forum Drone, Noise, Electronic, Experimental ›› Ambient jams.... ›› new reply Post Reply
RedBear

hella awesome
876 Posts
34/M/IL

offline   (5)
February 3 2008 4:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've been recording some things in my spare time. It started out as an ambient project, but it just kind of evolved into whatever it turned up being. Not quite as ambient, but I like it a lot none the less. I pretty much use all sorts of instruments guitars, basses, synths, bows, ebows, and a lot of pedals,and a ton of reverb. Well if you want check it out if you got some time. I would suggest Mittens 2, I was pretty happy how that turned out.

The project is called ((((snettiMittens)))) just pronounced Mittens.

http://www.myspace.com/snettimittens

if you listen to it in headphones it is cool because a lot of it swirls around your head and whatnot. So yeah, check it out let me know what you think.

jon.
Burn That Hole
8,611 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (1)
February 4 2008 10:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
these jams are great.
ryan.chapman
work bonerz
2,528 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (4)
February 4 2008 10:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm really considering doing this as something to do. i have the equipment, and the boredom, its just the talent thats not all there, lol.

these sound great.
TOOTHPAC SHAKUR
master quoter
30,897 Posts
33/M/OH

offline   (2)
February 4 2008 1:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
mittens 2 sounds like some david lynch shit.
this is really good though.
RedBear
hella awesome
876 Posts
34/M/IL

offline   (5)
February 4 2008 10:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
dude talent has nothing to do with it. I make up everything in those on the spot. Absolutely no pre-conceived notions of what I am doing. In fact one of the songs (not posted, Mittens 9) I actually made without listening to, I just overdub about 4 tracks of instruments in the same key and figured it would work.
TOOTHPAC SHAKUR
master quoter
30,897 Posts
33/M/OH

offline   (2)
February 5 2008 2:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:RedBear

dude talent has nothing to do with it. I make up everything in those on the spot. Absolutely no pre-conceived notions of what I am doing. In fact one of the songs (not posted, Mittens 9) I actually made without listening to, I just overdub about 4 tracks of instruments in the same key and figured it would work.

EXACTLY, improvasation only
this is the same way i jamm
adamray82
Riffmaster
2,385 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
February 11 2008 7:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm really into this. What do use to record?
BobSacamano
out of the tombs
5,659 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (16)
February 11 2008 8:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i have a bunch of multitracked improv shit on myspace. not really in the same vein but its all improvisational shit...

click here for link

you're shit sounds better, but im working on doing something neat... just lacking any sort of general idea of what it should sound like so everything i've done lately is all across the board and alot of it has come out sounding kinda boring, i'd say.
RedBear
hella awesome
876 Posts
34/M/IL

offline   (5)
February 11 2008 10:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: adamray82

I'm really into this. What do use to record?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

I did everything with the internal mic on my mac and grarge band. Just had my bass amp set up about 12 feet from the front of my computer and made sure to adjust levels so as to not distort the mic. (although it did happen a few times)

I got a presonus firestudio now so I can do things in stereo and what not, and my music editing software of choice is Cubase. So I'll be able to get a lot more in depth with the new recordings when I get around to doing them. Plus I wont have to worry about the mouse falling being picked up so loudly by the mic when I am recording (happens in Mittens 1) and I'm pretty sure my mom is talking to me in Mittens 5 or 6.
forum Drone, Noise, Electronic, Experimental ›› Ambient jams.... ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Ambient jams....

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?