forum Politics and Society ›› Religion and the founding fathers ›› new reply Post Reply
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
July 4 2015 10:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Davey.

Originally posted by: Kadesh

Originally posted by: Davey.

" And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many."

You dont think only one of the first hand accounts mentioning multiple zombies is a contradiction?

I knew it was in the bible but I thought it was in revelation. Yeah that happened but how does it contradict another gospel if the other gospel doesn't even talk about it? What is that detail even contradicting?

It contradicts the fundamental biblical fact that most christians believe. Jesus is the only person who ever rose from the dead.
The only reason i brought that point up about the zombies is because it is the most blatant discrepancy, but every account of the resurrection in the bible contains facts that differ greatly from each other.
Your position that every one can be correct but some are more detailed than others is lazy.
And the fact that you had never even knew that people other than our lord and saviour came back from the dead is embarrassing.

haha, not true, I never said, "no one came back from the dead except for Jesus." I just didn't know exactly what you meant about how other people popped out of their graves when Jesus did. Lazarus came from the dead. Elijah brought back a woman from the dead and Paul brought back a man that dozed off by listening to his sermon. I just wasn't sure more people came back there exactly. I know in Revelations some people come back from the dead too.
However, Jesus was the only who did it by himself. That was basically the halmark that He is God. This isn't just mythical, there is actually evidence of this via eyewitnesses.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (26)
July 4 2015 10:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (26)
July 4 2015 10:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
if you can prove that Jesus Christ did not rise from the grave factually, historically and honestly then my faith is worth nothing. That is a challenge.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 4 2015 3:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

if you can prove that Jesus Christ did not rise from the grave factually, historically and honestly then my faith is worth nothing. That is a challenge.

No, that is a shifting of the burden of proof. There is no reason to believe it happened in the first place. You don't believe anything else comparable until it is proven wrong, right?
planet of the apes
no.
3,899 Posts
34/M/NJ

offline   (6)
July 4 2015 5:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
July 6 2015 11:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: crunkmoose

No, that is a shifting of the burden of proof. There is no reason to believe it happened in the first place. You don't believe anything else comparable until it is proven wrong, right?

People say He did, there were over 500 witnesses.
Dianana
8====D
65,789 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (8)
July 6 2015 11:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
so you believe loch ness monster eye witness accounts?
brian.
new cocks
143,769 Posts
33/M/IL

offline   (9)
July 6 2015 12:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i read a story the other day about todd zeile hanging out with charlie sheen in a canoe trying to find the loch ness monster lol
XUXYUXHHHXGUXHGXGHXG
Probe Baby Zole
1,460 Posts
M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
July 6 2015 12:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

There were a few million witnesses to the earth being flat and the ocean being full of football field sized sea monsters. Also, hundreds of thousands witnessed witchcraft taking place and thought it was wise to burn the accused alive.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 6 2015 2:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Really? How do we know there were any witnesses at all?
Brett Weir
im gay
44,472 Posts
33/M/NY

offline  mobile reply   (7)
July 7 2015 7:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Because a book that was rewritten by humans over and over and over and over and over and over etc again for hundreds and hundreds of years said it
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 7 2015 8:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

so you believe loch ness monster eye witness accounts?

You are talking to the dipshit who believes dinosaurs still exist because of eyewitness accounts and ZERO actual evidence.

Matt clearly doesn't realize that eyewitnesses are actually not all that reliable.
ulrikesdream
Time Husk
336 Posts
45/N/A/AK

offline   (3)
June 16 2016 2:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Tml Matus

'founding fathers' ... that right there is why i think USA is slightly fucked ...

totally
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
37,624 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (11)
July 2 2016 11:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brian.

i read a story the other day about todd zeile hanging out with charlie sheen in a canoe trying to find the loch ness monster lol

lol
Dianana
8====D
65,789 Posts
34/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (8)
July 3 2016 9:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Haha
forum Politics and Society ›› Religion and the founding fathers ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Religion and the founding fathers

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?