all threads All Threads ›› Sling Blade ›› new reply Post Reply
XWHISKEYX

Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
May 8 2007 7:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'll take me some of them there french fried taters mmhmm...

Great movie.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,820 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 8 2007 8:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i usually always stop to watch some of it while channel surfing when it's on one of the million movie channels i get....my wife gets soooooo annoyed by the way he talks...i love it....plus the movie is just damn good anyway.

Billie Bob has said in some interviews that it actually hurts him to do that face and voice.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (21)
May 8 2007 8:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:XWHISKEYX

Great movie.

dan the jew
drop a hard J
17,175 Posts
39/M/CA

offline   (4)
May 8 2007 10:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: tyler13

Originally posted by: -Jeremy-

Originally posted by:XWHISKEYX

Great movie.

Originally posted by: .danielle.

i need to see this again soon. it's been awhile.

Captain Mark
Shark Pit!
3,129 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (3)
May 8 2007 11:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
why do people love movies about retards so much? the only tard movies i like are like TCM
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
May 8 2007 11:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
because tards can get away with doing things we wish we could get away with.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (21)
May 8 2007 6:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Captain Mark

why do people love movies about retards so much? the only tard movies i like are like TCM

I can't even comprehend the stupidity of this post. What the fuck are you talking about?

"tard movies"
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,785 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 8 2007 10:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There are lots of movies about retarded people that are praised.

I was reading in a magazine how John Heder and Billy Bob did a Napoleon/Childers improv for the cast and crew of that movie they did together. That was probably out of hand.
Sully624
residentTMLfan
3,472 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (4)
May 8 2007 10:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Captain Mark

Playing someone mentally challenged is extremely difficult, and it shows the depth of an actor/actress. Case in point, "I am Sam, and "The Rainman".
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (21)
May 9 2007 8:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:pahulkster

I was reading in a magazine how John Heder and Billy Bob did a Napoleon/Childers improv for the cast and crew of that movie they did together. That was probably out of hand.

There's really not that many films revolving around retarded people, and this dude is acting like it's its own genre, or something of the sort. And they're not all praised. Bill Bob Thornton pulls it off magnificantly in Sling Blade, but there are other movies that don't pull it off and are just a pain to watch (I Am Sam, The Other Sister, etc).
nakedaswecame
nakedaswecame
18 Posts
27/M/AR

May 10 2007 11:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is definitely one of the most amazing movies ever made. billy bob thornton is one very talented actor.
talented son of a bitch. its amazing how THAT is billy. it dosent even look like him. anyways, i loved the movie and its great.
Captain Mark
Shark Pit!
3,129 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (3)
May 10 2007 11:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:-Jeremy-

Originally posted by: Captain Mark

I can't even comprehend the stupidity of this post. What the fuck are you talking about?

"tard movies"

sorry if that wasnt P.C. enough for you, i fucking hate how movies about retards are so praised, same goes for all movies about minoritys being treated differently
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
May 10 2007 1:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I dont think it was about you coming off non-pc, you just came off as really dumb.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
May 11 2007 3:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

There's really not that many films revolving around retarded people, and this dude is acting like it's its own genre, or something of the sort. And they're not all praised. Bill Bob Thornton pulls it off magnificantly in Sling Blade, but there are other movies that don't pull it off and are just a pain to watch (I Am Sam, The Other Sister, etc).

leonardo dicaprio was fucking awesome in what's eating gilbert grape. should have won an oscar.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (21)
May 11 2007 8:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: 3,000 piece McNugget

leonardo dicaprio was fucking awesome in what's eating gilbert grape. should have won an oscar.

yeah, he was great in that movie. I believe he received an oscar nomination for it, but didn't win.
nakedaswecame
nakedaswecame
18 Posts
27/M/AR

May 11 2007 10:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
captain mark should be voted off because hes an egotistical maniac and needs to shut the fuck up and get a life instead of going to forums and making fun of people because its really not as cool as he thinks.
all threads All Threads ›› Sling Blade ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Sling Blade

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?