forum Homebrew, Food and Cooking, Hydroponics ›› how dose a vaporizor work ›› new reply Post Reply
neon_black_tanks

explode the sun
54 Posts
27/M/OH

March 26 2007 2:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
ive seen them in high times mags all the time but dont know what the hell they do
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
26/M/NA

offline   (1)
March 26 2007 2:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
My friend has a small cheap one. You basically put the gear on glass, then heat up the glass with a lighter, and inhale the smoke.

I'm guessing you get big expensive ones that heat it up for you by just pressing a button and it probably doesn't have to be glass.

Edit: And basically, they heat up the gear to a level where the thc burns, which is before the rest of it, so you only end up smoking the thc, so it's healthier.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
197,292 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (23)
March 26 2007 2:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
they get you high, dumbass
neon_black_tanks
explode the sun
54 Posts
27/M/OH

March 26 2007 3:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
they sound cool but they can go for like 200-300 bucks
Bill Mazeroski
8 Gold Gloves
1,315 Posts
34/M/DE

offline   (6)
March 26 2007 3:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i got really really high off one once. i had soaked some weed in vodka, to make weed vodka, drained the vodka and put it aside, let the weed dry out a little, then smoked it out of the vapozizer. unless you can get free weed, they are not cost effective, but leave you a really good buzz.
randomn
Time Husk
651 Posts
28/M/NA

March 26 2007 4:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
as mentioned by sharplimbed vaporizers use a heating element to bring your chronic to a temperature JUST below combustion, so that only the thc is vaporized into a gas therefore not burning the weed which would lead to creating other carcinogens that are emitted during the process of combustion which your lungs do not like. thus it is a cleaner, healthier smoke. that and it saves you weed because 100% of the thc is released via this method.

and dont talk smack, they are cost effective over the long run. less weed is needed to obtain the same level high and it is also worlds better for your health. i bought a volcano 3 weeks ago and though i spent $700cdn on it, within a year it will have paid for itself by the amount of weed saved. ill post a picture of it in 30 mins, i just gotta transfer it from my phone to the comp.
randomn
Time Husk
651 Posts
28/M/NA

March 26 2007 4:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

i was a very happy boy that day.
Slit your guts
MORE BEER!!
1,816 Posts
26/M/PA

offline     (9)
March 26 2007 10:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I smoked one of those before, it was called the volcano. It definitly gives you a nice high its like huffing but your breathing in pot fumes.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
26/M/NA

offline   (1)
March 27 2007 10:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Do they really save weed over time? In my experience, I wouldn't have thought that to be true, but then again I've never been stoned exclusively with a vaporizor.

And it probably makes a difference how decent/shit it is.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,196 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (18)
March 27 2007 11:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i highly recommend the volcano
tttttttttttttttttttt
Time Husk
2,332 Posts
64/F/NA

March 27 2007 4:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Bill Mazeroski

i got really really high off one once. i had soaked some weed in vodka, to make weed vodka, drained the vodka and put it aside, let the weed dry out a little, then smoked it out of the vapozizer. unless you can get free weed, they are not cost effective, but leave you a really good buzz.

why would you soak weed in vodka??? as far as i know thc is not alcohol soluable.
logictrip
run like hell
6,591 Posts
27/M/PA

offline   (4)
March 27 2007 4:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Goodall

why would you soak weed in vodka??? as far as i know thc is not alcohol soluable.

if you soak stems in alcohol, the alcohol will absorb the thc.
i've never heard of people actually putting bud in liquor though.
randomn
Time Husk
651 Posts
28/M/NA

March 28 2007 12:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: logictrip

Originally posted by:Goodall

if you soak stems in alcohol, the alcohol will absorb the thc.
i've never heard of people actually putting bud in liquor though.

you are correct sir. alcohol will in fact absorb the thc. my friends and i have over 2 oz's of stems saved so far in order to make some weed vods. ;D however i wouldnt soak my weed in alc before i smoked it or hit it out of a vap. and yeah you have no idea how much weed it saves you.
carlos danger
something
23,430 Posts
25/M/ME

offline   (1)
March 28 2007 12:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
never heard of "green dragon" i take it? THC dissolves readily in ethanol (and most other organic solvents).
tttttttttttttttttttt
Time Husk
2,332 Posts
64/F/NA

March 28 2007 11:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
hmmmmm....at any ethanol concentration, or does it have to be 40% or above?
drunkship
Spliffwizard
3,705 Posts
29/M/CO

offline   (3)
March 28 2007 1:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm picking up a vaporizor on 4/20, this great headshop here is having huge sales/discounts on all their shit for the day.
forum Homebrew, Food and Cooking, Hydroponics ›› how dose a vaporizor work ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: how dose a vaporizor work

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band