all threads All Threads ›› International Fight League ›› new reply Post Reply
xBrutalizerx

Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
March 22 2006 10:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Have you guys heard of this? It's a team-based MMA league, held in NJ in a ring under Pride-like rules, without soccer kicks. I like the concept, and like the fact that Bas Rutten is one of the team coaches, but don't like the no elbows, no soccer kicks rules.
www.ifl.tv
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
March 27 2006 1:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
none of you fuckers care about this?
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,205 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
March 27 2006 1:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
ive never heard of it. wren probably has
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
March 27 2006 2:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
im going to the first event.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
March 27 2006 2:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i love the rules...it makes the fight more fast paced and doesn't allow them to be stopped by a cut...it makes the winner have to actually beat his opponent...and with the 3 minute round they are going to stand people up real fast if they just lay there..i like that...it will make the ground guys work so much faster for a sub or better position instead of sitting there waiting for their opponent to make a mistake...

i think this has potential to be the UFC's biggest threat...especially since Miletich, Bas, Mo, and Henzo all signed on as coaches. they even have some named fighters competing like Travis Wuiff, Ivan Salaverry, Mike Pyle, and Alex Schoener
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
March 28 2006 11:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think it sounds great save for everything but the no-soccer-kicks rule. I love the Silvatudinosity of soccer kicks.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
March 29 2006 8:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
if you are talking about a front kick to the face of a downed opponent then i suggest stop watching the UFC as well....kicking a downed opponent in the face is banned in the US. its not banned in Pride, as you can tell they allow stomping a downed opponents face.
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
March 29 2006 11:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
It's banned because one can use the cage to put more force into the kicks. UFC allows elbows to the face, though Pride doesn't. This league takes away both.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
March 29 2006 11:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
how can someone use the cage for more force? im im going to plant my shin into some dudes grill while he's on the ground im going to do it in the middle of the ring/cage...you need some room to get a good wind up. holding onto the cage would only work for a stomping to control balance. Wanderlai uses the top ring rope when stomps.
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
March 30 2006 4:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You could use the cage to the same effect. Are they allowing stomps? That much wasn't clear.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
March 31 2006 10:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
stomps are most dangerous so i doubt it.
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
March 31 2006 12:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
shitty.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
March 31 2006 2:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
eh..i can see why they are banned so i don't complain. stomping or kicking a downed opponent is kind of a weak way to win anyway.
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
March 31 2006 3:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
tell that Wanderlei.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 2 2006 12:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:xBrutalizerx

tell that Wanderlei.

im not really a wanderlai fan...i do like chute boxe as a whole and i have trained with ninja and shogun...wanderlai has alot of trouble with decent fighters (example: arona, crocop..he even had trouble with sakuraba)...and Pride fed him alot of cans in order to save their champion. He's exciting when he's winning and thats what Pride wants. I mean shit they are really feeding Fedor cans too...come on now...did anyone really think that Zulu had a chance? his odds were -1500
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
April 4 2006 9:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I love the Wanderlei vs. tomato can fights, haha. Comedy at it's height. As for Wanderlei's issues with good fighters, I think his problem with Arona is pace, and he can't get distance to strike, crocop outweighed him by a considerable amount, and he killed Saku multiple times. Look at Wanderlei v Rampage- he killed him, and Rampage beat the UFC's golden boy, Liddell.

Fedor's a beast, and has beaten all comers, though Zulu was just for fun.
all threads All Threads ›› International Fight League ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: International Fight League

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?