all threads All Threads ›› Israel didn't plan the Lebanon conflict ›› new reply Post Reply
dfklgnskdfas

Back From The Ashe
2,524 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (1)
August 23 2006 8:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Many people will say they did just because it's Israel. Here's why I think differently:

Israeli troops were incredibly ill-equipped and totally misguided for the assault, the actual troop testimonies are on record at National Public Radio. Guns were too outdated and malfunctioned, body armor was rotted, officers couldn't make decisions, generals couldn't decide, etc...
Israeli infantry are already camped around the Parliament demanding that people step out of office for their ineptitude.
If this were planned it would have followed through like a plan, instead of becoming a political suicide act and a revolt of the military itself.
I think what happened is this:
Israel makes a monumental step towards actual peace and hands back the Gaza strip to the arabs. As everyone knows, arabs with guns have the mindset of a looter on crack that thumps a bible, so instead of appreciating a humble move by Israel in their favor, they kidnap soldiers because all this peace has left them with nothing to do. Why not try and start a war? Israel says "What the fuck", realizes their gift was in vain, and bombs the fuck out of Lebanon before sending an unprepared army into a political ambush. They also bomb the gaza strip, probably because the palestinians were celebrating like they did on 9-11 and the Israelis aren't too squeamish to say "SHUT THE FUCK UP".
Bad move? you know it. The arabs got what they wanted, and I would bet money that THEY planned this shit.
Dwarn
9/11 = Inside Job
5,981 Posts
45/M/PA

offline   (1)
August 23 2006 9:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Palestinians DID NOT CELEBRATE ON 9/11.

Israel is under no threat other than what it creates itself in its deceptive and neverending attempt to destabilize the whole world so it can expand its borders. This is presented as "heroism" on American media (Zionist-owned TV networks), which most Americans still regard as essentially unbiased.

Did you see this?

http://interface.audiovideoweb.com/lnk/ca25win25213/ricks.wmv/play.asx

KURTZ: Tom Ricks, you've covered a number of military conflicts, including Iraq, as I just mentioned. Is civilian casualties increasingly going to be a major media issue? In conflicts where you don't have two standing armies shooting at each other?

THOMAS RICKS, REPORTER, "THE WASHINGTON POST": I think it will be. But I think civilian casualties are also part of the battlefield play for both sides here. One of the things that is going on, according to some U.S. military analysts, is that Israel purposely has left pockets of Hezbollah rockets in Lebanon, because as long as they're being rocketed, they can continue to have a sort of moral equivalency in their operations in Lebanon.

KURTZ: Hold on, you're suggesting that Israel has deliberately allowed Hezbollah to retain some of it's fire power, essentially for PR purposes, because having Israeli civilians killed helps them in the public relations war here?

RICKS: Yes, that's what military analysts have told me.

KURTZ: That's an extraordinary testament to the notion that having people on your own side killed actually works to your benefit in that nobody wants to see your own citizens killed but it works to your benefit in terms of the battle of perceptions here.

RICKS: Exactly. It helps you with the moral high ground problem, because you know your operations in Lebanon are going to be killing civilians as well.

That's what Israel calls "moral high ground."
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 24 2006 9:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The original Israeli soldier to be captured was captured most likely not because of the "let's start a war" mentality but because of the humanitarian crisis caused by Israel and the rest of the world in the Gaza strip by limiting stopping funds and limiting border openings.

Then the attack on the family on the beach of Gaza (and the subsequent covering up of said attack) by Israel led to parts of Hamas' military wing calling for an end of truce.

The bombing campaign on Gaza following these events was what led to Hezbollah's decision to capture 2 Israeli soldiers. As the US and Israel had been waiting for an oppourtunity to hit Hezbollah in the hope of disarming/dismantling them for a few months, and this was a perfect oppourtunity.

It seems there really isn't a fantastic explanation to why Israel were so ill-prepared.
dfklgnskdfas
Back From The Ashe
2,524 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (1)
August 24 2006 7:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Dwarn

Palestinians DID NOT CELEBRATE ON 9/11.

Israel is under no threat other than what it creates itself in its deceptive and neverending attempt to destabilize the whole world so it can expand its borders. This is presented as "heroism" on American media (Zionist-owned TV networks), which most Americans still regard as essentially unbiased.

Did you see this?

http://interface.audiovideoweb.com/lnk/ca25win25213/ricks.wmv/play.asx

KURTZ: Tom Ricks, you've covered a number of military conflicts, including Iraq, as I just mentioned. Is civilian casualties increasingly going to be a major media issue? In conflicts where you don't have two standing armies shooting at each other?

THOMAS RICKS, REPORTER, "THE WASHINGTON POST": I think it will be. But I think civilian casualties are also part of the battlefield play for both sides here. One of the things that is going on, according to some U.S. military analysts, is that Israel purposely has left pockets of Hezbollah rockets in Lebanon, because as long as they're being rocketed, they can continue to have a sort of moral equivalency in their operations in Lebanon.

KURTZ: Hold on, you're suggesting that Israel has deliberately allowed Hezbollah to retain some of it's fire power, essentially for PR purposes, because having Israeli civilians killed helps them in the public relations war here?

RICKS: Yes, that's what military analysts have told me.

KURTZ: That's an extraordinary testament to the notion that having people on your own side killed actually works to your benefit in that nobody wants to see your own citizens killed but it works to your benefit in terms of the battle of perceptions here.

RICKS: Exactly. It helps you with the moral high ground problem, because you know your operations in Lebanon are going to be killing civilians as well.

That's what Israel calls "moral high ground."

1.) Yes they did.
2.) Israel has been under threat since it's inception from more than one nation. And if surrendering the Gaza Strip is considered as Israel expanding its borders, then today is opposite day. And of course it's depicted as heroism, fucking duh, Israel is the only democratic ally we have in the Middle East and they aren't Muslim; why the hell are you acting like it's a big surprise that our media slants toward their actions?
3.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently you chose to ignore that in my post the fact that I didn't comment on any kind of "high morality" in my post. That's just something you stuck in because you're anti-semitic (though you will claim you're anti-zionist, it's such a cooler word than anti-semitic). Also, the dialogue is merely a biased reporter making allegations, and I'm sure you'll waste some more bandwidth with more of your links, but be assured that I won't read them just because you're a complete father-knows-best, parental wanna-be waste of my time. Once again, you're jock-headed arrogance kills your message, way to win another one for Bush and the Zionists (by the way, are you on their payroll yet?).
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
August 24 2006 8:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
10 bucks says Dwarn owns a copy of the Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion.
thevengenceaz
king hippo
10,585 Posts
36/N/A/AZ

offline   (1)
August 24 2006 10:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'll add 20 that its signed.
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
August 24 2006 10:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
do you know what the Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion is?
thevengenceaz
king hippo
10,585 Posts
36/N/A/AZ

offline   (1)
August 24 2006 11:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
no.

but i know what you are probably refering to is the "protocols of the meetings of the learned elders of Zion"

in which case it would be really funny if his copy was signed.

i work in a book store, we sell that shit.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 25 2006 11:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
And if surrendering the Gaza Strip is considered as Israel expanding its borders, then today is opposite day.

Expanding its borders is considered expanding its borders....That's what Israel was doing while handing over Gaza and I'm sure it's still happening now...
thevengenceaz
king hippo
10,585 Posts
36/N/A/AZ

offline   (1)
August 25 2006 11:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: ajmastrean

@thevengeanceaz
You book story working, long greasy hair having, Noam Chomsky reading, funny tea sipping, ... conservative?

don't forget i smell of pachouli oils
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 25 2006 11:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
And you do drugs you fucking shithippie.
thevengenceaz
king hippo
10,585 Posts
36/N/A/AZ

offline   (1)
August 25 2006 11:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
give me drugs man

Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
August 25 2006 7:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: thevengenceaz

no.

but i know what you are probably refering to is the "protocols of the meetings of the learned elders of Zion"

in which case it would be really funny if his copy was signed.

i work in a book store, we sell that shit.

haha alright. signed by who then? that's what caught me off haha.

seriously though, I guarantee many of Dwarn's Zionist statements and conspiracy theories that he gets from the websites he visits owed many concepts to things written by people who believed the Protocols. almost all of the basic ideas about Zionist conspiracy theories or general beliefs about Zionists on conspiracy sites line up with the general idea of the Protocols.

the jews own almost everything, and they're working to own everything, they're taking over the world!! jew bankers!!! Zionist owned press!! Zionist world domination!!!
all threads All Threads ›› Israel didn't plan the Lebanon conflict ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Israel didn't plan the Lebanon conflict

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?