forum Musicians' Forum ›› Future of DJing ›› new reply Post Reply
IfYouSleep

shiner
146 Posts
36/F/DC

offline   (3)
November 21 2007 11:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
How do you think DJ's will evolve in the future. Anyways i was curious because i was on pandora discussion boards (www.pandoradiscussionarea.com,) , and could see the Dj's tranforming and adapting to internet technologies. Couldn't you see a future where DJ's are doing 10 parties at one time from their own basements with the aide of internet technology as streaming gets faster? Like to know, also submit your thoughts one the pandora message board site.
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
November 25 2007 9:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I know this is a spam post and really have no intention of posting on your dumb board, but I will say, if they're not even in the room to DJ then you're essentially just cranking out the radio in the room. I'm sure it'll come to that in many instances, but it's not the same thing.
thewelfareline666
liz has a fat puss
8,269 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (14)
November 25 2007 9:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
as eric stated this is spam and wont get a response, but in no way ever is "DJ" a musician. they are dudes that play other peoples music. i do the same thing in my car with my IPOD.
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
November 25 2007 10:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I can somewhat agree with you, but there can definitely be an insane amount of talent in being a DJ. the things I've seen fellow DJ's do with turntables and even laptops and CDJ's, both in realtime and in what goes into putting together what they do, is absolutely bananas.

there's 2 virtues to DJing... taste and skill, I do my best at the first and haven't even touched on the second. I value original things very highly but if you can do great things with other people's music, more power to you.
towlee
Time Husk
7 Posts
19/M/NA

December 3 2007 8:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
well said
forum Musicians' Forum ›› Future of DJing ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Future of DJing

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics