all threads All Threads ›› KILLZONE for PS2 ›› new reply Post Reply
dfklgnskdfas

Back From The Ashe
2,524 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (1)
January 4 2006 11:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Futuristic, apocalyptic urban combat, this game is fucking insane. The AI is awesome, the enemy dives for cover as soon as you fire a shot before flanking you and pinning you down with suppressing fire. I've been impressed with this game for at least two weeks solid.
Sully624
residentTMLfan
3,472 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (4)
January 4 2006 12:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'd give it a 5.5/10. Major clipping troubles and glitches, the AI with grenade launchers are fucked, you hear them firing and landing right around you often killing you before you even come close to seeing the guy shooting it. The opening chapters in the city were great, but after that it just got boring and drawn out, and I found the save points way too far apart. But thats just my opinion. The up parts, good graphics and sound, and you can play as 4 different characters.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
January 4 2006 12:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah I got tired of this game after the first few levels.
dfklgnskdfas
Back From The Ashe
2,524 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (1)
January 4 2006 1:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It's going to be one of the key games of the PS3 when it hits the market this Spring and all the drawbacks listed are being addressed for the enhanced version.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
January 4 2006 1:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well that's good, too bad PS3 is pushed back possibly to 2007 now.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
January 4 2006 1:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
When is the system launching?

Sony is currently quoting a Spring 2006 launch. Whether this is the timeframe for the Japanese launch only, the North American launch or a worldwide release is unknown. Sony's past products have been launched in Japan first, North America roughly six months later and then Europe and the rest of the world sometime thereafter.

When is the likelihood of a simultaneous worldwide release (like the Xbox 360)?

Given the fact that Sony has shipped less than 500 dev kits to developers so far, and doesn't plan on ramping up its production of 3000 new units per month until October, the chances of having enough software and finished hardware to meet even a fraction of the demand for a worldwide release would be pretty low. Officially, though, there is no confirmed answer.
dfklgnskdfas
Back From The Ashe
2,524 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (1)
January 4 2006 1:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've heard the same things, it's inconclusive at best.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
January 4 2006 1:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah, all I'm saying is don't get your hopes up for this spring.
dfklgnskdfas
Back From The Ashe
2,524 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (1)
January 4 2006 2:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Oh, there's no way I'd buy that shit in the spring, I don't feel like paying that much cash. I'll do like I did with my PS2 and wait a year or two, that lowers the price and allows SONY to pick out a lot of the bugs. What was that shit going down with the X-BOX 360, the processor overheated way too quick or something?
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
January 4 2006 2:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well I have a 360 and I can dispell or at least clear up some of that....

Like a rack-head amplifier or something similar, the 360 needs breathing room because the shit in it is so powerful, it generates a lot of heat. People weren't heeding this warning and were putting it in enclosed areas. The same thing goes for the power supply (roughly the size of a brick). People were just throwing the power supply in with all the other messes of wires they probably have behind their TV, and shit overheated. I have a small personal size fan behind mine and I have never had even the slightest problem. Sure, it's a small inconvenience, but you have to expect certain bugs with launch. I was willing to place an extremely small fan behind my 360 if it meant having it at launch. And I feel you on waiting a few years, that's what I normally do, I just wanted to get a system at launch for once in my life, and I don't regret it at all, especially since the 360 is upgradable just like XP
dfklgnskdfas
Back From The Ashe
2,524 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (1)
January 5 2006 10:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I played HALO 2 and detested it. The hit detection was terrible and the whole gameplay experience was awkward and somewhat forced. Unreal Tournament 2004, now THERE's a great FPS, best on-line experience I've had in a long time, I've been on that shit for over a year now. Of course it's for PC and Mac, but it still kicks copious amounts of ass.
all threads All Threads ›› KILLZONE for PS2 ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: KILLZONE for PS2

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?