forum Sports Talk ›› Raphael Palmeiro ›› new reply Post Reply
exocannibal

how tripods work
1,457 Posts
37/M/NY

July 15 2005 3:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
So I was watching the hotlist on EPSN News a minute ago and John Stark was on there saying there are people who say Palmeiro should NOT be a hall of famer

Has anyone else heard people say this? Because 3,000 hits 500+ home runs is a feat Aarron, Murray, and Mays have only done. Hall of Fame, without a doubt
jawa
mark cuban
307 Posts
32/M/PA

offline     (2)
July 15 2005 4:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yes...yes he does
exocannibal
how tripods work
1,457 Posts
37/M/NY

July 15 2005 11:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I just think it's ridiculous to say he's not a hall of famer with the stats he's put up
deceptioncrown
suicide king
8,387 Posts
17/M/MA

offline   (16)
July 15 2005 11:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:BlackendWar

he wont get in on his first year of eligibility but he'll get in eventually. he has the stats, yes, but he's never once STARTED an all star game, and i dont think he has any world series rings. sometimes it's those intangibles that the committee looks at other than the stats. remember, it's the hall of FAME, not the hall of VERY GOOD.

i respect you and all.... but shit, saying he isnt a first ballot hall of famer is fucking short bus.... he is only the 4th player with 3000 hits and 500 hr's plus he'll probably hit 600 hr's
deceptioncrown
suicide king
8,387 Posts
17/M/MA

offline   (16)
July 16 2005 12:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

we'll just have to see. hey i'd vote him in, i just dont think members on the hall of fame comittee will.

trust me they will
exocannibal
how tripods work
1,457 Posts
37/M/NY

July 16 2005 9:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
he'll go first round
TheWrit
Deadwing
282 Posts
14/M/PA

offline   (1)
July 16 2005 9:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
he should in my opinion with the numbers he has put up...but never being part of a world series winning club def does a lot to hurt them great numbers

he'll be in by 2013 for sure
emofacial
NIGGA DICK
35,642 Posts
6/M/PA

offline   (2)
July 17 2005 12:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:exocannibal

he'll go first round

vote4Foley
www.spookcityusa.c
24,080 Posts
30/M/PA

offline     (10)
July 17 2005 12:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
first of all it's RAFAEL PALMEIRO.

Second, he gets overlooked a lot, but I can't see two people with better numbers retiring the same year as him. Maybe if Frank Thomas and Barry Bonds retire the same year, he won't be first ballot, but other than that, he has to be a first ballot guy.
resche37
feature presentati
1,007 Posts
19/M/NA

July 18 2005 11:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
it's the hall of FAME, not the hall of VERY GOOD.

uuh, only Hank Aaron, Willy Mays, and Eddie Murray also have 500 HR's and 3,000 hits.
Steve
Time Husk
32,578 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (1)
July 18 2005 2:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This guy gets no respect at all. Only 4 people have done this, and it's insane to say he isn't a hall of fame player. He wasn't just "VERY GOOD." I'm pretty sure he has a few gold gloves too. He gets overlooked because he bounces from team to team, and while I'm not sure of this, I think his playoff stats haven't been stellar.

To point out he never started an all-star game is pointless. Teams that do good have good attendance and more people vote at those ballparks, so those teams have more players starting the all-star game. Just look at the AL this season...4 Red Sox and 3 Yankees. Both of those teams sell out every single home game.

And it's the Baseball Writers Association of America that votes on eligible players, and after 20 years that player can't be voted in by them, but the hall of fame veterans committee can vote them in.
resche37
feature presentati
1,007 Posts
19/M/NA

July 20 2005 1:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There is no way he wont get in. I just dont know if he will get in the first time around. Sadly.
tomtomclub
Time Husk
182 Posts
39/M/VA

July 22 2005 3:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
He'll get in first ballot. He was never a dominate player, but you have to reward someone who has consistent production for so long. Didn't he go like 10 or 12 years with at least 37 HR?
goose.
loves the Phillies
962 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (9)
July 23 2005 11:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:crinkle crinkle

first of all it's RAFAEL PALMEIRO.

Second, he gets overlooked a lot, but I can't see two people with better numbers retiring the same year as him. Maybe if Frank Thomas and Barry Bonds retire the same year, he won't be first ballot, but other than that, he has to be a first ballot guy.

I struggle to believe that Frank Thomas is going to be a first ballot HOF. I love the guy, but do you think they will put in a DH?
goose.
loves the Phillies
962 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (9)
July 23 2005 7:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think he gets in, but not first ballot. His position is DH. If Edgar gets in first ballot then I agree Thomas does too, but I really doubt Edgar Martinez is going first ballot.
blackeyes
100%
47,277 Posts
34/M/AK

offline   (3)
July 23 2005 7:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
martinez will,but not first ballot.
forum Sports Talk ›› Raphael Palmeiro ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Raphael Palmeiro

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject