forum Hardcore, Metal, Punk Rock, Emo ›› How is Satanic Warmaster NOT nsbm? ›› new reply Post Reply
Xos

EQUIMANTHORN
2,814 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 31 2006 6:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've seen people try to argue that they're not, but I'm not seeing it. Can anyone clarify?
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,231 Posts
7/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 1 2006 12:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Nazi or not, they're fucking assrendous. Them being nazi just makes me hate them as people.
brenoritvrezorkre
tortiteniphates
26,685 Posts
29/M/CA

offline   (3)
November 1 2006 1:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Satanic Warmaster rules.
Mike²
Calmer than you ar
5,448 Posts
29/M/PA

November 1 2006 2:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
h8h8h8h8h8h8h8h8h8h8h8h8
The Fallen
One of the few
2,625 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (6)
November 1 2006 6:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't like them anyway.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (1)
November 1 2006 8:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
After reading the lyrics of Strength And Honour, they're clearly Nazis, or want to be X-tream!!! by pretending to be Nazis.

Now I'll know not to check them out. Disappointing to, because I always kind of liked the name of the band.
Program Files
None
8,007 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (1)
November 1 2006 3:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
^exactly, more than half of metal is about raping women, dismembering people and killing babies...
Xos
EQUIMANTHORN
2,814 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 1 2006 6:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think it's a ploy to make them more "evil." Carelian Satanist Madness is an amazing album and the lyrics are outrageously dumb and "evil" overall, so I'm not too offended.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (1)
November 2 2006 7:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:oprahwinfrey

Originally posted by: Sharplimbed

After reading the lyrics of Strength And Honour, they're clearly Nazis, or want to be X-tream!!! by pretending to be Nazis.

Now I'll know not to check them out. Disappointing to, because I always kind of liked the name of the band.

who cares.

Me, it puts me off listening to music even when it's good if I know it's made by Nazis.

Originally posted by: Michael Ryder

^exactly, more than half of metal is about raping women, dismembering people and killing babies...

Yeah, and so are horror movies, but I'd never want to see the real thing, and if these bands actually done any of this shit, I'd be pretty repulsed and would find it much more difficult to listen to them.

Also, there's tons of black metal bands that I haven't heard and want to hear that I could check out at any time, and now I know that this one is Nazi shit.

And it's not like I can't listen to music that I disagree with, but when you're singing about the aryan race and shit, I really can't get into it, because I'm constantly thinking about how lame the members of whatever band must be.
Xos
EQUIMANTHORN
2,814 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 2 2006 10:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Unfortunately, a large number of black metal bands are pseudo-Nazi morons. My family is Jewish, so it hits closer to home for me than probably most of the people here. When it comes to Satanic Warmaster, I really believe they're just using it to appear more evil. I mean, really... read their lyrics. The band is fucking ridiculous, there's nothing at all threatening by a band with a song called "Blessed Be, The Grim Art." I'm not listening to them for their pearls of philosophical wisdom, I'm not hanging out with them, I'm enjoying their music for what it is. Granted, I'm not going to go out and buy an album that talks about their Nazi shit, (the most recent Satanic Warmaster album doesn't even reference it at all) but if we disregarded every fuckup who said something with which we didn't agree, metal would consist of about half a dozen shitty, shitty bands.
The Fallen
One of the few
2,625 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (6)
November 2 2006 1:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
How can anybody take this seriously...

Xos
EQUIMANTHORN
2,814 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 2 2006 7:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:The Fallen

How can anybody take this seriously...

(Loser from Graveland goes here)

It's sad to think that at some point, he and others looked at that picture and said, "Yes, this image represents me as an artist."

For a really good essay on extremism in black metal, check out http://www.live4metal.com/ultimate-extremism.htm
chris_born
Time Husk
335 Posts
34/M/NJ

offline   (3)
November 2 2006 7:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
or just read "Lords of Chaos"
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,231 Posts
7/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 3 2006 1:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Or just don't listen to black metal.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (1)
November 3 2006 7:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Xos

Unfortunately, a large number of black metal bands are pseudo-Nazi morons. My family is Jewish, so it hits closer to home for me than probably most of the people here. When it comes to Satanic Warmaster, I really believe they're just using it to appear more evil. I mean, really... read their lyrics. The band is fucking ridiculous, there's nothing at all threatening by a band with a song called "Blessed Be, The Grim Art." I'm not listening to them for their pearls of philosophical wisdom, I'm not hanging out with them, I'm enjoying their music for what it is. Granted, I'm not going to go out and buy an album that talks about their Nazi shit, (the most recent Satanic Warmaster album doesn't even reference it at all) but if we disregarded every fuckup who said something with which we didn't agree, metal would consist of about half a dozen shitty, shitty bands.

Maybe you're right, but like I said, a song that talks about the Aryan race and shit, if I can hear it doing that, will put me off.

I can listen to bands that burn churches or whatever because I consider them weirdos, but somewhat fascinating weirdos (in a similar way that I find cannibals or serial killers fascinating), but being a Nazi does not fascinate me at all, it makes me think they're probably pretty stupid (I know not all Nazis are stupid, but a lot are).
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
31/M/CA

offline     (33)
November 3 2006 2:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
why do people even care so much? it makes as much sense as people not listening because it's christian. it's always a plus if it's cool, but I do not give a shit, at all, about lyrical and artistic themes in a band if I like their music.

I sometimes kind of wish I was black or Jewish or something so I could actually be offended by something. but most of you aren't even Jewish and none of their content affects your life in any way so if you enjoy the music, go with it and ignore the subject matter.
forum Hardcore, Metal, Punk Rock, Emo ›› How is Satanic Warmaster NOT nsbm? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: How is Satanic Warmaster NOT nsbm?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?