all threads All Threads ›› the food i eat make me feel like shit ›› new reply Post Reply
SSBSTS

poker slut
6,235 Posts
37/M/NJ

offline   (2)
November 28 2005 10:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
and i'm sick of it. especially after thanksgiving. i have felt so weak and tired, and overall just shitty.

I want to feel more energized, and healthy.

so far i've decided the following about my new diet....

i do not want to give up eating chicken. but instead of hot wings covered in blue cheese, i'll grill a breast, and eat it plain.

red meat - maybe once every 2 months

fish - 2-3 times a week.

veggies - everyday. and i'm going to start eating at least one piece of fruit a day.

any advice is appreciated...
KOMMANDER
still trill.
20,200 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (21)
November 28 2005 10:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think that's a swell idea. i could help you out with a vegan diet, but the choices listed above seem reasonable and healthy.
chris_born
Time Husk
335 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline   (3)
November 28 2005 10:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
red meat is not really that bad for you, unles you have really high cholestorol. just eat leaner cuts of meat. its good protein
thisgirldesire
loves jews.
28,277 Posts
35/F/AZ

offline   (19)
November 28 2005 10:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
awesome plan. don't forget about beverages too. soda is crap for you and even diet isn't fantastic. lots and lots of water is really good and remember: light beer doesn't mean you can drink more because it's light beer. also, snacks and crap like that suck up your energy.

shit, i need to start taking my own advice...personally, i'm trying to cut down on all the carbs i eat. pasta is such an easy fix, but it's getting to the point that i'm eating it too often, so i'm cutting back and when i go out to eat, i'm getting a salad or steamed veggies.
SSBSTS
poker slut
6,235 Posts
37/M/NJ

offline   (2)
November 28 2005 10:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
thanks.

i dont think i'll do well with a vegan diet. but vegetarian meals are ok in my book.

the choices ive made so far and WAY more healthy than the foods i've been eating. pretty much every sunday during football this year has been filled with hot wings, cheese, chips&dip, beer, and chili.

and i love every bit of it. but that night, and the day after, i regret it so much...
smorgasgeorge
-
20,880 Posts
35/M/CA

offline     (9)
November 28 2005 10:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
If you want more energy, take in less caffeine. No caffeine at all is even better.
SSBSTS
poker slut
6,235 Posts
37/M/NJ

offline   (2)
November 28 2005 10:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: chris_born

red meat is not really that bad for you, unles you have really high cholestorol. just eat leaner cuts of meat. its good protein

thats the thing, i do have high cholestorol. besides, there are plenty other things to eat for protein.
dfklgnskdfas
Back From The Ashe
2,524 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (1)
November 28 2005 10:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Elk, caribou, and moose are hard to come by the further south you live, but the meat is incredibly lean and tastes awesome (except for moose, which tastes exactly like whatever you cook it with)
SSBSTS
poker slut
6,235 Posts
37/M/NJ

offline   (2)
November 28 2005 10:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: thisgirldesire

soda is crap for you and even diet isn't fantastic. lots and lots of water is really good

yea i definately hear you there. i've cut soda out. i hate how it fills me up too.

i love water, and will continue to drink massive amounts of it.

i'm gonna have a hard time with beer though.

SSBSTS
poker slut
6,235 Posts
37/M/NJ

offline   (2)
November 28 2005 10:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Troglodyte

Elk, caribou, and moose are hard to come by the further south you live, but the meat is incredibly lean and tastes awesome (except for moose, which tastes exactly like whatever you cook it with)

thats very interesting. i love trying new things. i'm gona try to get hold of some caribou. that would be awesome.

right now my freezer is filled with sausage, chicken, and pork chops.
i need to get rid of it all, and start from scratch.
SSBSTS
poker slut
6,235 Posts
37/M/NJ

offline   (2)
November 28 2005 10:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Star Savage

i know its gross...but eat a lot of fiber and greens. your intestines are dirty and thats why you feel like shit...so try to 'go' alot and empty yourself out.

i 'went' twice today. i'm drinking tons of water to flush myself out too.
thisgirldesire
loves jews.
28,277 Posts
35/F/AZ

offline   (19)
November 28 2005 10:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
a colonic might be a bit extreme...
SSBSTS
poker slut
6,235 Posts
37/M/NJ

offline   (2)
November 28 2005 10:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
colon cleanse?
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (2)
November 28 2005 10:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i defintley need to get back on the diet/exercise path. Ive been in the hospital twice now for what i thought were gall bladder attacks, but ultarsounds show that i dont have stones, so now they dont know what it is. But the incredibly intense pain that ends me up in the ER are defintley from eating like garbage. I was at 200 when i lived in Atlanta the begining of the year, but ive put on at least 25-30 pounds since i moved back. Terrible.
SSBSTS
poker slut
6,235 Posts
37/M/NJ

offline   (2)
November 28 2005 10:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Peter Forsberg

i defintley need to get back on the diet/exercise path. Ive been in the hospital twice now for what i thought were gall bladder attacks, but ultarsounds show that i dont have stones, so now they dont know what it is. But the incredibly intense pain that ends me up in the ER are defintley from eating like garbage. I was at 200 when i lived in Atlanta the begining of the year, but ive put on at least 25-30 pounds since i moved back. Terrible.

dude, i think i get that same kind of pain. what i thought it was, was a clogged artery. it felt like my blood was having trouble flowing thru, and would get stuck, hurt like fucking hell for like a minute, and then pass....

DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (2)
November 28 2005 10:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
well, my pain starts on my upper right abdomen, directly underneath the ribcage, which is where gall bladder, pancreas and a lot of digestive organs are. Then it just branches out into my entire right side, like an intense burning, then it just feels like someone is stabbing my insides and the pain travels around into my back. its enough to make me cry and wretch, and wish i was dead. it hurts that bad. I went to the hospital wendesday night (second time in 2 weeks) and i laid in the bed for 2 hours crying before they gave me the good shit to mask the pain. And boy did i love that drug, whatever it was.
all threads All Threads ›› the food i eat make me feel like shit ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: the food i eat make me feel like shit

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?