Nerd
9,188 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (6)
June 18 2018 5:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
"i'm gay for capitalism" - your son
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
June 18 2018 5:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: XWHISKEYX

Originally posted by: Brett Weir

I also don’t mind working. It’s just objectively immoral and wrong that most people working full time still cannot afford to live therefore spend every waking hour working to feed themselves while being buttfucked by the modern aristocracy who hordes all of the perceived wealth because it’s the only way they can be sexually gratified.

I agree with this mostly except that I think that those working are not working the most ideal jobs to support a household. Any time someone has talked to me about getting a job I immediately tell them to go to the nearest factory and apply. Now I know that my area is not the baseline for every other town/city in America but for this conversation I will say that any factory job within a 50 mile radius of my house will pay you enough money to support a household and give you the basic bennies to live a decent life. I understand that in a lot of places people arent able to get these type of jobs for a variety of reasons (lack of transportation, etc) but honestly, go to a factory and you will walk in the door making at least $12 an hour. I have 2 friends each with their own businesses and they cannot find good employees. Every time they hire someone after a few weeks the people start calling out all the time, getting lazy on the job, etc. It's pretty nutso. I know Im not covering the wide range of variables related to your statement, its just my two cents.

I can tell you a thousand stories about terrible employees over the eight years I've been doing this.

We hire about 10 people a month and in about 3 months time maybe 2 or 3 or left. Mostly for call outs which can consist of a million different excuses
Cumby
Time Husk
10,854 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (4)
June 18 2018 5:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
"Dad, I'm gay"
-Capitalism c.a. 2005
ass nipples
old dancing boy
39,411 Posts
35/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (7)
June 18 2018 7:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Kev_in
One falls off
4,586 Posts
38/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (6)
June 18 2018 7:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Asshole don't wanna let the fur out
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,560 Posts
32/M/IL

offline  mobile reply   (11)
June 18 2018 7:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Wait so $12 an hour is enough to live a life on? Is that right?
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,560 Posts
32/M/IL

June 18 2018 7:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
That's like $700 per paycheck after taxes if we're being generous and you don't have a 401k.

Do that til retirement age and see where that gets you.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,777 Posts
33/F/PA

June 18 2018 7:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
My dog had a full blown panic attack today because some people came by and power washed my steps. He ate (2) plants (RIP), (1) curtain, peed on the carpet and dragged soil everywhere. The plant was in the kitchen but he brought the large one into the living room to make the kill.

No one wins in the scenario, obviously, because now he is quite sick and I feel bad. I also feel bad for my dog walker who walked in on the scene, for some crazy reason cleaned it mostly up, and let me know that she quit working for the company and this will be her last week. I’m not sure if the last part is correlated to today’s events...
ass nipples
old dancing boy
39,411 Posts
35/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (7)
June 18 2018 8:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dickscraper

That's like $700 per paycheck after taxes if we're being generous and you don't have a 401k.

Do that til retirement age and see where that gets you.

that seems extremely generous, unless you’re working 70-80 hours a week.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,560 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 18 2018 8:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah it's probably, what, more like $600-650 per paycheck? So it's even worse than I said.

Originally posted by: XWHISKEYX

I will say that any factory job within a 50 mile radius of my house will pay you enough money to support a household and give you the basic bennies to live a decent life.... but honestly, go to a factory and you will walk in the door making at least $12 an hour. I have 2 friends each with their own businesses and they cannot find good employees. Every time they hire someone after a few weeks the people start calling out all the time, getting lazy on the job, etc

How the fuck is that enough money to support a household? Gtfoh. Maybe your pal can't find reliable enough workers because they're paying horseshit wages.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,560 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
June 18 2018 8:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Rent near me in a totally shitty neighborhood for a 2 bedroom apartment not swarming with roaches is about $1,000 bare minimum. Utilities on top of that. If I had to support a wife and baby on $1,400 a month I'd off myself.
penisbong
Time Husk
916 Posts
50/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
June 18 2018 8:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I make $15 per hour and I just bought a boat.
Cumby
Time Husk
10,854 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (4)
should have thought about that before you chose to exist
Cumby
Time Husk
10,854 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (4)
i make $-69 per hour
all threads All Threads ›› How to uninstall Monday from your life ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: How to uninstall Monday from your life

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?