forum Musicians' Forum ›› akai head rush e2 ›› new reply Post Reply
BobSacamano

out of the tombs
5,659 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (16)
November 9 2007 12:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
... just got one of these. shit is fucking tiiiiight. i have never used a real echoplexx/any sort of analog tape delay or phrase sampler so i cant really compare it to the real thing, but as far as im concerned this pedal is the fucking SHIT. well worth the 180 bucks i blew... been wanting something like this for awhile now...

Nicholas Steinborn
hurfablurf
8,050 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (12)
November 9 2007 10:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'd more interested in one for looping than delays.

Also, analog delays are overrated.
RedBear
hella awesome
876 Posts
34/M/IL

offline   (5)
November 11 2007 2:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Nicholas Steinborn

disagreeing with that comment. Some of the absolute best delay sounds I've achieved have only been able to be reproduced on my analog pedals. Even though I run a digital/analog hybrid as my main pedal (Pigtronix Echolution) and while it can make sounds no other delay can as well as being able to handle tons of tones that other delay's on the market can achieve. My memory man and AD-9 can do some amazing things that I just cannot replicate no matter how hard I try.
RedBear
hella awesome
876 Posts
34/M/IL

offline   (5)
November 11 2007 2:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Also Boss RC-50 you will be mine....
Nicholas Steinborn
hurfablurf
8,050 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (12)
November 11 2007 3:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:RedBear

Originally posted by: Nicholas Steinborn

disagreeing with that comment. Some of the absolute best delay sounds I've achieved have only been able to be reproduced on my analog pedals. Even though I run a digital/analog hybrid as my main pedal (Pigtronix Echolution) and while it can make sounds no other delay can as well as being able to handle tons of tones that other delay's on the market can achieve. My memory man and AD-9 can do some amazing things that I just cannot replicate no matter how hard I try.

Really, though. Analog delays get some ridiculous bogus hype for no reason.

Most people shitting their pants wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind test unless it was obvious like the dirty repeats of a DMM vs the crystal clear repeats of a DD3.

I just think a lot of hype on messageboards is complete bullshit. Like people who obsess over tape vs digital recording or this vs that or that vs this. 90% of people CAN'T TELL. They'll still make a big stink over it because they heard it's "better" somewhere on the internet, though.

I have an Arion SAD-1 which uses the same chip as the Boss DM2/3. It's a great sounding delay, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over having to use my DL4 over it.

The DMM is a different story, though. There aren't any delays out there pulling off the wackiness of that pedal.
a national acrobat
KT88
30,389 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 13 2007 12:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
cntrl alt delete yourself bud
Nicholas Steinborn
hurfablurf
8,050 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (12)
November 13 2007 1:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm just calling it like it is.
greg y.
to the willows!
3,910 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 13 2007 12:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
while i will agree that there are people who can not tell the difference, in my experience with both digital and analog delays, analog sounds better hands down. i used to own a boss dd6 which by no means was a bad pedal, it sounded good and had some neat extras over the deluxe memory man i have now, i can hear the difference between analog vs. digital.

now i'm not knocking digital pedals, they are useful and more cost-effective in terms of features, but i prefer analog.

speaking of delays, anybody mess with that boss roland space echo pedal yet? curious about how it sounds.
BobSacamano
out of the tombs
5,659 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (16)
November 13 2007 3:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Nicholas Steinborn

I'd more interested in one for looping than delays.

the looping is taking me a little bit to get used to with timing and all since ive never messed with anything of the sort before and you have to be realllly precise if youre trying to layer shit, but it's awesome nonetheless... think i will probably end up using it more than the delays.
BobSacamano
out of the tombs
5,659 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (16)
November 13 2007 9:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the tape echo is awesome though. you can do some real spacey ridiculous shit with it. honestly, i have an ibanez analog delay from the '80s that was my dad's that sounds better than the standard delay on this thing... so i guess analog delays are better? maybe...
Nicholas Steinborn
hurfablurf
8,050 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (12)
November 13 2007 11:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:greg y.

while i will agree that there are people who can not tell the difference, in my experience with both digital and analog delays, analog sounds better hands down. i used to own a boss dd6 which by no means was a bad pedal, it sounded good and had some neat extras over the deluxe memory man i have now, i can hear the difference between analog vs. digital.

now i'm not knocking digital pedals, they are useful and more cost-effective in terms of features, but i prefer analog.

speaking of delays, anybody mess with that boss roland space echo pedal yet? curious about how it sounds.

There are a lot of analog voiced digital pedals out there. A DD6 is crystal clear and it's a no brainer to compare it to something dark and dirty like a Deluxe Memory Man.

I'm not denying that analog pedals sound good, I just think the bogus "mojo" is bullshit. They don't sound "better", they sound different. There are times when a clear, precise delay is just what you need. Analog is not the answer. Besides that, there are a number of digital delays that oscillate or have a dirtier tone or do whatever "better" than an analog delay.

The Line 6 analog models sound great. An Ibanez DE7 gets on the edge of oscillation better than any analog pedal I've heard(haven't played with a DMM in a while.. so who knows) at any delay time. Most analog delays need to be at a shorter delay time to jump into oscillation.

Again, not hating on analog delays. I have one and it sounds super duper for what I use it for.
Nicholas Steinborn
hurfablurf
8,050 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (12)
November 13 2007 11:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The Headrush is a badass pedal. That is all.
greg y.
to the willows!
3,910 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 13 2007 11:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
nick, you bring up good points and i'll agree. different is the right word, not better. its all in personal taste and what the music calls for.
forum Musicians' Forum ›› akai head rush e2 ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: akai head rush e2

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?