xBrutalizerx

Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
April 28 2006 9:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Thor, Hulk, Captain America ... and a Few More New Marvels
Posted by Scott Weinberg on Friday, Apr. 28, 2006, 04:30 AM

Scott Weinberg writes: "While the hiring of Jon Favreau as "Iron Man" director is pretty exciting movie-geek news, it seems that Marvel's Avi Arad has a whole bunch of new projects just waiting to get underway. In addition to the Iron Guy's first adventure, we can now report some progress on titles like "The Ant Man," "Captain America," "Hulk 2," "Nick Fury," and (yes!) "Thor."

The bullet points:

-- "Iron Man" will be directed by Jon Favreau ("Zathura"). Screenplay by newcomer writing team Matt Holloway & Arthur Marcum. Production is supposed to begin in January.

-- "Hulk 2" will be written by Zak Penn, whose previous screeplays are an eclectic mix indeed: "Last Action Hero," "PCU," "Inspector Gadget," "Behind Enemy Lines," "X-Men 2," "Incident at Loch Ness," "Suspect Zero," "Elektra," and "X-Men: The Last Stand." (Previous reports indicate that Hulk's villain will be "Abomination," which is a very cool name for a villain.)

-- "Ant Man" will be directed by "Shaun of the Dead" co-creator Edgar Wright. (Cool!)

-- "Captain America" will be written by comic-expert David Self, who previously penned "The Haunting," "Thirteen Days," "Road to Perdition," and the (eventually) upcoming "Sub-Mariner" and "Deathlok."

-- "Nick Fury" is being written by Andrew Marlowe, credited screenwriter on "Air Force One," "End of Days," and "Hollow Man."

-- "Thor" will be written by Mark Protosevich, the scribe behind "The Cell" and "Poseidon."

Click right here for the whole juicy article at THR, which is packed with stuff that comic freaks should really enjoy."
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
April 28 2006 9:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wonder which Thor comics they'll base their story off of. The only one I've really read through was the short Vikings series with Garth Ennis, and I was surprised to find that one of my favorite writers ever could write the worst graphic novel I've ever read.
GoodTimesGone
cubic time cube
51,395 Posts
44/F/ND

offline   (57)
April 28 2006 9:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I couldn't possibly imagine anyone other than David Hasselhof playing Nick Fury.

NY Hooligan
Jx
1,015 Posts
31/M/NY

offline   (2)
April 28 2006 9:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
most of these movies had been in production hell for the past 5 years, i remeber the watching the original capt. america movie back when it was in the 90's its was okay, i also saw the nick fury tv movie, that was stupid as hell. otherwise i would like to see these movies come out. I know that there will never be a avenger movie due to copyright/ politics of the characters. only those cartoon movies. other than that i hope these movies come to the theaters
MOGARTH
Mr.Street
6,361 Posts
32/M/PA

April 28 2006 4:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
-- "Thor" will be written by Mark Protosevich, the scribe behind "The Cell" and "Poseidon."

i hope to god there not refering to the remake whhy the fuck would you need some to write a script for a movie thats already been made fucking STOOOPID
Tom Chambers
Left to Rot
259 Posts
38/M/IN

offline   (3)
April 28 2006 5:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ant man is getting a movie? Who the fuck cares about that loser Marvel character?

The Thor movie could be cool if they go with the death of Loki storyline. It is also nice to see Iron Man will finally go into production.
stix.
life = impossible
3,814 Posts
31/M/WA

offline   (2)
April 29 2006 12:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't care about any of these movies. Unless hulk 2 manages not to suck as much as the first. and seriously, antman? what the fuck.
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
April 29 2006 1:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
most of these come out shitty because people try to tack on needless drama and flashiness to them to make them blockbusters.
dan the jew
drop a hard J
17,175 Posts
39/M/CA

offline   (4)
April 29 2006 1:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
thor would be cool if it was based on norse mythology and not the comic book.
Louis Mozart
350125 go
850 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 29 2006 2:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
iron man should be cool. i remember him from spiderman animated on FoxKids also the marvel vs. capcom games. i dont read comics
goose.
loves the Phillies
962 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (9)
April 29 2006 10:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I will probably see all of these. Thor is going to be tough for them to make, because who could actually pull of the Norse god of thunder?
MOGARTH
Mr.Street
6,361 Posts
32/M/PA

April 29 2006 11:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: dan hardluck

thor would be cool if it was based on norse mythology and not the comic book.

indeed i woudl love to see that
xBrutalizerx
Stronger than all
7,005 Posts
91/M/PA

offline   (13)
May 2 2006 11:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:goose.

I will probably see all of these. Thor is going to be tough for them to make, because who could actually pull of the Norse god of thunder?

Marius Pudzianowski.
Cory Monster
life is gawbage
22,796 Posts
39/M/NY

offline     (11)
May 6 2006 5:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

none of these flicks have ever been good

also, they were all supposed to be done in the 90s

all threads All Threads ›› Upcoming Marvel movies ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Upcoming Marvel movies

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB