forum Sports Talk ›› fedor vs. monson? ›› new reply Post Reply
lord sauron

city of champions
9,020 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (8)
December 2 2006 2:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i read this is supposed to happen in russia in march? shit it ridiculous. fedor by tko in under 2 minutes.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,474 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (18)
December 2 2006 4:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah i saw that too. i didnt know if it was true or not though. if it goes down it will be a hell of a fight. a lot better match up for monson than tim was.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,474 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (18)
December 2 2006 4:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
is it going to be in that bodog org, or pride? they are both still uner contract with pride & the ufc respectively. i know fedor has one fight left on his contract....
wren?
numero uno
philosopher
3,003 Posts
63/M/TX

December 2 2006 4:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
freddy fender vs. marilyn manson?
CoryOrton
CKO
750 Posts
30/M/PA

December 3 2006 9:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: FireBeerMidgets

is it going to be in that bodog org, or pride? they are both still uner contract with pride & the ufc respectively. i know fedor has one fight left on his contract....
wren?

BoDog.

I'm a big fan of Monson so I'll root for him, but its Fedor.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,173 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (19)
December 3 2006 10:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Its a Bodog Fight.

Which if you watched that horrible PPV last night i feel sorry for you. Some of the worst production ever and Bif Naked pushed it over the top in the horribleness.

I didn't even see the only fight i would have liked to watch (Alvarez vs. Riley) but i did catch a few fights and alot were drawn out to boring decisions...especially the Sonnen fight.

Monson has the chin to go for a while with Fedor. I'm giving Monson the credit that he won't get submitted but eventually the punishment is going to catch up to him. But even with that said i think its going to be a way better fight than his fight with Sylvia. Fedor isn't as tall as Sylvia so Monson will probably be able to get him down and work more. Fedor pushes the fight more than Sylvia does so it will be an aggresive fight. I'm saying Fedor by unanimous decision.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,474 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (18)
December 3 2006 12:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
how are they fighting with another org though?
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,474 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (18)
December 3 2006 9:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (8)
December 3 2006 10:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i dont know. i could seriously see a ref ending this fast. we're talking about fedor here. if big nog cant stop fedors gnp, then i dont think monson can... though monson probably is stronger.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,474 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (18)
December 3 2006 11:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
three rounds? im gonna have to agree with wren. monson wont get subed and is strong enough to hold off the gNp for a while, but he'll take a beating while on his back. fedor-unanimous decision
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (8)
December 4 2006 11:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
how long are the rounds? i think monson has a chance of being subbed if he takes enough of a beating.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,474 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (18)
December 5 2006 10:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (8)
December 6 2006 12:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
word. after seeing that picture up close, i know fedor definitely cant choke out monson... dude has no neck.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,173 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (19)
December 6 2006 8:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Monson is going to take his worst punishment standing up. Fedor is deadly accurate with his hands and although Monson is a decent boxer and knows how to work the pocket, he's kinda sloppy. Monson is definitely stronger than Minotauro and Fedor. Honestly, Fedor has never been to the ground with someone as strong as Monson. The GNP will be there but not as brutal as you'd expect. Monson is going to do fine on his back or at any point on the ground. As a matter of fact, Monson's best chances of winning are on the ground.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,173 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (19)
December 6 2006 8:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
oh and to answer the question how each of them are fighting for a different promotion...

Fedor is on a Fight by Fight contract with DSE. After his fight on NYE he is technically a free agent. Same thing with Cro-Cop (who was offered a contract from Zuffa). Monson's last contracted fight with the UFC was his title fight. He isn't cut from Zuffa's lineup but he hasn't resigned. He'll probably fight Bodog in March and then resign with UFC.

UFC has said they are going to sign the best in the world in 2007. With DSE hurting in Japan (they still don't have a TV deal for the NYE show) some of their talent may be leaving. Cro-Cop was offered a good 6 fight contract from UFC. Fedor (DSE's Superhero) will be a free agent come January. Wanderlei's last contract fight for DSE is in March. With Zuffa paying, what the underground thinks, shitty salaries to what they make per event, they may decide to fork out the money for the better talent. If the UFC/Zuffa is smart they'll lock Cro-Cop, Fedor, and Silva in contract fights.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,474 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (18)
December 6 2006 8:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
nice. in regards to all the fighters zuffas looking at getting. that article i posted said monson asked the ufc to let him out of his contract so he could fight fedor. said he can go back if he wants or not.
forum Sports Talk ›› fedor vs. monson? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: fedor vs. monson?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?