forum Homebrew, Food and Cooking, Hydroponics ›› how dose a vaporizor work ›› new reply Post Reply
carlos danger
something
23,430 Posts
25/M/ME

offline   (1)
March 28 2007 1:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Goodall

hmmmmm....at any ethanol concentration, or does it have to be 40% or above?

no it can be lower... but the lower the concentration the more water the solution contains, and THC won't dissolve in water. Basically the concentration of the solution corresponds to how saturated it can become... obvioulsy pure ethanol, everclear, even high-proof vodka can hold a lot of THC... beer can not hold much...
tttttttttttttttttttt
Time Husk
2,332 Posts
64/F/NA

March 28 2007 1:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm thinking i could make a tincture with stems and everclear and then blend it into a 5gal batch of beer prior to bottling.
carlos danger
something
23,430 Posts
25/M/ME

offline   (1)
March 28 2007 3:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
hops and cannabis are pretty close relatives... pot is hops' sketchy uncle or that cousin that showed up to grandpa's funeral in torn jeans and a Zeke shirt. you could probably straight brew buds into a beer if you wanted... thc wouldn't effect the yeast, and the yeast wouldn't effect thc... and the only thing that boiling it would do is maybe decarboxylate some of the THC acids.

yhe way you described would work too; the key difference I guess would be flavor. Beer with THC extract added would probably just taste a little bitter... beer brewed with weed would obviously have it's own distinct heady flavor.
scotty izownce
40 40's
1,220 Posts
9/M/PA

offline   (7)
March 28 2007 4:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I put straight up buds in tequila once, I left it in the for like 2 months it was awesome.
tttttttttttttttttttt
Time Husk
2,332 Posts
64/F/NA

March 28 2007 4:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Ron Mexico

hops and cannabis are pretty close relatives... pot is hops' sketchy uncle or that cousin that showed up to grandpa's funeral in torn jeans and a Zeke shirt. you could probably straight brew buds into a beer if you wanted... thc wouldn't effect the yeast, and the yeast wouldn't effect thc... and the only thing that boiling it would do is maybe decarboxylate some of the THC acids.

yhe way you described would work too; the key difference I guess would be flavor. Beer with THC extract added would probably just taste a little bitter... beer brewed with weed would obviously have it's own distinct heady flavor.

yeah you've actually just sparked an all day train of though for me with this. i was aware of the relationship between cannabis and hops before, but for some reason i had it stuck in my head that thc was not alcohol soluable. i'm thinking my first approach might be to brew an agressively hopped double ipa (between 9 and 10% abv) and add addition hops and buds/stems in the secondary fermentor and go from there. that would avoid using the tincture and boiling all together.
joekane
joekane
323 Posts
27/M/PA

offline     (1)
March 28 2007 5:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
for being someone who doesn't smoke weed or like the smell of it, vaporizors are pretty cool. you can't smell it at all, the smoke is so clear.
randomn
Time Husk
651 Posts
28/M/NA

March 28 2007 8:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Goodall

Originally posted by:Ron Mexico

yeah you've actually just sparked an all day train of though for me with this. i was aware of the relationship between cannabis and hops before, but for some reason i had it stuck in my head that thc was not alcohol soluable. i'm thinking my first approach might be to brew an agressively hopped double ipa (between 9 and 10% abv) and add addition hops and buds/stems in the secondary fermentor and go from there. that would avoid using the tincture and boiling all together.

i want a case of this beer if it works!
drunkship
Spliffwizard
3,705 Posts
29/M/CO

offline   (3)
March 28 2007 8:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
a double ipa bud beer...! Now your speaking my language. Just last month I had a discussion about this with some brewers at Flying Dog Brewery.
forum Homebrew, Food and Cooking, Hydroponics ›› how dose a vaporizor work ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: how dose a vaporizor work

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band